Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suprsho

marks on my cheek

Ok, so i had these mark for at least 2 years now (maybe more, can't remember) Anyways just wondering if anyone have similar marks like these and what ur using.

things I've tried already with little/no improvement (used each method for 1-2 month):

-ACV

-Turmeric

-baking soda

-V-beam (1 session)

-TCA peel (2 session @ 15%)

-Emu/Bio/Jojoba oil

just to note, I have no active acne right now, the surface where the marks are is smooth.

post-95666-1272662414_thumb.jpg

post-95666-1272662399_thumb.jpg

Edited by suprsho

Have you tried applying lemon juice to your face before you go to sleep at night?

If not, then try it. You may be amazed.

Also... drinking plenty of water (8-10 glasses a day)... a lot of people underestimate the power of detox.

Also try to eat healthy and avoid greesy/fatty foods.

Doing these things will have at least some effect on the appearance of your marks.

And if you find that all fails.... they i'd suggest using a concealer for men. They will make your marks invisible if you find the correct shade.

Ok, so i had these mark for at least 2 years now (maybe more, can't remember) Anyways just wondering if anyone have similar marks like these and what ur using.

things I've tried already with little/no improvement (used each method for 1-2 month):

-ACV

-Turmeric

-baking soda

-V-beam (1 session)

-TCA peel (2 session @ 15%)

-Emu/Bio/Jojoba oil

just to note, I have no active acne right now, the surface where the marks are is smooth.

I have red marks similar to yours. You can see pics in my gallery. However, mine are way worse than yours and I have more of them. From what I understand these marks are just stains left after acne. They are not scars and should go away. I was told by my dermatologist they would go away in a few months, but it's hard to believe him since I have had some of these for years. Anyway, I started Retin-a 4 months and 2 weeks ago and the IB caused even more red marks, which sucked. However, in the last 2 weeks I have finally seen some improvement. The pictures in my gallery are from week 15 of retin-a use and the red marks have faded since those photos. I will add pictures in a couple of months for a comparison. I hope retin-a helps. These red marks really get me down....

But I am not sure if you want to use Retin-A. I also had acne, which is why I was prescribed Retin-A. Since you do not have active acne you might not want to use it. Also, I have read conflicting things about Retin-A improving red marks. Some people say it helps and others say it does not. But I do think it has helped me.

Also, I agree with Fraz_2010. I think it is important to be healthy and drink lots of water. Believe it or not, I am extremely healthy even though my skin looks like I have a disease. I drink 4 liters of water (or more) a day, I juice vegetables, I exercise, I eat mostly salads and fruit. Although this has helped me stay thin it has not helped my skin. But I would try being healthy first and see if that works. It didn't help me, which is why I finally went to a dermatologist in December and got prescribed Retin-a.

Edited by aaars

I'll give lemon a shot after reading all the positive reviews. Also, some of my marks don't turn white/disappear when i press down on them, so is that scarring or just normal red marks?

I'll give lemon a shot after reading all the positive reviews. Also, some of my marks don't turn white/disappear when i press down on them, so is that scarring or just normal red marks?

Newish red marks wont turn white when you press on them. But old marks (pinkish) should appear lighter when the skin is stretched.

Skin stretching is a great way to reduce acne marks and even scarring. Just make sure you have a moisturizer that doesnt clog up the pores and massage it into your skin 3-4 times a day for about 15 minutes each time.

You should see noticable improvements within a couple of weeks to a month.

Edited by Fraz_2010

Alright its been awhile so figured i'd post some updated pics. So far i've only been using Argan oil along with my daily moisturizer w/ spf30. Judging some these pics, I definitely see some improvements. Hoping once my accutane course ends next month the redness will go down even more.

post-95666-1277764310_thumb.jpg

post-95666-1277764304_thumb.jpg

post-95666-1277764304_thumb.jpg

post-95666-1277764310_thumb.jpg

sorry to burst the bubble but they have not improved.

these things are horrible, they can look better or worse depending

on light conditions, irritation (look after a shave, it will be super red).

if you look first thing in the morning they will look better.

i was stuck with these for nearly 2 years, got fed up and had a laser

treatment. dont delay unless your OK with trying home treatments for

years to come, laser is the only way to get rid of them efficiently

p.s im not some laser salesman, its what i did. dont PM me as i wont reply

Don't listen to him. I can see improvements.

I'm currently on accutane and am more or less clear- however I have a tonne of red marks (that I've had for atleast a year now) on both cheeks, very similar to the poster. Is there any way of treating them whilst on accutane? I'm thinking about bio oil but I'm not so sure!

btw I definately see an improvement between your first and second pics!

i dont want to be a horrible person who makes people feel bad, i was in the same position and i did appreciate people saying your skin does look a bit better, but deep down i knew it was still bad.

instead of lying to make him feel better i told him the truth.

more importantly, what can be done to get his skin clear

its all good, but yea, the marks definitely look alot lighter when i first wake up in the morning. I do plan on getting laser treatments once 6+ month post accutane is reached. I'm curious to know the kind of laser you used as well. I was looking at some before and after pictures on Faxel and thinks that the marks in those images are pretty similar to mine.

vbeam is the one i was given, needed more than 1 treatment to completely get rid of em.

make sure you wait at least 6 months until skin has healed from accutane onslaught

during this waiting time do this and it will help and make you feel better

- use a gentle cleanser like cetaphil BUT once your skin starts getting oilier (it will after

you stop accutane), start bringing in an exfoliator to use once a day too.

- dont shave, grow some stubble or a beard and trim it with beard trimmers.

this wont irritate skin, looks good AND will not make you go super red

- apply differin on the odd spot that does come up (i got a few 3-4 months after finishing accutane)

thats it really, peace