Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Jay

I know it's probably not what you want to hear but most of what your bro was saying is right. Trust me, I know what it's like to feel the disgusting horrible and unattractive & all that, got 'diagnosed' with BDD and used to find it impossible to leave the house in the daytime, and most of the time still do. Also I too got bullied by my bro's, but thats kids. For what it's worth, your skin looks good in your photos.

I know you have said you'd like to chat to a therapist or a doctor about how you feel and that would probs be a good first step to conquering your fears. Not saying I'm all great now becoz I'm not & I still have to deal with these skin problems, but what personally helped me was an antidepressant to give me just that little push, some sessions with a CBT therapist and I got a job (my parents made me lol). And the worst job possible for me at that point, a cashier. But it was very helpfull in that it made me face my fears.

In the meantime atleast try to do something constructive. You must be interested in something right?

Anyways I just thought I would give my piece.

Take care

OH MY GOSH you sounds just like me. Its funny someone said something about blaming god. I am very religious and when i get like this i just stop caring about everything. Im very involved with my youth group but when i break out this bad i start thinking dude if there was a god he WOULD NOT let this happen to me. I wont leave my house, i wont go out with friends, i wont let friends come over, I lie when someone asks me to go somewhere or i have to be somewhere its gotten so bad that to get out of something serious ill tell people i got in a wreck or something i mean i feel like a total bitch for doing things to my friends. Im 17 (almost 18) and obviously still live with my parents but i sit in my room all the time and dont ever come down to be around them unless im going outside before they get up to go swimming and i dont go back inside until everyones out of the kitchen and i run upstairs. I feel retarted. I dont understand why im being this way because i have amazing friends who love me and a great family who loves me and tells me all the time they dont even notice but i just KNOW they are lying. and on top of already having bad break outs all this stress and always thinking so much about it is prolly making me break out more and UGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! I have another friend I have known for a while and she has acne way worse then me but shes always out doing something loving life and no one cares that she has acne cause shes a great person and i know thats how people would feel about me but i just cant BEAT THAT INTO MY HEAD! hang in there though dude. Without looking at the big picture of life and the years to come for me there would be NOTHING that would get me through the day.

Time, it's not that what he's saying is right or wrong, it's just not helpful. So I don't need to keep replying to him acting like he's helping because he's not. And yeah...this picture is like a year old. I used to have good skin...:P Yeah I'm hoping once I see a therapist they can hook me up with some good drugs!

Skippy, aww I'm sorry to hear your life is like that. About the God thing...I dunno. Sometimes I feel like it's a test. I used to take alot of things for granted, alot of really small simple things that I'd kill to have back right now. Maybe he did this to me/us to show us something? To prove something? To see if we're strong enough to make it through this and if we do I believe we'll have a completely different outlook on life that will make it amazing. I hope. You hang in there too :)

Fuck, lol. I was in a hurry and I went into the bathroom with my glasses on again, this time on accident. But then it got me thinking, has anyone tried like...covering all their mirrors with something? Not looking into a mirror for an extended period of time? I'm curious to know if anyone has done this before and what happened.

I've always been addicted to mirrors, even when I don't like how I look I have to smile at myself... I must be somewhat of a narcissist, lol. I've always liked my smile, how bout you? Your own smile I mean...

Nope. I don't really like anything about myself anymore. Physically at least.

When your skin heals up then what will you like when you look in the mirror? I want you to love yourself...

Pretty much all of my features can be improved on. I like my hair I guess, does that count? I like my eyes too although brown is such a boring color, I wish they were like blue or green or something more exciting.

Hair is good! Does your family have good hair genes? My husband is the only brother and son who hasn't lost any hair, I hope it stay's that way. I think he would look kinda funny bald, actually I think he would remind me of my uncle :confused:

Dude... your brother is harsh. He can't even TRY to have a little empathy for what you're going through? I feel like regardless if he thinks his life is harder, it doesn't change the fact that YOU are having a hard time. Some of his advice was constructive, but he comes across so cold! I'm sorry.. obviously him going through depression/suicidal thoughts in the past hasn't put him in a position to be more sensitive to these particular experiences. But on a positive note, I'm glad your mom seems to be taking you seriously now.. that's at least progress.

