Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm posting this in case it might help someone. I've been without acne for months now. I don't think about it anymore. I worry about all of life's other problems. I tried a few medications, incessant face washing, and over the counters. One medication worked, but it was only a temporary solution. My acne came back in full. I would classify it as moderate acne. It wasn't mild, and it wasn't severe.

To the point: I used to have quite a bit of milk - a glass or two a day, and whatever I used for cereal which I often at twice a day also (midnight snack.) I stopped drinking milk altogether and in 4 months my acne was just gone. I read articles citing a study that milk increases the occurrence of acne by something like 33% in teens. I read another article by a dermatologist whose patients had success after about 6 months of cutting out milk (I only took 4 months.) The reason for the delay is because the hormones present on modern day processed cow's milk take that long to leave the body...or something. Do a quick google search, you find easily all of this and more yourself.

Moral of the story: If you drink milk, have ace, are desperate for a solution, and are willing to try out a 6 month experiment, try cutting out milk. It's estimated that 75% of the world is lactose intolerant, many experiencing adverse effects of milk without even knowing it. This was the case for me, it could be for you, fellow sufferer.

Yeah cutting out milk for me has been a big challenge, I love my milk and use to drink 2-3 cups a day. If anyone is having trouble cutting out milk I suggest almond milk, it's very delicious probably even more so than regular whole milk, so if you need a substitute definitely try that. I don't think milk causes breakouts for everyone, I've been off milk for about 2 months now and have noticed little change, so this might not work for everyone.

You can treat you Acne when you intake Maca in a right way because it has Alkaloids which are responsible for stimulating the brain’s hormone regulators, which control the way the body metabolizes certain minerals. In result it will balance your hormones and it will decrease your pimples.

You can treat you Acne when you intake Maca in a right way because it has Alkaloids which are responsible for stimulating the brain’s hormone regulators, which control the way the body metabolizes certain minerals. In result it will balance your hormones and it will decrease your pimples.

Nooo, adbot. Flagflagflagflagflag!

Anyway, I haven't tried cutting it out for 6 months, but I know that dairy can make for a perfect storm when combined with other triggers. But I can drink a gallon of milk and be without a pimple if I do everything else right. Glad you found a cure though!