Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
californiaEstie

I don't eat vegetables.

I really don't EVER eat vegetables. I know I should be doing something else, but I don't know what!! Any insight here? I probably won't eat veggies anytime soon... so besides that. Thank you :)

This isn't a complete substitute for vegetables but trying adding liquid chlorophyll or wheatgrass to your diet. I'm getting some liquid chlorophyll tomorrow and I am excited :D

try taking vegetables and liquefying them in a blender. Hold your nose and chug it down. You won't taste it and you can get all the benefits.

I'm assuming here you don't eat them for taste here.

This isn't a complete substitute for vegetables but trying adding liquid chlorophyll or wheatgrass to your diet. I'm getting some liquid chlorophyll tomorrow and I am excited :D

what does liquid chlorophyll suppose to help with? i understand that its in plants but its just a pigment that plants use to capture light energy etc.

You do realize peas aren't a vegetable, right?

If you won't eat veggies anytime soon, then what's the point of giving you suggestions?

You do realize peas aren't a vegetable, right?

If you won't eat veggies anytime soon, then what's the point of giving you suggestions?

Okay, peas are not a vegetable.

You don't have to. And I am looking for people who know some good supplements to my diet.

Oooh let let me know how it goes!! :)

check out green vibrance - sold in health food stores and some vitamin stores. And once you find green vibrance, if it is too pricey just look at the other 'greens' supplements in the same section. I like green vibrance because it has probiotics, but there are some without that are cheaper. Mix it into some kind of juice ( i like apple juice) and chug it down! its not too bad with juice...

check out green vibrance - sold in health food stores and some vitamin stores. And once you find green vibrance, if it is too pricey just look at the other 'greens' supplements in the same section. I like green vibrance because it has probiotics, but there are some without that are cheaper. Mix it into some kind of juice ( i like apple juice) and chug it down! its not too bad with juice...

Thank you!! What I'm looking for :)

Sounds promising. Haha who doesn't want to be vibrant?!

PS - "A pea is most commonly the small spherical seed or the seed-pod of the legume Pisum sativum. Each pod contains several peas. Although it is botanically a fruit, it is treated as a vegetable in cooking."

Edited by bek_cogent

Here it is again. People looking for an easy way out with "supplements".

Let me say, you will NEVER achieve the level of optimal health that you would with a diet rich in a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. The fact of the matter is, humans evolved with a degree of reliance on a wide variety of plant foods. To not consume any is certainly depriving your body to a large extent.

This;

I really don't EVER eat vegetables. I probably won't eat veggies anytime soon...

Here it is again. People looking for an easy way out with "supplements".

Let me say, you will NEVER achieve the level of optimal health that you would with a diet rich in a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. The fact of the matter is, humans evolved with a degree of reliance on a wide variety of plant foods. To not consume any is certainly depriving your body to a large extent.

This;

I really don't EVER eat vegetables. I probably won't eat veggies anytime soon...

Plus this:

I'm facing a dilemma. I eat these things as my main diet:

-oatmeal

-pizza

-cereal

-milk

-pasta

-sandwiches

-fruit sometimes

-some soda at restaurants

-cheese sticks

-etc etc.

Equals: Don't even bother trying to clear your acne or boost your health until you are willing and ready to make necessary lifestyle changes.

That is all.

Thank you for gracing us with your presence.

If it's because vegetables taste THAT bad to you, that you won't even eat them..maybe you need to try new veggies? What vegetables have you eaten before? How where they prepared? You know, if you cook them a certain way or add something to them they taste loads better. All vegetables taste different, it's too hard to believe you hate them all..

If it's because vegetables taste THAT bad to you, that you won't even eat them..maybe you need to try new veggies? What vegetables have you eaten before? How where they prepared? You know, if you cook them a certain way or add something to them they taste loads better. All vegetables taste different, it's too hard to believe you hate them all..

