Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dcfutbol2

FRUSTRATION with western doctors!!!

Alright so how many of you are so frustrated when you visit a normal doctor??? I have visited 2 regular American doctors over the past few days and they have told me that my acne, cold feet, and red eyes have nothing to do with internal issues. I wanna just say BULLSHIT to their face.

I didn't start getting these symptoms until I was on anitibiotics for 5 months and was eating a shitty diet at the time. They also refuse to believe I have any problems with my liver/intestines just because I don't feel any pain in that area. And they just wanted to prescribe me more prescriptions, cool thats gonna help.. NOT.

So therefore I got nothing accomplished and I am back to trying to cure myself, thanks again Western Medicine.

Guest Scarlett Skies
Alright so how many of you are so frustrated when you visit a normal doctor??? I have visited 2 regular American doctors over the past few days and they have told me that my acne, cold feet, and red eyes have nothing to do with internal issues. I wanna just say BULLSHIT to their face.

I didn't start getting these symptoms until I was on anitibiotics for 5 months and was eating a shitty diet at the time. They also refuse to believe I have any problems with my liver/intestines just because I don't feel any pain in that area. And they just wanted to prescribe me more prescriptions, cool thats gonna help.. NOT.

So therefore I got nothing accomplished and I am back to trying to cure myself, thanks again Western Medicine.

Try a Naturopathic Doctor! Your experience will be much different.....

calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous.

every cell needs these before anything else, your body just doesnt store tons of calcium, magnesium and phosphorous in bone just for the hell of it. i went to perhaps 8 doctors and 6 er visits iwth an irrefutable calcium deficiency, i had consumed on average 400 mg of calcium for 2 years, after perhaps 30 blood tests, they couldnt tell me this smple fact. as far as i have read serum slevels may not reflect total mineral status, this knowledge is beyond the realm of what is objectively observable in emprical science, unless!!! they burn your body to ashess and seperate the calcium from the other left over minerals that are left, that is the only way you will ever know the complete mineral staus, this applys to just about all minerals. you can check serum levels and they can say fine, but total tissue status will remain a mystery. The medical industry has become a little too governing by empirical science, and doctors really stay celar of personal opinions on disease and philosophical theories about treating health issues, there livelihood depends on it or they will lose there prestigious license to practice.

there is only one way to know if you are getting enough, analyze your diet, but even then all the nutrition labels have been generalized and the amount of minerals in a specific food grown in a specific feild, will vary greatly, the mass production of food has depleted the earth of many of its minerals, so after analyzing the mineral content of all the foods you eat, determine where supplements may seem necessary to you, no doubt calcium and magnesium will be the most important of all these. there is NO way to know what is really in our food supply unless you own a lab. Just get as much as you can in your diet, then take supplements and see if your body functions better.

Please consider amino acid chelated minerals, some companies chelate minerals to things like citric acid, which in my recent experiance, the body just spits citirc acid back out into the digestive tract and it is so well at binding with minerals it will rebind with anything on its way out and rob you of minerals, where as amino acids can be used by the body they are just digested protein, the body doesnt spit them out, it uses the amino acids.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

Have you checked out this site yet? Just read the first few sentences and you'll see how it fits into your gripe against western medicine. I had the same problem...In fact they had put me on drugs for my kidney, thyroid and liver and said I would need a liver transplant if the pills didn't start working. That was three years ago and I stopped taking them a couple days after that. Oh yeah, me and several others on this site have had great skin results using the program or parts of it...

Omg, I love all the people on here. It's like everything I've ever thought about I can find on here! I am so vexed with doctors these days, especially dermatologists.

It's funny. The people with insurance get the most expensive tests, and the people without insurance don't get these tests for the same exact problems / symptoms. It makes you wonder, are the doctors just giving you the expensive tests because they know your insurance will pay for it....or are the people without insurance just not getting adequate treatment? I definitely don't think it's the latter. (If someone needs a test and can't afford it, a doctor is still gonna make them get the test.)

Edited by rutgers7

Omg, I love all the people on here. It's like everything I've ever thought about I can find on here! I am so vexed with doctors these days, especially dermatologists.

It's funny. The people with insurance get the most expensive tests, and the people without insurance don't get these tests for the same exact problems / symptoms. It makes you wonder, are the doctors just giving you the expensive tests because they know your insurance will pay for it....or are the people without insurance just not getting adequate treatment? I definitely don't think it's the latter. (If someone needs a test and can't afford it, a doctor is still gonna make them get the test.)

i have insurance and crappy insurance at that. i still got plenty of expensive tests, but for an anxiety attack a relative of mine stayed in the hospital for 3 days!! with great insurance, where as i was tested and shoved out of there asap. this observation was a lesson learned that there are differences. same situation, different insurance therefore different treatment. these are the real rules of life no one told you about my friend. have the best insurance possible, and also prevention is the best insurance, you never want to be anywhere near a hospital of clumsy goofy nurses. it has very little to do with health "care" its between the doctors raping the insurance companies, you are somehow in the middle of all this, its no longer about you. but i could be wrong, as my perception may also decieve me, but im certainly paying attention!

