Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

o iv been reading about some really great benefits of manuka honey for acne. I came upon a website that looks really legitimate and has a product for sale that im really tempted to buy (i kind of want to try more natural products, even though the DKR is keeping my skin pretty clear). I would love to hear if you guys have any experience with this product, manuka honey in general, or just thoughts about this product.

Google honeymark acne cream, and its the first thing that pops up. Then go to their site and they only have one acne cream. I'll list the ingredients also:

"Directions for Use:

Apply directly to existing acne breakouts twice a day, preferably in the morning and before bedtime.

Active Ingredient: Sulphur 3%

Other Ingredients: Water, Manuka Honey (16+), isopropyl alcohol, glycerin, MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane), cetyl alcohol flakes, stearic acid, glycerol monostearate (extracted from cottonseed or corn oil), coconut oil extract, yucca root extract, titanium dioxide (naturally occurring mineral), camphor extract 0.5% (from camphor tree bark), oregano oil, citric acid (from fruit), zinc sulfate (processed from mineral deposits)."

But yea, if you guys tell me your thoughts i'd more than likely get this product and keep you updating on my progess cool.gif

Here's another thought...if the cream doesnt sound good maybe i should just try using plain manuka honey mask every day?

Lets see what you knowledgeable acne sufferers think biggrin.gif

Looks like crap to me. I've tried straight manuka honey,various sulfur creams, zinc creams, titanium dioxide creams that doubled as sun screen etc etc. None of them worked. None of them had the added junk like alcohol or stearic acid either that can actually contribute to acne.

I wouldn't suggest adding anything to the DKR outside of what Dan recommends. If it's working for you don't set yourself back by messing with other stuff.

If the product you mentioned worked it's probably because of the sulfur, not the honey. I don't know if just plain honey would have the same effect. I don't have much knowledge of honey as an acne fighter - I just know sulfur is a pretty established one.