Eek idk I have seriously hated them since day one. I'm an extremely picky eater. And to all of you- yes, I know how immature it is- doesn't change the fact.

-Broccoli. Ew

-Green Beans. Meh

-Artichoke. Yuk

-Salad/greens. Tastes like frog skin slithering down my throat

-Brussel sprouts. Kill me.

ETC ETC lol

What kind do you like ? And how do you eat them?

ARe you talking about plain boiled veggies? Crap from a can? Because I don't eat that canned crap either and there are only a few that are good plain and boiled and really those are better steamed, sauteed, etc. But I love veggies and eat tons. Have you tried sauteing with lots of garlic, herbs and spices? Grilled? Stir fry? Curry? Soup?

Edited by alternativista

I'm not a fan of green beans either but I enjoy most vegetables. The kinds I'd say I eat most are broccoli, spinach, zucchini, squash, celery, carrots, cucumber and peppers. Do you not like zucchini squash or peppers? I like red peppers the best. Usually if I'm not eating them raw I steam them and add olive oil and herbs as a dressing. I eat that everyday. Not many things can I eat everyday without getting tired of it but veggies with olive oil is not one of them :3 I also love asparagus. I bet if you grilled some zucchini slices you'd love it. I can't imagine you not, it tastes so amazing. Also having celery with peanut butter (if it's not an acne trigger for you) is good, or raw veggies like celery, carrots, and peppers with hummus or a veggie dip is a really good snack.

Thank you!! Omg, some of that actually sounds good haha and if you knew me you would know what a mirAAAAAAcle that is!!! Thanks :) The oil and grilling sounds like something I might enjoy. Yum?!

But he's right.

I'm not saying he is wrong. But it's my choice whether to eat vegetables or not right now. And I'm not. The point of this post is to help me find other things or like some people have kindly suggested- new ways to cook them. I am not claiming that anything suggested replaces a balanced diet. So the seriousness isn't alllll that called for. You know?

But he's right.

I'm not saying he is wrong. But it's my choice whether to eat vegetables or not right now. And I'm not. The point of this post is to help me find other things or like some people have kindly suggested- new ways to cook them. I am not claiming that anything suggested replaces a balanced diet. So the seriousness isn't alllll that called for. You know?

but its still bad you know... you will probably die in your mid 30's without veggies! and before that your'e gonna get obese, get diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure, and god know what else. lol jk. but yeah veggies are necessary. you don't even like carrots? I like to dice all kinds of veggies (sometimes even lettuce up in chicken soup/

But he's right.

but its still bad you know... you will probably die in your mid 30's without veggies! and before that your'e gonna get obese, get diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure, and god know what else. lol jk. but yeah veggies are necessary. you don't even like carrots? I like to dice all kinds of veggies (sometimes even lettuce up in chicken soup/

carrots are my mortal enemy :(

I guess I should start trying different things again. But honestly, I have been this way since like age 6. Old habits die hard!! but I def. don't wanna be obese : /

honestly, you're not going to get obese by not eating vegetables. You will if you eat too much.

overall health is a completely different matter. For that, you need those plant foods.

Grow up princess. Sometimes you have to eat what your body needs, not because you want to stimulate your taste buds. Food is fuel.

So you are not eating veggies because you think they dont taste good. I have a question: how much veggies did you eat as an infant. You may just never got used to the taste... If you eat something for a few weeks it will start tasting normal after that maybe good. Not eating veggies leads to sirious deficincies and serious consequenses. For example vitamin K only found in veggies, kiwi and advocado. Vitamin K defincicys will lead if serious enough to :

Symptoms of deficiency include heavy menstrual bleeding in women, anemia, bruising, and bleeding of the gums or nose.

Osteoporosis and coronary heart disease are strongly associated with lower levels of K2 (menaquinone). Menaquinone is not inhibited by salicylates as happens with K1, so menaquinone supplementation can alleviate the chronic vitamin K deficiency caused by long term aspirin use.

Edited by joris