Jump to content
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

I know this post probably isn't in the right place but does anyone know how to go about finding a private dermatologist in the UK, particularly Scotland?

I was on roaccutane 2 years ago and have recently started breaking out again, my doctor wont refer me to the derm at the hospital because he say's my face isn't bad enough yet. Personally I would rather try and get it sorted before it gets as bad as it was again.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks xxxx

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe google for any private hospitals near you and contact them direct. Incidentally, some NHS dermatologists also run private clinics on the side in private hospitals, so you might want to try contacting them direct.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk to your local GP and ask to be referred to a private dermatologist - Just to talk things through, or ask the GP for a contact - then you can do it yourself. I've been fortunate enough to find a really great one in Oxford, really excellent service. I don't blame you for going private, so much better, I always find! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes