Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cynic

Do you talk about acne with your friends?

For example,

One of my friends had quite severe facial acne when we were in school, whilst I had mild. We're basically best friends, but it was just one of those things that was never discussed.

Now we're older, both of us have improved - my friend's facial acne is all but gone (though has left a few scars, which I *know* he's really conscious about, though we've never discussed it), except for his chest/back which is still quite affected, but we only see that when swimming or at the beach etc, and he's still quite confident about taking his shirt off, which I probably wouldn't be, if I was in that position.

When I've been over his house before, I've seen similar products to those that I've used, in his bathroom also - PanOxyl etc etc, as well as packets of the same antibiotic I'm on.

I've always been really tempted to bring up a conversation about it, to talk about the antibiotics or whatever, but am never sure of the reaction I'll get.

Also, sometimes I have to take my antibiotics out with me when we go out if I'm not at home for the time I usually take them, and friends have seen me take them, and asked about it - but I always just say they're headache tablets or something. I don't think I could ever admit - at least to my friends unaffected by acne - that I was taking such a medication.

What are people's opinions on this?

smile.gif

I talk to my best friend about it everyday to where she's like, "You know what, shut up."

She's taken accutane before and she hung up on me one time when I told her about the guy I read about who's acne was worse after five years taking accutane, :shifty:.

cynic: I'd say u talk to your friend about acne. Always good to have a sympathetic friend. It might be awkward at first but i bet you'll both feel loads better after discussin it.

I talk to my best friend about it everyday to where she's like, "You know what, shut up."

Ha ha ha! Thats great. If I had to listen to myself whine I'd tell me to shut up too. biggrin.gif

I talked to one of my best friends about it. But you know its hard to relate, he has absolutely no clue how it is. I even showed him the forums here and he laughed at all the suicidal people. Yeah I do think people wanting to kill themselves over acne is stupid too. But I guess only our fellow sufferers can relate to how we feel about acne.

I think my mum is on the verge of saying that to me! tongue.gif

I only talked to one friend about it, because she's had a lot of success with a treatment she is on but my acne is worse than hers so I'd rather not talk about it. I don't talk about it to anyone else... 'cept you guys..

Hey, how is your acne today? wink.gif:lol: Not quite like that but almost...