Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
californiaEstie

Does anyone ever feel too depressed to go to school?

Sometimes I wake up and look at my face and think it'll be a cold day in hell if I leave the house that day. :/ This isn't helpful to my life. I need to go to school. I need to get good grades. I can't be screwing up because of this. But omg, the act of slathering on makeup can get SO TIRING. Does anyone know what I mean? Sometimes I just can't even attempt to look presentable.

Sometimes I wake up and look at my face and think it'll be a cold day in hell if I leave the house that day. :/ This isn't helpful to my life. I need to go to school. I need to get good grades. I can't be screwing up because of this. But omg, the act of slathering on makeup can get SO TIRING. Does anyone know what I mean? Sometimes I just can't even attempt to look presentable.

everyday i wake up hoping for my face to look better so i can go to school ..but it never happens....and i cant wear make up beat that

i used to feel the same about school AND work. id never miss much school, i just got on with it (and lived a life of misery). but as i got older, in fact the older the worse it is - by worse i dont mean condition of the skin but i mean feeling bad about it. if i get so much as 1 little mark i feel embarrased and cant even look at anyone in the face, i honestly cant even remember how i used to function before, i think i took a lot of time off... absolutely NOT the way to go about it, but i had no one at the time to turn to. if this forum existed years ago i'd have been able to handle it much better

as a girl, at least if you move to an arab country you can wear a full covered face cloth so no one can see. you can wear it to school, work, shopping, etc. for guys, we're basically fvcked lol

i hope you both get better soon and can sort out your skin, i know how much it hurts when i was in that place. but one day you will be ok. i thought i'd never get rid of it but at 25 i finally have. be confident if you can, it'll make all the difference.

also, there was a point when i was about 19 that i had done a course of acutain and had perfect skin for about a year, and the girl i really liked and was seeing at the time had bad skin probably worse than yours. but honestly, it doesnt matter anywhere near as much as you think people think. before i got rid of it, i didnt even attempt to go for a girl, i thought no girl in the entire world would be interested, so i kept well clear. soon as i got better i got all my confidence, had a gf who just purely by coinsidence had acne and was trying to get rid of it. i honestly couldnt care less about her skin she was so pretty and such a nice body and most importantly such a great girl, played guitar too. so very attractive. skin is really low on the list! so a lot of it is in our heads, i say our because its mine too. if i get one mark on my face i revert back to my old ways of avoiding any girl, will cancel dates, etc etc. messed up in the head lol

Edited by Grind

i used to feel the same about school AND work. id never miss much school, i just got on with it (and lived a life of misery). but as i got older, in fact the older the worse it is - by worse i dont mean condition of the skin but i mean feeling bad about it. if i get so much as 1 little mark i feel embarrased and cant even look at anyone in the face, i honestly cant even remember how i used to function before, i think i took a lot of time off... absolutely NOT the way to go about it, but i had no one at the time to turn to. if this forum existed years ago i'd have been able to handle it much better

as a girl, at least if you move to an arab country you can wear a full covered face cloth so no one can see. you can wear it to school, work, shopping, etc. for guys, we're basically fvcked lol

i hope you both get better soon and can sort out your skin, i know how much it hurts when i was in that place. but one day you will be ok. i thought i'd never get rid of it but at 25 i finally have. be confident if you can, it'll make all the difference.

Oh god, work is terrible too. I'm in a customer service job and I feel so paranoid that people think I am hideous because of my skin!! I know it's not the right thing to do. It doesn't even feel like the right thing but I just can't go sometimes! Haha that is so true. I feel like I need to move to an Arab country! So all the perverted media ads and movies etc won't bother me either. Thank you for your response :)

And I am so happy for you that you defeated it!! That is so awesome!! I will work on my confidence!

Yeah when i went on retin-a my face broke out like crazy, that was first time i ended up skipping classes after looking at my face in the mirror. And I used retin a for 3months waiting for it to work so i skipped quite alot in that time lol.. It never really got better on retin a, so finally went on accutane. Thankfully accutane worked, i just hope it doesnt come back now that i'm off. I still got to deal with scars though, but i dont got any depression about going to school anymore.

Yeah when i went on retin-a my face broke out like crazy, that was first time i ended up skipping classes after looking at my face in the mirror. And I used retin a for 3months waiting for it to work so i skipped quite alot in that time lol.. It never really got better on retin a, so finally went on accutane. Thankfully accutane worked, i just hope it doesnt come back now that i'm off. I still got to deal with scars though, but i dont got any depression about going to school anymore.

Yikes!! Haha everyone here seems to pretty much love Accutane. It's so tempting!! Do you think my acne warrants a try of it?

Your acne is very mild, mine is much worse and I have not considered accutane seriously . The side-effects are just too damaging.

Your acne is very mild, mine is much worse and I have not considered accutane seriously . The side-effects are just too damaging.

So I've heard okay. One of my friend's cousins is on it and she's turned into a raging monster. Of course she had tendencies to begin with ... but eek

Yeah i looked at your pics and your acne is mild. I really dont get why it makes you so insecure, like have people actually mentioned stuff, or is it just a personal thing? I cant imagine you getting many comments, since your type of acne is extremely common so pretty much goes unnoticed. So yeah i would exhaust all your other options first, only then would i consider accutane. Since accutane is used for severe acne or persistent acne not responsive to other treatments. So you'll have to try other stuff before you find out if yours is the latter.

