Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well i have some products like neutrogens bar soap and the oil free wash and the acne spot treatment (2.5%BP) that i just picked up (2.5%BP) and i have clean and clear moisterizer and clearasil ultra 10%BP well i have been using the face wash and then clearasil ultra then the misterizer and i didnt work out good my face got dryed!!out!! i think it was bc combining BP and SA not sure though so i stopped and picked up the neutrogena ance spot treatment and started using the but i didnt use anything else i washed my hands then washed my face with just water then applied BP it has working ok i guess a little dry but i dont get the dry patches on my neck anymore thank god lol well i dont kno if i should be putting on the moisterizer or applying the face wash b4 the BP not sure if it will go good WEll any help on like helping me with making me a little regimen with the products i have without any bad side affects? thnx for ur help i really apprectiate it

brad

Hi Brad, you're on the right track and I think you're right about the BP and SA together drying your face out. Many people use both with success but it's better to experiment with SA after your skin is used to the BP. You should be moisturising after you apply BP.

What I'd suggest is make your regimen like Dan's. Go here and read his instructions carefully: http://www.acne.org/regimen-instructions.html

I would:

- wash with a gentle cleanser and pat dry.. does the cleanser you have have any acne medication in it? try and get one that doesn't if you can, this can dry your skin out also.. a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or Neutrogena is just right

- 15 mins later apply your 2.5% Neutrogena on the spot BP to acne prone areas (don't apply too much if you aren't used to BP yet as BP causes redness and dry skin)

- 15 mins later apply your moisturiser

Doing this morning and night is the best way to prevent and fight existing acne. Drink lots of water too, that helps with dry skin.

thnx i will do that im starting to get used to the BP so ya i will start using my oil free wash then the moisterizer after in like a day so im used to the BP more thnx for the help i will reply later will results

brad