Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I literally have about 50 red marks on my face

The ones from 9 months ago are still very visible even after 12+ peels and one V-beam treatment.

When will these things ever fade?????????? Just a few years ago it used to fade after 6 months without any treatment. Now it takes longer even with treatment.

I'll be damned it they don't fade after 12 months

Guess this will be another wasted summer

Edited by AcnePwns

Don't let red marks ruin you summer. Just don't think about them and no one else will either.

Guest frogskinshoelace
Don't let red marks ruin you summer. Just don't think about them and no one else will either.

Absolutely do not listen to this awful advice. People will not magically stop noticing them just because you dont. You have had redmarks for some time and tried several things. Obviously your skin is as bad as mine. They wont fade over time. The only thing you can do is go to a derm asap. Dont let that crap carry on any longer. I wasted years of my life on this ****, dont make the same mistake I did.

What kind of peel did you use, and at what percentage? I mean, glycolic acid doesn't do jack, but TCA can make some difference if your marks aren't too bad. But if they really are severe, you have to consider laser. Otherwise you're looking at years and years (2 at the minimum, but most likely 3 or 4) for them to heal on their own.

Personally I suggest you DON'T wait for them to heal on their own. It's just not worth the opportunity cost (and the misery).

Edited by Beautiful Day

How is your diet? You might try taking Vitamin C, ALA, or MSM to increase healing internally. Also, stress and lack of sleep have been known to slow healing. Finally, excercise is supposed to help blood flow to the face and fade red marks faster. Not sure if any of this will help, but I feel like they have all been helping my red marks fade.

Absolutely do not listen to this awful advice. People will not magically stop noticing them just because you dont. You have had redmarks for some time and tried several things. Obviously your skin is as bad as mine. They wont fade over time. The only thing you can do is go to a derm asap. Dont let that crap carry on any longer. I wasted years of my life on this ****, dont make the same mistake I did.

Well aint you optimistic. ;)

The best way to treat red marks is internally, not externally.

Vitamin A is the best thing you can take to fade red marks.

I've been taking high multivitamin suppliments and omega 3's for the last 5 days and my red marks which I have had for over a year have faded dramatically.

Also.... summer is a great healer of red marks. Sit out in the sun for 15-20 minutes (without protection) each day, then sit in the shade for the rest of the day.

Also drink plenty of water which will help you p*ss and sweat all the s**t out of your system.

If you only drink water, then you can only sweat out water, and if you can only sweat out water, then nothing can block your pores which leads to more acne and increased redness.

TAKE MY ADVICE!

How is your diet? You might try taking Vitamin C, ALA, or MSM to increase healing internally. Also, stress and lack of sleep have been known to slow healing. Finally, excercise is supposed to help blood flow to the face and fade red marks faster. Not sure if any of this will help, but I feel like they have all been helping my red marks fade.

I used to eat a pretty healthy diet but after I noticed it did not help with my red marks or scars, I stopped caring. I sleep really late.. as for stress, there's little I can do about it with my skin. my skin is causing 80% of my stress. I stress nearly 24/7 and its been like that for a while. Im so used to stress though.

Exercise never helped me unfortunately

Edited by AcnePwns

Ive already been to the derm and had v-beam done with little success. Derms are far from a miracle for red marks.

What kind of peel did you use, and at what percentage? I mean, glycolic acid doesn't do jack, but TCA can make some difference if your marks aren't too bad. But if they really are severe, you have to consider laser. Otherwise you're looking at years and years (2 at the minimum, but most likely 3 or 4) for them to heal on their own.

Personally I suggest you DON'T wait for them to heal on their own. It's just not worth the opportunity cost (and the misery).

Well Vbeam costed $300 (should be $400) and the down time was horrible. my skin looked horrible for 2 weeks. After that I got a 10-15% improvement. Not worth it.

I've tried vbeam, glycolic peels, jessner's peel, Dan's AHA and ACV

doesn't do crap really.. if this was 2-3 years ago, they would have faded in 6 months or less. I dont know whats making my skin heal like crap in recent years but my life has gone down hill since then