Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anta

My red marks progress (something to keep me motivated)

Here's a picture log of my progress with my red marks:

Note: The pictures from October was when I stopped the DKR and started my own regimen only using AHA, Jojoba Oil, and Sunscreen. At the time, I was using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion until I made the switch to Dan's AHA in early November.

I still have two annoying red marks on the left side of my cheek from my breakout in January that are taking forever to fade. The camera didn't capture it for some reason.

On the positive note, I've been clear for six months just using dan's aha.

I don' know if what I see is 'real' or just a perceived flaw, but I still hate my skin.

Edit: Gonna reupload to my gallery instead. I can't add anymore pictures because I used up all the space.

Edited by Anta

are you kidding? your skin looks incredible now. im on the same boat as you, not a ton of red marks, but still enough to affect the look of my skin. i think your skin looks great, and in such a short time too!

Aww, thank you. But I honestly see something different when I look at myself in the mirror. My whole family think I'm borderline obsessive when it comes to my skin. I took accutane 4 years ago and it has been an uphill battle since then. I develop social anxiety and have trouble leaving my house. It gotten progressively worse even though my acne is gone. (haven't been out for three months) Now that I'm starting college on Monday, I won't have the luxury to stay at home.

Edited by Anta

Girl, your skin is glowing! :clap: It looks perfect, I do not see those red marks you speak of. I've read some of your other posts, do you think maybe you might have some type of body dysmorphic disorder? I've read about in some other message board posts. Apparently it's fairly common in people who have acne to have a distorted view of themselves even after they have cleared up. Anyway, your progress is amazing, get out of the house and enjoy your clear skin! (Just don't forget the sunscreen. :cool: )

Girl, your skin is glowing! eusa_clap.gif It looks perfect, I do not see those red marks you speak of. I've read some of your other posts, do you think maybe you might have some type of body dysmorphic disorder? I've read about in some other message board posts. Apparently it's fairly common in people who have acne to have a distorted view of themselves even after they have cleared up. Anyway, your progress is amazing, get out of the house and enjoy your clear skin! (Just don't forget the sunscreen. cool.gif )

BDD? I read the diagnosis and I have all the symptoms listed. =( My mom said the exact same thing to me the other day. It's funny how I thought having clear skin would solve all my problem, but I'm still the same person as I was in the beginning just a lot more insecure.

I totally understand what you mean! I thought if I cleared up my skin, everything would be peachy. But once the active acne goes away, you have to deal with the red marks and then you have to deal with the scars. I hate seeing these scars and red marks on my face, it just makes me so depressed and I feel like that is all people see when they look at me. Once you clear up the physical symptoms, you are still broken down mentally and emotionally... Your skin really does look great though. I'm not sure what to do about the social anxiety, honestly I think I might have it too, haha. I hope you don't let your anxiety hold you back at college. Go meet some hot guy and have a great time!

Are you joking lol?

here is my pigmentation.

http://i44.tinypic.com/mcw5ro.jpg

I did just give my face a gentle scrub through and added retinol, so my face probably looks far worse than it is. ;)

I also edited the image after the picture was taken to expose the redness more as the picture was fairly bright.

Unfortunantly, i never edited the nose as a joke...... it really is that big! :D

Edited by Fraz_2010

No, I'm not joking =( I believe accutane exacerbated my depression and social anxiety. When I look at myself in the mirror I see something that apparently others don't see. It's hard to describe when other people don't see that perceived flaw. They look at me like I'm crazy. I remember one day when I was getting ready and putting on my makeup in bright lighting. I started crying the moment I saw my face because my skin looked horrible. I started scrubbing my face until it was raw, and then cried myself to sleep.

Edited by Anta

No, I'm not joking =( I believe accutane exacerbated my depression and social anxiety. When I look at myself in the mirror I see something that apparently others don't see. It's hard to describe when other people don't see that perceived flaw. They look at me like I'm crazy. I remember one day when I was getting ready and putting on my makeup in bright lighting. I started crying the moment I saw my face because my skin looked horrible. I started scrubbing my face until it was raw, and then cried myself to sleep.

Believe me, you're not alone.

I used to get down about my complextion all the time and everybody used to tell me that I looked just fine.

I don't just have redness, I also have indented scarring and a squint nose.

In some lighting these flaws are non-existant and in other lighting they become so apparent.

But you just have to keep reminding yourself that nobody looks perfect in every single mirror and under every single type of lighting.

Even those models you see on the TV with the clear skin and "flawless" faces..... they aren't actually flawless after all. They have expensive make up put on by a well trained make up artist, they also use friendly lighting to make themselves appear perfect.

Anyone can give off an illusion of perfection with the right tools.... but nobody on the face of the earth has a perfect face.

Every single living thing has faults, and everybody tries to hide something about them that they don't like.