Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boogie

Boogie with B5

Hey all. After reading until my eyes bled about B5 I've finally decided to try it.

I took accutane last year and now my acne is mild. I used to have cystic acne on my face/back/chest. Back and chest have cleared up but i break out sometimes on my neck (around the collar area) and minor acne on my face. My pores suck (something i never even noticed until accutane made them disappear). Oh and my skin is back to being pretty oily again. But still not as bad as pre-Tane.

Thats mainly what I want B5 to get rid of...this stinkin sebum!

Brand: Organika Pantothenic acid 500mg. 90 pills for $9. Didnt want to order online so I bought these at the local health store. If anyone in T.O can tell me where to find it cheaper i'd 'ppreciate it.

Dose: I'll be taking 5gs per day to start. 10 pills. 5 in the morning and 5 at night.

I also take a multivitamin pill, multimineral pill, and Vit E and C. and 50mg of ZINC

I don't know if its best to take with food or without. I'll start without.

Any advice would be welcome. Wish me luck!

AND.....heeeeeere we gooooo! (gulp)

Guest Brandon

I just stopped using B5, and I have small breakouts. I guess it co uld be attributed to the recent heat and work conditions...B5 cuts back on the oil production a lot, so that would help fight the blazing heat.

Wow, $24.50 for 1,000 pills? Even with the exchange rate and shipping thats still less than half what i paid.

Hmmm, anyone ever ordered from these sumb!tches??...online shopping me no trustee. :snooty:

just wish i knew if their products were approved by industry regulations. Apparently some companies produce inferior vitamins.

Well well well. I did my doses today and no joke, I can already notice a slight decrease in sebum production. Believe me folks, i pay CLOSE attention to this.

could be just a placebo effect...but whatever ur doin, dont stop doin it B5.

hey, im on b5, about 5g a day so same as u, im in the uk. cost so much over here, its £12 for 90 500mg pils..sucks. But anyway..ive been on it for about 2 months now and am totally clear now, i only had mild acne anyway, but with using b5 oik production is almost none, this makes moisturing a must, im using a moisturiser containing b5 which is a bonus. I find takin it before bed works the best, not sure why but it does. Im using the b5, loreal pure skin facial wash with salitic acid and nto eating chocolate or crisps which definately has a bad impact on my acne i dont care what people say about acne and diet..theres definately a connetion with me. :angry: heh , so no chocolate. anyway..yeh im v happy , js dont know whens the time to stop taking it, last time i stopped for 3 days i broke out again sad.gif, any questions comments..helpful tips...post em up...

regards..

Guest Brandon
i get mine from b5supplements.com

Damn them money grabbin swines  <_<

have the other two got the same ingrediants as b5 supplements?

Dayyyyy 3?? Day 3.

Well I can definitely tell there has been a decrease in sebum production. When I wake up in the morning my hair doesn't feel nearly as greasy. So far I've only noticed a slight difference in my face oil but still I am very happy with the results so far.

I use Clean and Clear Advantage Acne-Cleanser. It has 2% SA. This is my first time using SA and it burns like a mofo after a few days so i'm gonna cut it down to nights only and see how it goes from there. My skin was itchy and that feelin lasted all night and i woke up with a slight rash in some spots. No biggie.

I have noticed my pores getting smaller. This is probably from the SA and maybe the B5? I've been drinking more water since starting the B5 regimen.

I don't pay too much attention to diet. I just stay away from dairy and try to eat lots of fruits and vegs. My experience with diet is that it has little effect. When I cleared up from Accutane i was eating McDick's and chinese food almost everyday and i didn't break out at all for a long while. There have been times when i've paid very close attention to diet and didnt clear up at all.

So far so good. So glad I found this site!

HtotheIzzo. I think some of those sites posted earlier offer international shipping for B5. 12 pounds is a lot to be paying for 90 pills! (at least compared to petty Canadian currency)

Glad to hear its working for you. I hope moisturizing soon becomes a must for me too.

Day 4: The oil just keeps disappearing. I used to feel greasy like maybe 20-30 minutes after I shower. Then in a few hours if i didn't towel off or wipe my face with my hands (ack!) I would feel gross.

Now I can go a few hours without really noticing any build-up. And my hair feels way dryer now. Which is a good thing. I don't wake up with that nasty feeling of greasy hair, especially around the hairline. I actually hope B5 thins my hair out b/c accutane did the same thing for awhile and i actually preferred it. Easier to style.

My pores are looking better, especially around the nose.

No side effects from B5 except maybe i gots some mushier poo. yummy.

I have a zit in my ear. What a stupid place for a zit.