When someone have a problem like that you can't let this problem to continue. So you need toi be persistant and act strongly with the problem. I think you should take antibiotics, and use stuff to fade away those red marks (vitamin A for babies helps to heal skin rapidly, it also have zinc that kill bacteria, or Avene cicalfate). You can also consider using Dan's regime.

One thing is sure: the skin also heals and will look much better. Later, you need to deal with scarring.

So, act strongly, kill the bastards.

Dee, I guess =0 My hair is really thick and so is my moms. It's really dark brown, black when wet. I dunno, I kinda liked it.

Mjm, I know right? I was pretty taken aback and we haven't spoken since.

Corsair, I'm doing things to try to get better...I've started taking zinc, liquid chlorophyll, and I'm making a strong effort to cut out unhealthy foods from my diet and eat more healthy foods.

If you haven't taken antibiotics, you should. Don't be afraid. If you haven't taken Tetracycline, start with that, 500mg twice a day for two to three months. Your face will be clean, then you only need to follow the diet, exercise and maintaing a clear/unclogged face.

HAHAAA. Yes I've gone three days without looking in a mirror.

I was helping out at a camp and I decided not to wear make-up

(this was about 2 months ago)

I thought maybe giving my skin a break from make-up and the stress I get when I look in the mirror, it would improve.

BOYY was I wrong :'(

I looked in the mirror after three days and couldn't believe I let people see me like that

Surprised no one ran for the hills.

So, yeah, not doing that again.

Lily, but that's to be expected. I mean, I wouldn't go anywhere. I just think if I didn't look in a mirror for awhile it would make me happier, since I am generally in a decent mood until I look at myself.

And yeah...just an update. I have my first appointment with a therapist tomorrow. I wasn't expecting it, I thought we agreed to wait until we moved but apparently not. So I'm not sure how to feel. I'm kinda nervous and not excited. Just the way the lady talked to me on the phone was weird...all like calm and soft like I'm about to kill myself or something. Anyways, we will see.

Oh come on bro! I bet that's not true. Plus my hair looks really bad right now since I haven't gotten a haircut in like...a long time.

my hair is receeded and thinned completely in the past 6 months since I've been acne conscious. maybe stress or maybe shit genes :(

my hair is long because i cba to cut it anymore.. i might be bald soon so i wanna savor :P

i'm in the same boat as you Jay. i'd always describe my acne as, well, pretty much very little.

i never used to call it acne. i jusr had "a few spots".

then about a month and a half ago BAM just suddenly my left cheek, (and strangely just the left one) went crazy. all bumpy and pointy and generally yuk.

and even now, when i think about it, it is really just my left cheek, a little between eyebrows and just barely any red marks on right cheeks and forhead.

but when i then see myself.

i just want to cry, i want to smash the mirror into the wall and pound the wall until its not there anymore.

but i cant cry. i just cant make myself cry.

i feel so, well, i feel nothing inside anymore.

and thats even worse

I have my first appointment with a therapist tomorrow. I wasn't expecting it, I thought we agreed to wait until we moved but apparently not. So I'm not sure how to feel. I'm kinda nervous and not excited. Just the way the lady talked to me on the phone was weird...all like calm and soft like I'm about to kill myself or something. Anyways, we will see.

Haha, well, good luck bro! Guess I'm more excited than you :D

Yeah. I just hope it's a not a guy, especially like a really old guy. I wouldn't feel comfortable. Woman have a way of being understanding and compassionate and crap. I will be pissed if I get a dude!

Yeah. I just hope it's a not a guy, especially like a really old guy. I wouldn't feel comfortable. Woman have a way of being understanding and compassionate and crap. I will be pissed if I get a dude!

Ah well, if it's a guy, just ask him to wear a hairpiece and pitch his voice ;) You'll do just fine!