Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, I've been on accutane for like 6 or seven months (can't really think of how long, you lose track after awhile) but anyway I really haven't found a way to get rid of dry lips. My derm gave me some flucinocide ointment that I use every day but it still doesn't work. Any ideas on how to get them better? Thank you in advance.

Get a lip exfoliant and use it every other day. how often do you apply topicals? I would be slathering stuff on anytime you aren't eating. Good luck and keep us posted!!

The dryness won't go away until after you stop the accutane, so your lips won't get better from any topicals you use. Having said that, carmex works wonders in keeping the dryness at bay. Make sure you apply often (like every couple of hours or after you eat/drink), ie don't let your lips be without some sort of balm on them. Good luck!

My son's dermatologist told him to take vitamin E supplements to alleviate lip dryness while taking accutane. I seem to recall that it helped quite a bit.

Sugar by Fresh................BEST stuff I've used yet. My lips were so bad they were peeling. It's pricey, but worth it.

bek_cogent

how do you like the Fresh facial scrub? are you on accutane now? exfoliating doesnt irritate you? I have an "in" at Fresh :)