Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
quantumtheory

Is colon cleansing worth it?

I've read a few threads/posts about colon cleansing being a huge help with acne. That accompanied with a good diet and the right topical regimen, acne seemed to disappear for some people.

I use Dan's regimen and it's working great for my face but I feel like I need more for my body acne.

I don't have the best diet atm, believe me I'm working on it. But I've considered doing another cleanse(I did a liver cleanse awhile back but never noticed any differences with anything, but it didn't hurt)

I saw that the Ultimate Colon Cleanse was recommended in some posts. I noticed that its free for the first 30 days and what not and you can return it after 60 days but it still costs 70 something dollars.

But before I go and make that kind of commitment I'm curious if this kind of thing would be worth my time and money.

Improving elimination and digestive functioning could very well help your acne and health.

Drinking some crazy elixir and blasting out your bunghole for a month with herbs and fiber supplements will likely do little for you in the long run though.

You are much better off honing in on your diet and lifestyle. The probiotics might be of use however. Remember, positive changes require time to take effect.

This, right? http://www.ultimatecoloncleanse.com/#div_07

It can be. Because of Oxy Powder, I got rid of my severe cystic acne last year. It didn't cure me though. Maybe I need to do another round.. I don't know.

I've read a few threads/posts about colon cleansing being a huge help with acne. That accompanied with a good diet and the right topical regimen, acne seemed to disappear for some people.

I use Dan's regimen and it's working great for my face but I feel like I need more for my body acne.

I don't have the best diet atm, believe me I'm working on it. But I've considered doing another cleanse(I did a liver cleanse awhile back but never noticed any differences with anything, but it didn't hurt)

I saw that the Ultimate Colon Cleanse was recommended in some posts. I noticed that its free for the first 30 days and what not and you can return it after 60 days but it still costs 70 something dollars.

But before I go and make that kind of commitment I'm curious if this kind of thing would be worth my time and money.

Colon cleansers won't cure you of acne. My acne was actually worse when I was taking the colon cleanser and I did it for about 31 days. I don't think my acne improved in the weeks and months following the cleanse, either.

I personally recommend it only for post-Accutane sufferers, not as a cure for acne.

Edited by accutaneuser78

Improving elimination and digestive functioning could very well help your acne and health.

Drinking some crazy elixir and blasting out your bunghole for a month with herbs and fiber supplements will likely do little for you in the long run though.

You are much better off honing in on your diet and lifestyle. The probiotics might be of use however. Remember, positive changes require time to take effect.

This is solid advice.....

Secondly doing a liver cleanse before a colon cleanse is a recipe for disaster since your flushing toxins into a toxic colon. Rule of thumb is always cleanse the colon first, then liver if your going to do it.

But what Drizzler said is the truth; a sound diet with good supplements will cleanse the internal organs and digestive tract and eliminate acne, it takes time but you'll get there.

The sooner you clean up your diet, the sooner you'll get results.

PANIC

I was on accutane a long time ago, probably 7-8 years now. I had a bad reaction. Severe dry skin and redness on the back of my hands. Stopped after a month or so. Went on every other medication at the time and nothing worked. Gave up and tried to do it myself with OTC stuff and whatnot. Now here I am curious about new ideas and approaches for helping to rid my body of acne.

This is solid advice.....

Secondly doing a liver cleanse before a colon cleanse is a recipe for disaster since your flushing toxins into a toxic colon. Rule of thumb is always cleanse the colon first, then liver if your going to do it.

But what Drizzler said is the truth; a sound diet with good supplements will cleanse the internal organs and digestive tract and eliminate acne, it takes time but you'll get there.

The sooner you clean up your diet, the sooner you'll get results.

PANIC

I personally don't think liver cleanses do anything. I think they can strengthen it, but there's no "cleansing" going on.