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

Have you checked out this site yet? Just read the first few sentences and you'll see how it fits into your gripe against western medicine. I had the same problem...In fact they had put me on drugs for my kidney, thyroid and liver and said I would need a liver transplant if the pills didn't start working. That was three years ago and I stopped taking them a couple days after that. Oh yeah, me and several others on this site have had great skin results using the program or parts of it...

a lot of stuff on this site is pretty spot on, but a lot of it is also misinformed bullshit too. Proceed with caution.

My doc retired about 9 years ago and I have yet to meet his substitute...

There was an interesting series of articles on naturalnews.com over the past few months, called "heal yourself in 15 days". I'll post the links here:

Part One - Remove barriers to healing

Part Two - Unleash your inner healing potential

Part Three - You are what you absorb

Part Four - Transform your health by making new blood

Part Five - Experience the healing potential of living plant juices

Part Six - Accelerate your healing with a 24-hour fast

Part Seven - Improve your health by rejecting the (mainstream) crowd

Part Eight - Stop making disease

Part Nine - Heal yourself by correcting a "Nature deficiency"

Part Ten - Heal yourself by cleaning up your skin exposure

Part Eleven - Heal yourself by eating MORE (not less)

Part Twelve - Heal yourself with the attitude of gratitude

Part Thirteen - Social healing

Part Fourteen - How to have more fun with exercise

Part Fifteen - Heal yourself by listening to your body

Wow those are great AKL...I am all for Holistic alternative medicine nowadays

Sometime in the near future people will start to realize how ass backwards Western Medicines thinking is.. not saying its all bad.

BUT ive turned my severe acne to mild just with diet and lifestyle changes

Extremely expensive medicines only had temporary success

a lot of stuff on this site is pretty spot on, but a lot of it is also misinformed bullshit too. Proceed with caution.

Well, I've been following it for three years and am still alive and acne/rosacea free. Docs said I would need a liver trans and take a bunch of pills for the rest of my life. I researched everything myself cuz I thought a lot of it was bullshit, too. Guess we'll agree to disagree....

Modern medical doctors aren't dieticians, nutritionists, or homeopathic natural practitioners. You shouldn't expect them to try to treat and diagnose your conditions in this manner; they are trained to make a diagnosis, and then treat the problem with medication and suggesting basic lifestyle changes. You have to realize that the majority of the population has absolutely no interest in making lifestyle changes, and if a doctor does not prescribe medications these people will go untreated.

Doctors go through a ton of school, have to intern for years, and nowadays spend probably an equal amount of time on the business side of running their practice as they do on actual patient care. By the nature of their profession they are very smart and very hard working, and know a lot more about the human body than you do. So remember that next time they frustrate you.

Edited by Pimpstick

Well they went to med-school for many years so I hope they know SOMETHING about acne. I just think that they take a generic "cookie cutter" approach to treating it, you know? "Heres some benzoyl peroxide and some anti-biotics and goodby"

Well they went to med-school for many years so I hope they know SOMETHING about acne. I just think that they take a generic "cookie cutter" approach to treating it, you know? "Heres some benzoyl peroxide and some anti-biotics and goodby"

I understand your point, but it's a two way street. A lot of people go to the doctor, but don't talk to them. If you don't communicate with your doctor, what are they supposed to do besides prescribe you the "cookie cutter" treatment.

Take the case of the OP. He goes to the doctor with the notion that modern medicine is "ass backwards", starts spewing non-scientific babble about how he thinks his intestines are fucked up with nothing to substantiate it. If he wasn't paying, the doctor probably would have laughed at him. Now, if he went in with a different approach, he might have had a different outcome.

Edited by Pimpstick

Western medicine is amazing at acute care, while naturopathic medicine is better for chronic conditions. I find that seeing a naturopath is actually CHEAPER than seeing my regular doc, even with insurance, as the co-pays are ridiculous and the regular doc runs way more expensive tests and requires more follow-up visits. Just something to consider if you're looking into naturopathic care.

Well, I've been following it for three years and am still alive and acne/rosacea free. Docs said I would need a liver trans and take a bunch of pills for the rest of my life. I researched everything myself cuz I thought a lot of it was bullshit, too. Guess we'll agree to disagree....

you wouldn't be able to say that if you actually followed everything suggested there. Some of it is genuinely dangerous.

