Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chicago scar face

Initial Breakout question

My appointment to see a dermatologist is next week and ive decided to go on acctuane

my question is this is as follow from reading the accutane FAQ and clicked the link to the M.D student

MD student states: 'Many patients experience a moderate to severe flare of acne during the initial weeks of treatment. This adverse reaction can be minimized by starting at 10 to 20 mg twice each day and gradually increasing the dosage during the first 4 to 6 weeks."

Can anyone back this statement up with evidence? because i want to show it to my doctor. Medical studies would be best or your own experience

Thank you

My appointment to see a dermatologist is next week and ive decided to go on acctuane

my question is this is as follow from reading the accutane FAQ and clicked the link to the M.D student

MD student states: 'Many patients experience a moderate to severe flare of acne during the initial weeks of treatment. This adverse reaction can be minimized by starting at 10 to 20 mg twice each day and gradually increasing the dosage during the first 4 to 6 weeks."

Can anyone back this statement up with evidence? because i want to show it to my doctor. Medical studies would be best or your own experience

Thank you

i was on 20 mg a day for first 3 weeks but still i got a terrible IB in my week 2 or 3...

Oh thanks For your response

I went to my doctor today and he said he will start me at 40 mg so I'm expecting a IB but I asked can I have cortisone shots while on accutane so that is a plus. I am nervous for the treatment and initial breakout