Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mslily009

Anyone doing the acne.org regime?

Ok, I'm in no hurry to try this regime out, because I feel like it's exactly like Proactiv.

I HATE proactive (lol).

My skin was basically addicted to it and when I finally stopped using it my skin started getting worse and worse (it wasn't even bad before)

But, what I am really wondering is..

When you stopped using the acne.org regime did your skin freak out? did it ever get clear just on normal face washes? did it ever go back to normal? do you still break out?

did the regime clear you up completely?

EDIT:

when I said "normal" I meant blemish-free. :\

Edited by mslily009

Iv been doing the regimen on and off for a long time. Whenever i do it consistently for more than 1.5 months my face gets almost 100% clear. Once in a while i'll get a little pimple, rarely ill get a painful lump but on the regimen they never been red or inflamed (i could just feel it under my skin) and they go away pretty quickly. So i always get clear and then think "the grass is always greener" and try something else, and breakout, and go back to the regimen. Iv done that for a long time now, it is very depressing. But yea, my face never "freaks out" when i stop, it only slowly starts breaking out (my acne is moderate/severe with no treatment, and very light with the regimen, with some redmarks and scarring from previous bad acne). Its so amazingly different than proactive in so many ways, im not sure how you feel its so much like proactive. I would use Dan's products btw. I'm not a website advertiser or anyhting, but thats what iv used and i have had success. But yes, regimen is very effective, a little time consuming and annoying though. Def worth it for me

I stopped using the regimen last fall after doing it the enitre summer. Only reason was because it bleaches close when you sweat, and I played soccer so I couldn't have my uniform/ practice clothes being bleached. It did work for me, which is why I'm on it again.

When I stopped, I did not have a massive breakout, and my acne didn't become worse than it had been before the regimen. It just went back to how it was before.

The regimen will clear you up, but it's definitely not a cure for acne. It's topical so you'll have to continue doing it if you want consistently clear skin. After a while you can try weening yourself off it to see if your acne has gone, or just using lower amounts.

Def not like proactive. That stuff broke me out so badly within a few days, left some icepick scars. Now I realize that it was probably like violent purging, but they didn't mention that would happen so I freaked. DKR, for me at least, left me knowing what would happen, plus my purging is like small whiteheads and stuff.

Hope that helped!

Trust me, this regimen is NOT like Proactiv. There is only one medicated ingredient in this regimen, and a key emphasis while using this regimen is being incredibly gentle with your skin and reducing irritation. I've been on the Regimen for about 6 months and it's done wonders for my acne. I had a little hiccup a few months ago where for some reason (aka I was just being stupid) I went off it for a while, and while my skin didn't exactly freak out, it did break out. When I resumed it my acne cleared up quite quickly. I honestly believe that this is the best regimen out there for acne, and it's so different from Proactiv. Plus, I would 100% rather give my money to Dan and support his site than pay for Proactiv. Acne.org is an amazing thing and I believe that Dan is an honest, hard-working person with our best interests in mind. His products rock and are sold at prices that benefit the customer instead of the seller. I'm not affiliated with Acne.org at all and I still think that the products are the best available. The bottom line here is: the Regimen just works.

Acne.org is an amazing thing and I believe that Dan is an honest, hard-working person with our best interests in mind. His products rock and are sold at prices that benefit the customer instead of the seller.

I whole heartily agree!

And i'm just another common forum guy .__.

Iv been doing the regimen on and off for a long time. Whenever i do it consistently for more than 1.5 months my face gets almost 100% clear... But yes, regimen is very effective, a little time consuming and annoying though. Def worth it for me

Yeah, it looks time consuming :/

and I thought it seemed like Proactive because it had BP in it, which I am against (my face gets like addicted to it or something).

Trust me, this regimen is NOT like Proactiv. There is only one medicated ingredient in this regimen, and a key emphasis while using this regimen is being incredibly gentle with your skin and reducing irritation... The bottom line here is: the Regimen just works.

Cool to hear straight from two people it worked.

After I'm through with the product I'm using I'll try Dan's regime out.

why not.

When I stopped, I did not have a massive breakout, and my acne didn't become worse than it had been before the regimen. It just went back to how it was before.

The regimen will clear you up, but it's definitely not a cure for acne. It's topical so you'll have to continue doing it if you want consistently clear skin.

Ok, so it seems like any other face wash with BP in it. Acne comes back when you aren't medicating it. Weird about the bleaching clothes thing though, BP seems unnatural.

I whole heartily agree!

And i'm just another common forum guy .__.

Ok, no one's common.

Seems like a lot of people have tried this regime and had success.