30,000 IU of Vitamin A a day? Horrible idea. 30,000 IU a day of retinol form Vitamina A (cod liver oil)? You realize this is something along the lines of 3 times the upper limit right? You would need a liver transplant even if you had a healthy liver after enduring that for 3 years.

Edited by Sahartar

Modern medical doctors aren't dieticians, nutritionists, or homeopathic natural practitioners

Thank god! Homeopathy (aka "water molecules have memory!") is based on the superstitious belief (the "law of similars") that the way to cure a symptom is to find a poison that causes the symptom, then dilute/divide a tiny amount of that poison with water so many times that there is virtually not a single molecule of the original poison left, then give the water to the patient. What an incredibly tedious path to manufacture a placebo (great profit margins though!).

On the plus side, homeopathy is cheaper than sacrificing a goat -- and just as effective!

:D

How easy it is to fleece people who are suffering.

Modern medical doctors aren't dieticians, nutritionists, or homeopathic natural practitioners

Thank god! Homeopathy (aka "water molecules have memory!") is based on the superstitious belief (the "law of similars") that the way to cure a symptom is to find a poison that causes the symptom, then dilute/divide a tiny amount of that poison with water so many times that there is virtually not a single molecule of the original poison left, then give the water to the patient. What an incredibly tedious path to manufacture a placebo (great profit margins though!).

On the plus side, homeopathy is cheaper than sacrificing a goat -- and just as effective!

:D

How easy it is to fleece people who are suffering.

lol, this is true. But it would be nicer if doctors understood nutrition a little better, especially sports nutrition.

you wouldn't be able to say that if you actually followed everything suggested there. Some of it is genuinely dangerous.

30,000 IU of Vitamin A a day? Horrible idea. 30,000 IU a day of retinol form Vitamina A (cod liver oil)? You realize this is something along the lines of 3 times the upper limit right? You would need a liver transplant even if you had a healthy liver after enduring that for 3 years.

I probably shouldn't justify that with a response...

A.Suffice it to say, yes I have taken that much for three years and so have thousands of people who have followed that program (including the moderator for over 20 years), even more who've followed the advise and research of the WAPF, and many traditional cultures have (or had) very high natural vitamin A intake for their entire lives.

B.-The chief source of calories in the traditional Inuit diet, for example, is seal oil, which Weston Price found to be higher in vitamin A than cod liver oil.

-Fish heads, extremely rich in vitamin A, are a staple in the Japanese diet.

-Many cultures consume liver, often in high amounts-the Frenchman enjoying his foie gras, the Englishman consuming liver and onions, or the South Sea Islander who submits to great danger to obtain shark liver for men and women, in order to ensure healthy children.

C. I can't argue against results, but obviously I can't argue at all because I'm dead from three years of 20,000-30,000 IU natural vitamin A

D.USDA's upper limits and RDA's are a joke, and they don't separate natural vs synthetic (the latter of which is what they studied and IS likely toxic). Last time I trusted USDA, I was on a super low-fat diet, high whole grains/milk etc and ended up near-death. When I stopped blindly following their idiotic recommendations and thought for myself is when I got better.

Edited by ryudoadema

I would like to add that doctors treat the SYMPTOMS of disease, which is often just your body telling you something's wrong and/or a reaction to your body trying to fix it

E.G.-Your cholesterol goes up because your unhealthy, not the other way around. It's been proven that statin drugs don't work, because what made your cholesterol go up is still making you unhealthy. Cholesterol is your bodies reaction to illness, which has been shown to protect your body from damage- especially the brain and other organs

-Back pain, headaches, arthritis etc are all caused by inflammation. What is inflammation but your body reacting to damage/stress by sending more blood (and with it extra oxygen and nutrients) to the problem areas. Doctors give anti-inflamatories and painkillers, which again mask only the symptom and in fact STOP the healing process. Sure, the swelling hurts, but once it's gone do you really think the underlying problem is, too?

-One example of where a doctor could be argued to come in handy is in ridding infections with antibiotics. Most of the time, though, if one was truly healthy one would not get an infection. Besides, I would much rather use a natural antibiotic like garlic or oregano oil that would not help create resistant bacteria and would kill yeasts and fungus at the same time to avoid dysbiosis and candida.

I didn't start getting these symptoms until I was on anitibiotics for 5 months

That's very interesting you say that. I've been on antibiotics for the better part of 5 years unfortunately and I always have cold feet and hands and have never even thought that it could be caused by my antibiotics. Also, recently I've been experiencing eye pain feels like my eyes are constantly strained and that might be from it too.....I'll have to check into it

A.Suffice it to say, yes I have taken that much for three years and so have thousands of people who have followed that program (including the moderator for over 20 years), even more who've followed the advise and research of the WAPF, and many traditional cultures have (or had) very high natural vitamin A intake for their entire lives.

