Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sbjj0701

Ever feel like you've made your acne so much worse by trying to make it better???

I apologize for this rant I'm about to begin....but I feel like these past 4 years I have only been damaging my skin more. It's messing with my head. I've never been so sad about acne before....

Soo...I was recently looking at pictures of myself from about 3 or 4 years ago (I'm 20 now) and i began to wonder why is it that I had such great skin in high school, and now that I'm in college it's significantly worse...?

Would it be wise to go back to those same regimens I had in high school when my acne was mild to moderate?

I am now a second-year in college and my acne is the worst it has ever been in my life. I began accutane in winter of 2008 and it barely helped me. For a small amount of time I had smaller breakouts, then come Jan of 2010, I was back to the big bad stuff.

Did accutane make my acne worse overall? I feel like I just keep messing everything up! And I'm only trying to make it better!

Now I'm on BezaClin and Minocyclin. They're not helping. I really don't know what to do anymore.

I'm just losing hope in all these treatments....

All my friends who had acne in high school are acne-free now that they're in college. I feel really alone in this fight. What happened to me?

:( thanks for listening....

Yes. I started getting acne when I was around 14 but I never did anything to treat it. I just thought, meh, just a few breakouts and didn't buy any products or worry about it at all.

When I think about all the products I've used on my face I know it can't be good.

''YOU ARE NOT ALONE'' (M.J VOICE), :comfort: AND ALOT OF US KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. ALL I CAN SAY IS, "DON'T GIVE UP" AND I WILL TRY MY BEST NOT TOO EITHER. :hifive: