Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jessasaurusrex

My Quest For Clear Skin

A Final Battle, In A Slowly Dying War

Let me introduce myself. I'm Jessica and this is my story. I've suffered from acne since 7th grade, I'm now at the end of 10th grade. I've tried almost every over the counter brand I could get my hands on. Clean & Clear, Aveeno, Neutrogena, & etc. I've tried numerous home remedies such as baking soda, honey, egg masks, almost everything. As of yesterday I was looking through the reviews and I found that calamine lotion seems to have very high ratings, so today I asked my dad to take me to the store and buy me some. I also purchased some coconut oil, I bought it because it contains lauric acid which is found in breast milk. So I decided to add them to my newly reformed regimen. Here is my new regimen.

Morning:

Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub With AC Vinegar

Washed Off With Salt Water

Night:

Coconut Oil Applied An Half Hour Before Shower

Washed Off With Plain Water

Then Caladryl Clear Calamine Lotion

The Current Condition Of My Skin:

About seven red pimples on my forehead one of which I popped this morning. None on my nose oddly enough. I have two on my left cheek and four on my right. I also have one that I popped this morning under my nose.

Supplements:

2 Vegetable Capsules After Dinner

2 Tumeric Capsules After Dinner

And 1 One A Day Teen Advantage Vitamin After Dinner

Edited by Jessasaurusrex

Let me introduce myself. I'm Jessica and this is my story. I've suffered from acne since 7th grade, I'm now at the end of 10th grade. I've tried almost every over the counter brand I could get my hands on. Clean & Clear, Aveeno, Neutrogena, & etc. I've tried numerous home remedies such as baking soda, honey, egg masks, almost everything. As of yesterday I was looking through the reviews and I found that calamine lotion seems to have very high ratings, so today I asked my dad to take me to the store and buy me some. I also purchased some coconut oil, I bought it because it contains lauric acid which is found in breast milk. So I decided to add them to my newly reformed regimen. Here is my new regimen.

Morning:

Washed Off With Salt Water

Night:

Coconut Oil Applied An Half Hour Before Shower

Washed Off With Plain Water

Then Caladryl Clear Calamine Lotion

The Current Condition Of My Skin:

About seven red pimples on my forehead one of which I popped this morning. None on my nose oddly enough. I have two on my left cheek and four on my right. I also have one that I popped this morning under my nose.

Supplements:

2 Vegetable Capsules After Dinner

2 Tumeric Capsules After Dinner

And 1 One A Day Teen Advantage Vitamin After Dinner

you should consider dans regimen

Day 1

Well I just put the coconut oil on my face for the first time, it feels kind of strange it's oily but not in a bad way. I really hope this works, if not I've decided I'm going to try the water only regimen because of all the positive results I've read about. Also I've been following the acnescript thread & I'm really interested in all the amazing results people seem to be getting. Once they get their free samples back I'm definitely going to be ordering one. Well I'm going to let this oil sit on my face for a little bit longer then I'm going to shower, I hope this oil doesn't feel weird when I wash it off.

Day 1

Well I just put the coconut oil on my face for the first time, it feels kind of strange it's oily but not in a bad way. I really hope this works, if not I've decided I'm going to try the water only regimen because of all the positive results I've read about. Also I've been following the acnescript thread & I'm really interested in all the amazing results people seem to be getting. Once they get their free samples back I'm definitely going to be ordering one. Well I'm going to let this oil sit on my face for a little bit longer then I'm going to shower, I hope this oil doesn't feel weird when I wash it off.

you know that evrything has chemicals right people have the miss concemption that if they use somethig natural it wont have chemicals sometmes even the same amount just saying

@acnevsme- BP makes my skin disgusting and it doesn't help me at all, I know almost everything has chemicals in it but still using something natural is better in the long run.

@Laurie- Thanks! : ) & I just dump it in my hand and mix it in with my scrub.

Edited by Jessasaurusrex

Day 2

Well right now I'm sitting at my computer with coconut oil on my face. this morning I woke up and I thought my nose broke out, I took a closer look and saw that I was wrong. I had two small new pimples emerge which should be gone in a day or two. I also had another pimple emerge but it was there before I started my new regimen. I still have that pesky scab on the side of my face and my forehead looks nasty. My forehead should clear up real soon, well at least I hope so. Other than all those stupid pimples my skin itself actually looked better today, I may be delusional but I have seen an improvement.

Day 2

Well right now I'm sitting at my computer with coconut oil on my face. this morning I woke up and I thought my nose broke out, I took a closer look and saw that I was wrong. I had two small new pimples emerge which should be gone in a day or two. I also had another pimple emerge but it was there before I started my new regimen. I still have that pesky scab on the side of my face and my forehead looks nasty. My forehead should clear up real soon, well at least I hope so. Other than all those stupid pimples my skin itself actually looked better today, I may be delusional but I have seen an improvement.

hey i dont think pensivannia is a shitty place..i live there....what city you live in?

Day 3

So my skin is definitely getting better, I figured out last night that I have to avoid putting coconut oil on my nose because my nose is extremely oily and sensitive. My skin in general looks a lot smoother and just healthier in general. I'm kind of surprised by the results seeing that my coconut oil is refined and not extra virgin or even virgin. I was really expecting it to clog up my face really bad. Well I'm definitely happy with the results. My acne wasn't even all that bad, but my red marks are. I think I'm going to buy some lemon juice at the store, it has great reviews so I'm going to try it out. Do you guys think I should buy lemons or just lemon juice in a bottle?

Day 4

So every night I've been asking my mom to see if she sees and improvement in my skin, last night when I asked her she was shocked. She said it looked really good. So I guess that proves that I'm not imagining the improvements. The pimples the appeared on my nose when I put on the coconut oil are slowly disappearing, there still a little red but definitely better. I found one small new pimple on my face this morning, but I'm pretty sure it was caused by the fact that i insisted on eating pizza for lunch. So, so far so good. I'm really excited this is working so well.

Day 5

my skin is looking pretty good, today I decided to add coconut oil to my coffee to get rid of it faster so I can get extra virgin coconut oil and to help fight my acne from the inside as well. My nose keeps breaking out & it's making me angry. I'm going to slap some calamine on it tonight hopefully it will help. well i'm going to get this greasy stuff off my face now. : p

Hey Girlfriend

Coconut oil is GREAT for the skin. I have severe acne. The things that have helped my skin are NOT washing with anything harsh, actually I only wash with water or Jojoba oil. I use a generous amount of coconut oil, honey, and Apple Cider Vinegar on my skin. So my "regimen" looks liket this:

ACV toner

Generous amounts of coconut oil

Honey on spots.

Works like a charm. :)

Hey Girlfriend

Coconut oil is GREAT for the skin. I have severe acne. The things that have helped my skin are NOT washing with anything harsh, actually I only wash with water or Jojoba oil. I use a generous amount of coconut oil, honey, and Apple Cider Vinegar on my skin. So my "regimen" looks liket this:

ACV toner

Honey on spots.

What kind of honey do you use?? I have heard many people say honey is great...but I work in a heath food store with like 15 different types of honey. I have no idea which one I should be using!!

Hey Girlfriend

ACV toner

Honey on spots.

What kind of honey do you use?? I have heard many people say honey is great...but I work in a heath food store with like 15 different types of honey. I have no idea which one I should be using!!

I just ordered Manuka honey offline. It has more enzymes and is used specifically for healing. Got it off Amazon, it took only two days to get here.

If you can't get that, just get anything organic, or go to your local farmer's market and purchase there.

Hows your skin doing?