B.-The chief source of calories in the traditional Inuit diet, for example, is seal oil, which Weston Price found to be higher in vitamin A than cod liver oil.

-Many cultures consume liver, often in high amounts-the Frenchman enjoying his foie gras, the Englishman consuming liver and onions, or the South Sea Islander who submits to great danger to obtain shark liver for men and women, in order to ensure healthy children.

C. I can't argue against results, but obviously I can't argue at all because I'm dead from three years of 20,000-30,000 IU natural vitamin A

D.USDA's upper limits and RDA's are a joke, and they don't separate natural vs synthetic (the latter of which is what they studied and IS likely toxic). Last time I trusted USDA, I was on a super low-fat diet, high whole grains/milk etc and ended up near-death. When I stopped blindly following their idiotic recommendations and thought for myself is when I got better.

ok. I'm going to go along with the idea that you've hit on a safe dose of Vitamin A that you can maintain long term. There's still other little details to contend with.

You mention the French and the Japanese. These people don't consume anywhere near an 80% fat, 10% carb, 10% diet like this site advocates. And the Japanese also eat soy in substantial amounts, drink caffeine from their green tea, and eat rice. The french eat monumental quantities of bread. And what is it we keep hearing about these people? That they're dropping dead of chronic disease or that they're known for their longevity?

Also, an all meat diet might work for Inuits who eat natural meat and eat a variety of animal derived products, but it probably won't work out so hot for Americans who buy supermarket meat. Or the ones that read ORGANIC on the label and assume it must be healthy.

I'm not arguing for people to eat a diet according to what the Food Pyramid says or what the government says. I wholeheartedly believe that the traditional low fat diet is wrong. And I'm willing to believe that eating your way may have saved you a liver. But I'm not going to believe that it's the ideal way for the average person to eat when I we have plenty of examples to turn to that show that there are other easier and probably healthier ways to eat.

ok. I'm going to go along with the idea that you've hit on a safe dose of Vitamin A that you can maintain long term. There's still other little details to contend with.

You mention the French and the Japanese. These people don't consume anywhere near an 80% fat, 10% carb, 10% diet like this site advocates. And the Japanese also eat soy in substantial amounts, drink caffeine from their green tea, and eat rice. The french eat monumental quantities of bread. And what is it we keep hearing about these people? That they're dropping dead of chronic disease or that they're known for their longevity?

Also, an all meat diet might work for Inuits who eat natural meat and eat a variety of animal derived products, but it probably won't work out so hot for Americans who buy supermarket meat. Or the ones that read ORGANIC on the label and assume it must be healthy.

I'm not arguing for people to eat a diet according to what the Food Pyramid says or what the government says. I wholeheartedly believe that the traditional low fat diet is wrong. And I'm willing to believe that eating your way may have saved you a liver. But I'm not going to believe that it's the ideal way for the average person to eat when I we have plenty of examples to turn to that show that there are other easier and probably healthier ways to eat.

fruits vegetables and grains and even most beans are naturally low fat, its not bad advice to copy god's design, in no way is the advice from the government bad in anyway. dont take these general guidlines to seriously as well, you can still eat fat, just dont make it a large part of your diet.

I would suggest to learn and study a bit about vitamin a as retinol and its safety, please refer to the existing science, it may not all be perfect but its alot more accurate then basing your certainty off of some random person on this website. A little vitamin a as retinol is probably tolerable, i do not advise large amounts of it long term, it may interfere with the absorption and interactions with other vitamins that is usually the case when vitamins arent in balance with eachother, read about its relation to vitamin d. It may also have untold of consequences internally, where its effects are unobservable.

Thanks for agreeing that I'm not dead, lol!

I only mentioned their high vitamin A intake. I don't know about the rest of their diet, but I know they're not dropping dead of Vitamin A toxicity.

I'm not eating all meat, but most of what I do is grass-fed using organic standards- but it is more important to obtain the high nutrients than to avoid a little possible antibiotic/hormones. Good free-range eggs are the easiest to obtain for me because theirs many people around that sell them from their homes. Vegetables and some fruits are included as well.

That's ok. I used the site as a stepping stone into making my own conclusions and through research and experimentation found it to be the best diet. I haven't found any examples of healthier diets, but respect your opinion.

Edited by ryudoadema

I pretty much agree with everything you've said, Ryu.

I LOVE the Weston A. Price Foundation. That site, acne.org, and research I've done on the internet over the past 5 years has helped rid me of my acne. I'm more focussed on clearing up existing red marks now, which I consider to be the last chapter in a decade long battle that included depression, binge eating, introversion, and low self-esteem among others.

Acne has broken me, externally and internally. It's time to heal up and ENJOY life again.