Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Timko92

Do you ever feel like you need to move away?

So I had severe acne since 9th grade up to now, which is 12th grade. Im on a high dose of accutane and a month in im seeing results.

Anyway, obviously once my acne is gone, I want to start over with a clean slate. However this seems hard to do when I'm still living in the same place because everywhere I look I'm reminded of the bad memories and dreams and wishes that never came true becsue of acne (kinda sounded emo lol)

So is anyone in the same boat where they feel like unless they move to a new place they won't be able to move on?

wow

I actually have been thinking about this a lot and feel the same way you do....It just seems easier to be like a whole new person and no one know who you are or who i was at least. Before acne i was a totally different person , And i can say this horrible experience may have made me wiser and maybe even a stronger person...But i'm never going to be who i was before and that's kind of hard, Especially reconnecting with the friends i grew up with...It's hard for them to understand what's going on in my mind and why i've done what i've done.

But then there's a whole other side to this...I love my city...I love my friends whom i grew up with...Right when i got severe acne i moved not to long after and was pretty much out of contact with my friends...Other than speaking over the phone very rarely it was 3 years since i saw them...In those 3 years they could have gave 2 shits about where i was and what happened to me, But they didn't....They tried googling me , searching for me on social websites and all other stuff. Until one day not even 2 months ago one of these fools found me and was banging on my door lol...How can i give up on that ? Riding around in the car talking wanting to buy me food , Weed (shh!) and anything else i want...Man

So yea...I have a decision to make...Sorry to go on in your thread about this lol..But it fit the topic and it's been on my mind a lot lately

Edited by Kraven Moorhead

yea acne totally made me a different person as well to a point where me and my friends have totally different mind sets and I dont really have fun with them unless we're stoned or drunk lol

Definitely. If I ever make it to see clear skin, I'm moving away from everyone I know and cutting off all contact. Even with most of my family.

I think most of the time we want to move away because of acne and the fear of facing family, friends, and everything that is familiar. However, you said you want to move after you're clear? I sort of understand that. You don't want to be remembered as the person who had acne and be reminded of it, which is easy to understand. But i think once you're clear you should focus on taking back everything you gave up like friends, family, hobbies, etc. I feel like moving away until i clear up and then coming back to take everything back and enjoy it.

I have moved in my life, a great distance.

It was not beacuse of the acne, it was because i would want a better chance to life. Acne is a curse we have, but Tariq moved for his life to improve and acne is not enough to want to alone need to improve. Your home is your place, to move over skin would be letting the acne win.

I have moved in my life, a great distance.

It was not beacuse of the acne, it was because i would want a better chance to life. Acne is a curse we have, but Tariq moved for his life to improve and acne is not enough to want to alone need to improve. Your home is your place, to move over skin would be letting the acne win.

Well, then maybe it wins. My dream would be to move to an acne town. No judegment, no pain, no problem.

I've wanted to do that before. But I've never done it, and I'm glad I didn't. I'm sure it's not the same for everyone, but I think often this desire to go away is a desire to get away from ourselves. I used to imagine that if I could start over somewhere else, with a clean slate, I could remold myself into someone else entirely, someone I would like to be. I think that it's possible to do that, but not very likely. At least not in my case. I guess you really need to know yourself enough to figure out if that's the case for you. I think it's pretty well summed up in this quote:

"Everywhere you go, there you are".

I'm happy to say that I'm getting to like myself better. :)

Definitely. If I ever make it to see clear skin, I'm moving away from everyone I know and cutting off all contact. Even with most of my family.

thats kind of sad.. and selfish of you.

Anyways

As for me, I would rather get out now!

I could start off fresh and everyone would know that I started with acne.

So, for my new friends, I will only start to appear better.

I just hate acne. It's uncomfortable and really changes the way you look.

BUT HEY! If you're out of high school get out of there.

It's your life. It really is. (duh :P)

It's so weird that if I wanted to I could pick up and go,

and I will, but not yet (:

How is that selffish? If I ever beat acne it'll be no thanks to them. I've been alone in this battle when I should have had love and support. No one in my family has been supportive (except for my mom but that was only very recently).

Oh, well I didn't know your background story.

Yeah my parents get mad when I cry bout my acne or even talk about it.

They never struggled with any type of acne.

They don't understand why I'm so depressed all the time and they always yell at me when I bring up my skin.

They think I'm a vain, self-centered person.

But I just think it's still kind of harsh to cut off your family.

Your family=love. You can't just do that.

But, I mean, hey, it's your life.

I guess I shouldn't be judging you.

Sorry. (:

I just don't like it when people leave me for good. )':

You're probably right. But I have already cut so many people out of my life. My dad, my grandma, probably my brother soon. I really just have my mom left =(

Yeah. I know.

I feel like I'm in some dumb teenager stage or something.

I just can't get along with my parents.

I really just want to burst into flames sometimes.

I can't stand most of my family.

But I love them.

So, I push through the annoying and the anger.

Sometimes you just have to smile when you want to swear.

I'm pretty sure acne brings most of my negativeness.

i've always wanted to move away, even before i had acne. i just dont like it here, everything is such a big deal for everyone.

I kinda get what your saying, I mean I grew up with acne and got clear after accutane and it was amazing how people started treating me way different. I moved because I wanted to get out of the town I lived in and be somebody else, but not because of my acne. I sometimes wish I could move again and start new, I get bored easily lol.

i've always wanted to move away, even before i had acne. i just dont like it here, everything is such a big deal for everyone.

I kinda get what your saying, I mean I grew up with acne and got clear after accutane and it was amazing how people started treating me way different. I moved because I wanted to get out of the town I lived in and be somebody else, but not because of my acne. I sometimes wish I could move again and start new, I get bored easily lol.

i agree with you two!! (:

"...they can't hold me down" ♪ =p

I've wanted to do that before. But I've never done it, and I'm glad I didn't. I'm sure it's not the same for everyone, but I think often this desire to go away is a desire to get away from ourselves. I used to imagine that if I could start over somewhere else, with a clean slate, I could remold myself into someone else entirely, someone I would like to be. I think that it's possible to do that, but not very likely. At least not in my case. I guess you really need to know yourself enough to figure out if that's the case for you. I think it's pretty well summed up in this quote:

"Everywhere you go, there you are".

I'm happy to say that I'm getting to like myself better. :)

i think this is very well said.

OP, if you really think that would be the best decision, try it out and maybe a different place will be better for you in the long run. but what, and who has made you stay for this long?

it's hard to be everything you want to be without the honest support of family, friends.