Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jward2090

Erythromycin/Benzoyl Peroxide with light acne

Hi, I'm 19 (turn 20 in june) and I have pretty light acne like 6-7 whiteheads is decent for me. I have been using a topical gel with erythromicin/benzoyl peroxide for years now. I never had acne until a few months before I was 18, then I started getting cystic acne and a lot of white heads/imflamed zits.

After dealing with that for a while I was put on doxycycline and the topical gel. I took doxycycline for like a year and it cleared up my sking tremendously, but then I read of the caveman regimine and tried it and it worked amazing, but after a week I started breaking out with small whiteheads all over my forehead.

I gave in and started using Dove soap and my topical gel again. It's been like 5 days or so since then and my forehead is a little bit better, but not much. Will the topical gel take a while to start working again since I stopped for a little? I have used it for a looong time.

I'm a very healthy person and eat as natural as I can and drink tons of water a day. My doctor said I should be done with acne within a year, that was four months ago, I will be estatic to be done with it.