I stopped using the SA wash b/c it fuckin burned and left me with some rashes. I think i've always been kinda allergic to SA if i recall correctly. oh well.

wink.gif ah man, do u know y i havnt posted for a few days? cos ive been on the frookin toilet for about ten years with this b5 lol...me think i need to eat more fibre with my b5 , heh b5 stil workin great tho..thanx for the link to the site, il give it a bash

Day 5: Wow. I can't believe how well and how quickly B5 is working! My face feels wonderful and hardly feels oily even when I wake up! My pores and all those little bumps have almost completely cleared up. My skin is even beginning to feel dry at times and i've broken out the chapstick again. As far as actual blemishes go i haven't had any significant ones since i started. So no purging yet. My skin has begun to kinda flake off a bit...feels like all the old dead skin is sloughing off.

I think B5 is actually repairing some of the long term damage that accutane gave to my skin. its like its making my skin more resilient or something. very weird.

So besides from slightly dry skin and lips there are no side effects so far. I don't really get the runs or anything like that.

Now i will focus on trying to even out some hyperpigmented areas on my face. its really not that bad but it still bothers me.

:dance::clap::dance:

Day 6: The oil is just about gone. I've switched back to using Cetaphil moisturizer. I used to find it too greasy and thick to use on oily skin but now i actually need the extra help. Great! I don't feel the urge to wipe my face off 50 times a day b/c there is nothing to wipe.

What i have noticed yesterday is that i'm gettin a whole bunch of those tiny whiteheads around the collar area on my neck. I think its just purging since those pores used to be clogged. Sure beats the hell outta the dreaded "intial outbreak" of Accutane.

I'm becoming a lot more confident these days. I mean, its hard not to think that u look gross when u actually FEEL gross and oily. B5 has taken care of that.

I can't be totally sure but i think B5 is actually getting rid of the redness that accutane gave me. :redface2: good riddance. For the record, i don't have any pimples right now. Just the tiny bumps i mentioned before. Going into B5 i probably had about 5-7 moderate zits.

HOLY SHIT this stuff works WONDERS! Please give it a try. i doubted it would work for a long time but i finally caved and gave it a shot. So glad I did.

:clap:

Day 8: Still amazed by what B5 can do for the skin. My skin not only is less oily, but its softer, smoother, and even has a nice tone to it again. Some of the weird effects accutane had on my skin seem gone now (red patches on face, razor burn from hell). And i still haven't really broken out at all. I got this cyst on my neck in DECEMBER and i STILL have a raised scar from it. It was bumpy and i knew there was something still there but i was afraid to mess with it. Well now the scar is finallyhealing and becoming flat.

The side effects for me are non-existant now. i have slightly flaky skin sometimes around the mouth. And i never got the runs but there have been days where trips to the bathroom were plentiful.

B5 is the shit. Please believe and try it out. Can't stress it enough.

:lol::lol::lol:

Day 11: Still doin great. B5 has made my skin look about as good as it did on accutane. And now that i'm sort of used to the dosage i don't get chapped lips or flaky skin. Haven't had a pimple for about a week now.

B5 has also made my hair less oily and it looks a lot healthier too. all that pantene must be doing that.

And also i don't get sunburned at all. after accutane i became kinda sun sensitive but now its if my skin is strong enough to handle it.

I just hope this stuff keeps working for at least a year.

gogo post boogie, i wanna know how u r doing!

i just ordered 2 packages of that b5supplements.com stuff (82 euro with s&h, YIKES)....its so expensive, i sure as hell hope it works ;_;

Hey all,

i'm guessin its like day 30. yeah. Day 30:

Still haven't broken out at all and the oil is long gone. There has been extra improvement to my pores and my skin looks great now. If I do say so myself it even glows. Any scars that I had are either gone or much less visible. I can't even tell that I ever had acne.

There have been zero side effects. No diarrhea, or dryness, or anything. I'm still taking 10 pills a day. 5 in the morning and 5 in the evening/latenight. I also have kept on with the multivitamin and multimineral 1 a day each. and 1 zinc pill a day as well. I wash with Dove soap every morning and night. Thats it.

I get the odd zit here and there. but they are tiny and weak and go away quickly. I'd say i get 1-3 small zits a week. and they each last maybe 2 days max. I also eat whatever I want. I'll have fast food maybe twice a week, and I have fried foods or meats quite often. I'm not a big junk food fan. Which is good.

thats it. B5 is great. I will update here in another 30 days. Good luck to anyone who decides to try it. And if you're unsure, what do you have to lose???

Hey boogie - your success with B5 really makes me want to try it, but I can't since today is my FIRST day on accutane. bb_icon_rolleyes.gif

You said you went on the 'tane before... What kind of acne did you have? I have mild acne right now, but its persistent and i've tryed tons of antibiotics and topicals from the derm that when I suggested accutane she happily agreed.

Do you regret taking accutane?

Visage: You can buy B5 at Health stores. THe ones that sell a ton of vitamins.

As for Zinc, I heard its supposed to be good for the skin. who knows. but i take it anyway.

Number1Nerd: My acne was cystic and it fluctuated from moderate to kinda severe. Accutane cleared everything up great but then it started wearing off and i found there were some annoying post side effects. But B5 has taken care of things now. I dont regret going on the Tane b/c B5 would definitely not work as well as it does if not for accutane.