On the side effect front, I personally didnt experienced anything major. Just the standard dryness and tiredness. Most people would atleast towards the end feel too lazy to rage :P And the IB was mild compared with my retin-a one.

Edited by brandish

Yeah i looked at your pics and your acne is mild. I really dont get why it makes you so insecure, like have people actually mentioned stuff, or is it just a personal thing? I cant imagine you getting many comments, since your type of acne is extremely common so pretty much goes unnoticed. So yeah i would exhaust all your other options first, only then would i consider accutane. Since accutane is used for severe acne or persistent acne not responsive to other treatments. So you'll have to try other stuff before you find out if yours is the latter.

I have no idea. I just feel like everyone is looking at it! I think partly it's just being a girl. I feel I'm under pressure to be perfect all the time and since I never am- problems. And yes, people have commented. A lot of my friends in HS never had acne so I felt like the odd one out. and just ugly.

Hah, I take school via correspondence so taht I don't have to worry about going to school every day.

Hah, I take school via correspondence so taht I don't have to worry about going to school every day.

hey how do i take school via correspondence

I have no idea, seeing as I have no idea where you live. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. So there are almost a dozen correspondence schools. Luckily, one is free - so my mother liked not paying $130 a year in school fees. Just keep the internet up and I'm good to go! (so long as I don't be lazy)

I have no idea, seeing as I have no idea where you live. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. So there are almost a dozen correspondence schools. Luckily, one is free - so my mother liked not paying $130 a year in school fees. Just keep the internet up and I'm good to go! (so long as I don't be lazy)

i live in pannzylvania usa....i want to take those classes ..because there is no way in hell im returning to schoool with my hideous face...im 1000 percent sure...people are going to comment on it ...

i live in pannzylvania usa....i want to take those classes ..because there is no way in hell im returning to schoool with my hideous face...im 1000 percent sure...people are going to comment on it ...

I know. Kids are so mean. I hated going to school and always being made fun of and people would shout at me odd things like "buy some Oxy you greaser". If only they knew how hard it actually is being for me to get clear. =[

Well just try google searching correspondence high school in your city or state then. I'm sure you can find something. Maybe not totally free like my school, but hopefully something that works. If not, just drop out and go get your GED in a few years. hahaha jk

I know. Kids are so mean. I hated going to school and always being made fun of and people would shout at me odd things like "buy some Oxy you greaser". If only they knew how hard it actually is being for me to get clear. =[

Well just try google searching correspondence high school in your city or state then. I'm sure you can find something. Maybe not totally free like my school, but hopefully something that works. If not, just drop out and go get your GED in a few years. hahaha jk

haha thnaks no im not dropping out i rather ...do it from home

Exactly. I hated physical schools. Plus with correspondence, you can work, where when and how you want.

Exactly. I hated physical schools. Plus with correspondence, you can work, where when and how you want.

yeah what grade are you in

yeah what grade are you in

I'm in grade 11 man. That's the good thing about correspondence though - I'm taking grade 10, 11, and 12 courses! ;)

you can do that with the degrees too. i'm going to do a masters in september in a UK university, but because i work abroad i can do it 'distance learning', all online and take the tests in the british embassy. so technically i dont see why one can't do a 'distance learning' degree within the UK as well. that way you dont ever have to see anybody :D wish i had done that the first time round, so much better than attending classes and having to do 'group work', bah.

Oh god, work is terrible too. I'm in a customer service job and I feel so paranoid that people think I am hideous because of my skin!! I know it's not the right thing to do. It doesn't even feel like the right thing but I just can't go sometimes! Haha that is so true. I feel like I need to move to an Arab country! So all the perverted media ads and movies etc won't bother me either. Thank you for your response :)

And I am so happy for you that you defeated it!! That is so awesome!! I will work on my confidence!

you can do that with the degrees too. i'm going to do a masters in september in a UK university, but because i work abroad i can do it 'distance learning', all online and take the tests in the british embassy. so technically i dont see why one can't do a 'distance learning' degree within the UK as well. that way you dont ever have to see anybody :D wish i had done that the first time round, so much better than attending classes and having to do 'group work', bah.

i defeated it to a certain point, since (almost) coming off the doxy and getting back on the protein shakes (which contain whey), i get the odd pimple so its not gone forever. but no where near as bad as it once was back in the day.

customer service, i remember the days. when i was 16 i used to work in a large garden department store on the checkout, and at least once a day i'd get a comment either from a crazy person or from an old person.. or sometimes the occasional pr1ck. was a nightmare. it doesn't build character either, it destroys it.

although mine was 10 times worse than yours at that time, actually that's the wrong way to phrase it, yours isn't bad at all. plus you're an absolutely stunning girl, very very attractive - so if you get any looks its because they are probably jealous of your figure, your eyes and your cheek bones.

Wow I am extremely flattered~~ Thank you so much!! :) Wow. hahaha I am not a big fan of group work either. Unless the people are really funny or something and honestly who has the time to try and be funny at school? lol. Those prix!! I'll kick em in the face for you. :/ That sucks. <3