Notifications
Clear all

Just got Fraxel Repair

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 05/05/2010 3:32 pm

I got it on the sides of my face and forehead. Due to the numbing injection it didn't hurt nearly as much as I expected, in some areas I felt absolutely nothing. Needless to say I look scary right now. Not only do I look like a burn victim, but my face is still so puffy from the numbing injection that I resemble a panda.. Here are a few pics of my face at the moment. I know the pic quality is low but it at least gives you an idea of how severe one looks post treatment.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 05/05/2010 3:34 pm

You are brave! Thanks for sharing, I knew that the face got red but I didn't realize it also had hyperpigmentation. Please keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 05/05/2010 3:37 pm

Thanks. There is no hyperpigmentation though as far as I can tell. Its just a bloody mess. I'm confused why I was told to remove the scabs while wiping it with a vinegar cloth, because don't the scabs clot the bleeding? I just rubbed them off and now I'm bleeding in like a thousand different places.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 05/05/2010 9:29 pm

Sverd, I used the vinegar, but I didn't do a lot of rubbing - more dabbing than anything. Swelling peaks on about the 2nd day. I was totally unrecognizable after my first Re:pair. Are you using Aquafor also?

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 05/05/2010 11:42 pm

Sverd, I used the vinegar, but I didn't do a lot of rubbing - more dabbing than anything. Swelling peaks on about the 2nd day. I was totally unrecognizable after my first Re:pair. Are you using Aquafor also?

Yes I'm applying it after the vinegar. I was wondering how long did it take for your swelling to subside completely? If anything that is whats bothering me the most.

MemberMember
(@scarsrevil)

Posted : 05/06/2010 12:05 am

do you have any before pics that you could post so that you can compare them to after pics once your face heals?

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 05/06/2010 5:30 am

Sverd, by about the 4th day I started to look somewhat human. The swelling was not nearly as intense after the 2nd and 3rd Re:pairs.

MemberMember
(@bee4)

Posted : 05/06/2010 7:38 am

Hi there

Is fraxel repair the same as fractional CO2?

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 05/07/2010 11:41 am

Day 3

Bleeding stopped the first night and the swelling has decreased a lot. My skin is very red but it doesn't look as bad as I expected. The texture is smooth but I'm aware this is due to the swelling, so I the results will be fully visible once that subsides. My doctor mentioned that my skin was healing exceptionally well and he correlated it with my young age.

MemberMember
(@acnevsme)

Posted : 05/07/2010 11:44 am

Day 3

Bleeding stopped the first night and the swelling has decreased a lot. My skin is very red but it doesn't look as bad as I expected. The texture is smooth but I'm aware this is due to the swelling, so I the results will be fully visible once that subsides. My doctor mentioned that my skin was healing exceptionally well and he correlated it with my young age.

jesus what treatment was this?

MemberMember
(@michael24)

Posted : 05/07/2010 11:49 am

What type of scars do yo have? how severe? I am really looking into getting this done within the next few weeks while on vacation.

MemberMember
(@kt7)

Posted : 05/07/2010 11:56 am

You are a brave guy man. I hope it works out for you.

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 05/07/2010 11:56 am

I don't have a high quality camera, but I will try to get the before and after pictures taken by my doctor. My scarring was quite bad along the sides of my face due to an outbreak of cystic acne in the past. I'd classify it as moderate. It created concave areas, so I guess that would be classified as boxcar scarring? There's a picture of the side of my face in my gallery but unfortunately it was also taken with a low quality cam. Apart from scarring I also had problems with red and uneven skin tone, so I'll just wait and see how this treatment impacted that.

MemberMember
(@michael24)

Posted : 05/07/2010 5:57 pm

I don't have a high quality camera, but I will try to get the before and after pictures taken by my doctor. My scarring was quite bad along the sides of my face due to an outbreak of cystic acne in the past. I'd classify it as moderate. It created concave areas, so I guess that would be classified as boxcar scarring? There's a picture of the side of my face in my gallery but unfortunately it was also taken with a low quality cam. Apart from scarring I also had problems with red and uneven skin tone, so I'll just wait and see how this treatment impacted that.