..This guy must be a millionaire. =p

im at the beginning month of the DKR after coming off proactive and Maxclarity. I am beginning to think my skin cannot handle BP. Proactive never cured my acne but worked sometimes and i felt ok with that. when i switched to max clarity my skin became red and irritated. now i have cut out BP on dans regimen because my skin is soo bad. The BP just reddens it to a point where i feel like not going outside or in public, which isnt an option so i deal with looking like a tool. after years of fairly clear skin it seems like i am doing more and getting worse results.

Dans products seem good to me, i like the face wash and the moisturizer, but the BP in the face wash reddens my skin, and BP gel destroys it and no level of moisturizer is counteracting the redness.

i need to find an alternative if things dont clear up in the next month.

im at the beginning month of the DKR after coming off proactive and Maxclarity. I am beginning to think my skin cannot handle BP. Proactive never cured my acne but worked sometimes and i felt ok with that. when i switched to max clarity my skin became red and irritated. now i have cut out BP on dans regimen because my skin is soo bad. The BP just reddens it to a point where i feel like not going outside or in public, which isnt an option so i deal with looking like a tool. after years of fairly clear skin it seems like i am doing more and getting worse results.

Dans products seem good to me, i like the face wash and the moisturizer, but the BP in the face wash reddens my skin, and BP gel destroys it and no level of moisturizer is counteracting the redness.

i need to find an alternative if things dont clear up in the next month.

For the record, Dan's cleanser is non-medicated. There's no BP in it. ; )

I think Dan's regime has BP in it... one of the products does.

And if I do a regime I go all in.

So, I don't think I'll be doing his regime.

BigPhil I know what you mean about BP making you look all red and whatnot. It's so annoying. I think BP gave my skin some weird irreversible curse :(

I think Dan's regime has BP in it... one of the products does.

And if I do a regime I go all in.

So, I don't think I'll be doing his regime.

BigPhil I know what you mean about BP making you look all red and whatnot. It's so annoying. I think BP gave my skin some weird irreversible curse :(

Correct. The 'treatment' step of the Acne.org regimen is 2.5% BP. That's the only product in the Acne.org product line that contains BP.

I think this will help shed light on why the Regimen seems to work better for most people than Proactiv. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#proactiv

in that Q & A

it says that the toner is unneccessary.

But, when I used proactiv, that is the only step I liked/used/worked for me.

I really need to find a good toner.

I'm pretty sure I still have dirt on my face after I cleanse it.

& the toner helps.

Does acne.org regime not have a toner?

I think this will help shed light on why the Regimen seems to work better for most people than Proactiv. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#proactiv

in that Q & A

it says that the toner is unneccessary.

But, when I used proactiv, that is the only step I liked/used/worked for me.

I really need to find a good toner.

I'm pretty sure I still have dirt on my face after I cleanse it.

& the toner helps.

Does acne.org regime not have a toner?

Nope, there's no Acne.org toner. You can find information on all the Acne.org products here.

I've been on Dan's regimen for a few monthes now...and I'm 80% clear now....I've used Proactive, Murad etc.....seen doctors and nothing worked....

Dan's regimen actually works....I rarely get a pimple and if I do its not the painful ugly cysts....its not a cure....if I stop using it I will breakout....it controls my acne....I'm more confident and life revolves less around my face....

its the best acne product for my skin.....

I've been using DKR for about 6 months now.

What can I say? When used correctly, according to the instructions and with some intelligent thinking, this product series is simply the best. No way around it. It is simple, effective and cheap.

The only thing that gripes me is that now that the sun's shining hot in my country, I can't use BP because it leaves my skin a tad too exposed to the sun. I noticed this just the other day. After applying BP and letting it dry for 15 mins, I noticed horrible streaks of red all around my face, like sunburns. They go away after 20 mins or so, but are highly inconvenient. Guess I'll stop using BP and just wash & moisturize for several weeks.

Fooling around with SPFs and stuff just doesn't seem to be my thing, especially since I have absolutely no clue on what product I should use, and I don't feel like experimenting. On-the spot AHA+ should be able to trap the emerging whiteheads so my condition doesn't get worse. Will see how it goes =)

I agree with a lot of what people are saying about Dan's regimen. It works as long as you stick closely to it the first few months and then you stick *fairly* close to it after that. I also agree that it's too bad it's only topical and if you stop and your acne hasn't cleared internally it'll come back - and in my experience maybe a bit worse in the initial breakout after stopping - but that will be the case with anything you use - antibiotics, accutane, proactive, birth control pills, other medicated washes/creams etc. I find it does take a bit more time than I'd like, but not that much out of the ordinary from what I'd probably be doing anyway even if I didn't have acne -- I'd always be washing morning and night and maybe not moisturizing at night, but definitely in the morning, and using SPF. I think eventually I'll use less and less and see what happens...but very, very gradually.

If you're looking for something that works I'd say it's the regimen. Good luck!