Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The school lunch serves apples, oranges, bananas, and grapes. What's the best choice for someone with acne? What order would you put them in from best for acne to least?

That depends.

All fruits contain fiber and some level of anti-oxidants along with vitamins and minerals - all of which are important for clear skin. If you aren't super sensitive to certain fruits, then any will do.

However, there are a lot of people with citrus allergies or sensitivities in which the oranges may cause skin problems. Some people also struggle with bananas because of their sugar ratios. Even apples or grapes could cause insulin spikes and cause problems if you have a strong insulin insensitivity.

I, personally, eat those particular fruits all of the time - oranges aside because I'm too lazy to peel. None of them cause me problems and when I started eating the way that I am, none of them really seemed to have benefit over the others.

I'd say just switch up your lunch on a daily basis. Get one fruit one day and another fruit the other. Just make sure to pay attention to how your skin reacts.