Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NodFlenders

Washing with just water?

So I'm about 9 weeks into my accutane course and while my skin doesn't really get all that dry, my face doesn't really feel or look like it needs washing twice a day. I usually use simple soap (Derm suggested it) and cetaphil morning and night.

Should I wash and moisturise at night and just wash with water in the morning or continue with my current regime?

I find that any kind of face cleanser makes me break out pretty badly - so I always wash with just water. You need to find what suits you :)

I've been washing with water only for the last half of my course. I've maybe had 1 or 2 spots in the past 2 months.

I am 2 days away from completing my 4 month course at 80/mg a day. I weigh around 175 lbs. I moisturize at night.

I had a small IB the first few weeks, then a few spots the last 3 months. I'm fully clear right, but my face is really red. I'm happy with everything except the indentations that I hope can be corrected in about 6 months. I should have started Accutane about 8 years ago.