Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CourtneyBrooks

absolutley ridiculos

this forum is obscene, I am leaving, I got rid of my acne without the regimen and the regimen just made it worse.

3 of my friends registered, they all posted their problems in appropriate sections, and they got NO help.

They only time they got SOME recognition is when they asked for some help in another thread and that was very brief.

How long did your friends wait for responses? Did any of them try bumping their threads back to the front page where they'd be most likely to be seen? Were they questions that had already been answered elsewhere on the boards? Did they try using the 'Search' tool to find answers?

It's a shame that you're leaving over this, but that's your choice. Still, I don't see how any of this would qualify these boards as "obscene".

Hi Courtney,

I'm glad that you found a way to clear your acne. That's great!

As for your friends not getting a lot of feedback, I'm sorry to hear that. Keep in mind that we are a peer sharing website. This community is made up of individual members, and it is what you make of it. Sometimes you get a lot of feedback and sometimes you don't. And sometimes it just takes awhile to get a response.

There's a lot of useful information here, and you may have to spend some time searching for it and reading awhile as C'est mentioned above. If you'd like to point us in the direction of your friends questions, I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can help out in any way.

I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving, but it isn't unusual for people to leave once they are clear, so I wish you well. :)

CourtneyBrooks said:
this forum is obscene, I am leaving, I got rid of my acne without the regimen and the regimen just made it worse.

3 of my friends registered, they all posted their problems in appropriate sections, and they got NO help.

They only time they got SOME recognition is when they asked for some help in another thread and that was very brief.

XX

Edited by godawfulface

i agree, this site is really a double edge sword, some info does help, but about 90% of it is just bull or advertisements, or people complaining, its best to look for an answer to ur question, but a bad idea to post and ask considering its just peoples opinions and not real proven facts,,

i agree, this site is really a double edge sword, some info does help, but about 90% of it is just bull or advertisements, or people complaining, its best to look for an answer to ur question, but a bad idea to post and ask considering its just peoples opinions and not real proven facts,,

When you see an advertisement or something you think is an advertisement, just report it. It will be removed. "People complaining": yes, in the emo forum. That's what it's there for, to vent, share frustrations, and get support. The other forums are, as Brandy and c'est say, what you make of them.

I'd definitely not say that 90% of this board is bull or advertisements. That's definitely not a 'proven fact.'

I dunno what to say. I think it's ridiculous of you to judge the site based on topics people make or the way people deal with their emotions. :shrug:

I try my best to answer threads when I can and if I know the answer. But you have to understand, we aren't google. We're all struggling here at the same time and looking for our OWN answers to this misery. People can't be there 24/7 to answer every question. I'm sorry people weren't there to help, but you can't place the blame on this whole site.

This site is very helpful, and it's a shame you're leaving because of those issues.

To be honest I post replies to nearly everythread. So your friends must have just been unlucky.

If you are going to leave, why make a post about it anyway? what do you gain?

I think you should chill out and just forget about it.

I dunno what to say. I think it's ridiculous of you to judge the site based on topics people make or the way people deal with their emotions. :shrug:

I try my best to answer threads when I can and if I know the answer. But you have to understand, we aren't google. We're all struggling here at the same time and looking for our OWN answers to this misery. People can't be there 24/7 to answer every question. I'm sorry people weren't there to help, but you can't place the blame on this whole site.

This site is very helpful, and it's a shame you're leaving because of those issues.

couldnt have said it better myself.

What do you think this is, the Beverly Hills Hilton? Sometimes, in order to get help, you have to help yourself first. Don't give up right away. I spent months at this site, in my Accutane log, before I got a tremendous amount of help and support. You have to build a following and post daily if you want consistency. Continuity doesn't grow on trees, honey! A bad attitude and approach won't get you anywhere either!

Edited by WalkTheWire

Sorry we didn't cater to all of your friends needs. Maybe the people on the org didn't have answers for them? After all, we aren't all dermatologists...

so wait.. someone's talkin about leavin.. wtf.. like this is a commune or something.. hahhaha

sheeeeyyyiiiitt

I agree. I've posted several topics on this website. Overall, I have only gotten ONE single reply on one of them...No one ever answers my questions on here. The people on here can be very rude and unfriendly. I've never gotten any replies, but I see that my topics have been read quite a few times. So I agree with what you're saying.

I mean really, is it a coincidence that NOW you're getting a bunch of feedback?? I don't think so.

Edited by Maya94

Good Bye! :wavey:

I'll play you out..... :boohoo:

I would hope that you of all people on this site would show more compassion... Truth be told, I see you complaining the most on this site anyway. :mad:

I agree. I've posted several topics on this website. Overall, I have only gotten ONE single reply on one of them...No one ever answers my questions on here. The people on here can be very rude and unfriendly. I've never gotten any replies, but I see that my topics have been read quite a few times. So I agree with what you're saying.

I mean really, is it a coincidence that NOW you're getting a bunch of feedback?? I don't think so.

Maybe we read them, but cannot help you. Would you like me to look at all of your threads, and make a post on them saying, "Just dropping by to let you know I don't have any idea how to help/fix your problem?" Honestly, do you really think everyone is trying to avoid you for no apparent reason? jeeze.... :snooty:

Also, before you post something, look to see if anyone else has already posted something about that topic.....

I looked back through your topics. You have six total topics. Each has at least one reply. Then I looked through a few pages of your posts; most were just observational in nature and didn't require a response as they didn't actually have a question. Perhaps I missed some.

Take a look at the number of posts that happen every day. Not everyone gets answered; sometimes you have to PM someone to ask them to take a look at your thread and post a response. Sometimes you just have to 'bump' your thread to get it answered. You're certainly not being singled out.

Look at the thousands of threads here that do have answers....someone's answering. Just not all the time for every single post by every single person.

cant believe you would be so rude!! this site is a life saver so with an attitude like that good riddance - nobody will you miss you!