Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys,

I know this post probably isn't in the right place but does anyone know how to go about finding a private dermatologist in the UK, particularly Scotland?

I was on roaccutane 2 years ago and have recently started breaking out again, my doctor wont refer me to the derm at the hospital because he say's my face isn't bad enough yet. Personally I would rather try and get it sorted before it gets as bad as it was again.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks xxxx

Maybe google for any private hospitals near you and contact them direct. Incidentally, some NHS dermatologists also run private clinics on the side in private hospitals, so you might want to try contacting them direct.

Talk to your local GP and ask to be referred to a private dermatologist - Just to talk things through, or ask the GP for a contact - then you can do it yourself. I've been fortunate enough to find a really great one in Oxford, really excellent service. I don't blame you for going private, so much better, I always find! :)