Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am so depressed. My face has gotten so bad. It got al ittle bit clearer from the retin-a but within minutes of writing in my log, it broke out again. I dont want to go out, I dont want to see my friends, I cant go out of my house without an load of makeup on bc my skin is so gross. I am worried I will look horrible at my own wedding, and I am ashamed of my face. I hate that people think you never shower or whatnot bc I have acne, or that i am dirty bc I have acne. I just want to be clear, and I just want to feel confident and beautiful again. i am just so ugly. at least I feel so.

I am so depressed. My face has gotten so bad. It got al ittle bit clearer from the retin-a but within minutes of writing in my log, it broke out again. I dont want to go out, I dont want to see my friends, I cant go out of my house without an load of makeup on bc my skin is so gross. I am worried I will look horrible at my own wedding, and I am ashamed of my face. I hate that people think you never shower or whatnot bc I have acne, or that i am dirty bc I have acne. I just want to be clear, and I just want to feel confident and beautiful again. i am just so ugly. at least I feel so.

welcome to the club...im 16 and just recently had a nasty breakout......having been to school in 2 weeks because the pain is so bad....even my face is swollen...but im going to the hospital today because that is not normal....i feel your pain..i also feel like a monster

I am so so sorry. I know what you are feeling. I'd like to think that we are past the acne=dirty phase. That dates back to the Victorian era and probably before. It was complete propaganda. Anyway besides that, I am sure you are beautiful. Today is not your happiest day- me either. But we have to try and remember to think of our raw assets and be thankful for those. I really hope this is just a rebel break out for you. Best of wishes.

I am so so sorry. I know what you are feeling. I'd like to think that we are past the acne=dirty phase. That dates back to the Victorian era and probably before. It was complete propaganda. Anyway besides that, I am sure you are beautiful. Today is not your happiest day- me either. But we have to try and remember to think of our raw assets and be thankful for those. I really hope this is just a rebel break out for you. Best of wishes.

haha yeah ...i use to think i was good looking not anymore....my face looks like a disaster....im planning on getting homeschool...because the pain and feeling of people making fun of me is just to much to handle....and thanks alot for the support ...to get through this in life all of us acne sufferes have to stick together.,..and give each other word of encouragementt....i hope you get better really soon :dance:

thanks, I just feel so nasty. and it doesnt help that if I dont wear makeup everyone stares at my face, and wont even pay attention to the rest of me. I feel like they are staring at my pimples, I am 23 years old and have been dealing with acne for so long now. I just want it over. I dont feel beautiful at all.

I too feel your pain......I often think why me? Why did acne have to choose me? I hope that this site will at least help me emotionally deal with acne, if not give me some ideas as to how to manage it. People always say that beauty is skin deep and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....but I often wonder. Who actually looks past your face to get to know the "real" person inside? I wish people would actually take the time to at least find out the "true" facts behind acne and that it is not a matter of the person being unclean..I am probably the cleanest person in the world, especially when it come to my skin.....it still doesn't change the fact that I have acne. Have you tried the new Epiduo? It has controlled my breakouts a bit, but I still have permanent scarring from years of having acne. Welcome to the site!

I too feel your pain......I often think why me? Why did acne have to choose me? I hope that this site will at least help me emotionally deal with acne, if not give me some ideas as to how to manage it. People always say that beauty is skin deep and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....but I often wonder. Who actually looks past your face to get to know the "real" person inside? I wish people would actually take the time to at least find out the "true" facts behind acne and that it is not a matter of the person being unclean..I am probably the cleanest person in the world, especially when it come to my skin.....it still doesn't change the fact that I have acne. Have you tried the new Epiduo? It has controlled my breakouts a bit, but I still have permanent scarring from years of having acne. Welcome to the site!

Yeah I wonder why people cant just see me for who I am and that I am not my acne. but they just cant seem to stop staring rudely and making me feel like shit. I am a really clean person I take 2 baths a day, and i wash my face twice a day. I would love to try epiduo, but since my insurance wont cover derm appts, I only see an regular doc and she prescribed me nasty retin-a that seems to be making it worse. : (

Yeah I wonder why people cant just see me for who I am and that I am not my acne. but they just cant seem to stop staring rudely and making me feel like shit. I am a really clean person I take 2 baths a day, and i wash my face twice a day. I would love to try epiduo, but since my insurance wont cover derm appts, I only see an regular doc and she prescribed me nasty retin-a that seems to be making it worse. : (