Just saw the pic in your profile and I think those are large rolling scars/indentations left behind by the inflammation caused by the cystic acne.

Though not as large, that is exactly the type of scarring I have, actually I just have a few on each cheek. They are more visible in certain lighting.

I have read that dermarolling helps this type of scarring best. I might get dermarolling and fraxel repair done on the same day.

MemberMember
(@acnevsme)

Posted : 05/07/2010 6:00 pm

Just saw the pic in your profile and I think those are large rolling scars/indentations left behind by the inflammation caused by the cystic acne.

Though not as large, that is exactly the type of scarring I have, actually I just have a few on each cheek. They are more visible in certain lighting.

I have read that dermarolling helps this type of scarring best. I might get dermarolling and fraxel repair done on the same day.

bestes of luck....man ....

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 05/07/2010 6:05 pm

A lot of you are put off by the dried blood, but that washes off within a few days and as Sverd said it is not as bad as it first looks. Did they tell you the treatment level.

Bee4 Re:pair is fractionalized Co2. I seldom use the word Fraxel because that is more closely identified with the non-ablative Fraxel Re:store which is no where as effective or intense as Re:pair.

MemberMember
(@scoobie_do)

Posted : 05/07/2010 6:46 pm

sverd,

just wanted to wish you the best. I am excited for you and I

know you are going to get some good results.

scoob

MemberMember
(@ziko)

Posted : 05/07/2010 7:25 pm

sverd,

scoob

Probably not (dont take this the wrong way), but good luck. Some day we will beat our scars..

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 05/07/2010 7:46 pm

sverd,

scoob

Probably not (dont take this the wrong way), but good luck. Some day we will beat our scars..

Why are you doubtful of good results? My skin looks smooth now, I know there's swelling but still.. I know not to expect 100% improvement.

By the way wondering what you guys thought of cost, 2000 for both sides of face and forehead.

MemberMember
(@ziko)

Posted : 05/07/2010 7:55 pm

I've had 2 Deep FX treatments (comparable with repair) with 0% result. Yes your skin looks super awesome the first week. Untill 2-3 weeks after your scars return to exactly the way they used to be.

I hope you prove me wrong :)

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 05/07/2010 10:39 pm

I've had 2 Deep FX treatments (comparable with repair) with 0% result. Yes your skin looks super awesome the first week. Untill 2-3 weeks after your scars return to exactly the way they used to be.

As I believe success is directly related to the intensity of the treatment it would be interesting to know at what levels you were treated. I have had 3 Re:pairs at peak intensity 70mj-60% with a 60-70% improvement. I am planning a 4th Re:pair this fall.

Sverd, 2k is an excellent price.

MemberMember
(@jay326)

Posted : 05/07/2010 11:21 pm

I've been looking into laser/light treatments alot lately. Looking forward to seeing your results ^^

MemberMember
(@spikefulton)

Posted : 05/08/2010 3:06 am

Best of luck. Look forward to seeing your results.

MemberMember
(@ziko)

Posted : 05/08/2010 4:13 am

As I believe success is directly related to the intensity of the treatment it would be interesting to know at what levels you were treated. I have had 3 Re:pairs at peak intensity 70mj-60% with a 60-70% improvement. I am planning a 4th Re:pair this fall.

Sverd, 2k is an excellent price.

I was treated with 20 mJ, density 2.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 05/08/2010 8:13 am

Ziko, that should have been intense enough to get good results. Here is an interesting discussion of DeepFX http://medicalspamd.com/clinical-user-grou...ian/post/672007

This information was confirmed with Amnon Harari, Senior Vice President, Research and Development last month before I made the PowerPoint you reviewed.

Regards and with respect,

Jeffrey E. Epstein, MD

Deep FX covers from 5%-25%

Density 1 =5%

2=10%

3=15%

4=20%

5=25%

Tiffany Nelson

Area Sales Manager- Lumenis

Cell: 973-986-2251

Fax: 1-800-830-1372