Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JavaSmith

Soothing/Calming face wash with Benzoyl Peroxide?

I'm looking for a cleanser that contains something like Chamomile, Jojoba, Fever Few, or Licochalcone to help calm down irritated and red skin, but I also need it to contain some Benzoyl Peroxide to keep my acne from flairing up.

There are TONS of calming cleansers with Salicylic Acid - every major brand has one now. Sadly, I personally am Allergic to SA, and I've also seen my friends actually break out more when they use it.

I've been mixing the Benzoyl Peroxide and the Jojoba oil from this site with Eucerin Redness Relief Cleanser and it has been the absolute best thing for my skin, but its expensive to keep buying all three and the Eucerin cleanser is painfully hard to fine. My skin does not react well to moisturizers or anything left on it after a shower (even the BP treatment from this site will have my skin oiling up if I apply it directly), so I really need a simple, gentle, only-what-is-needed cleanser to keep it healthy.

Has anyone seen a cleanser containing Benzoyl Peroxide that has some soothing ingredients - Or even just one that DOES NOT contain Menthol or any other "tingling" ingredients? BP is harsh enough on its own, it doesn't need "skin tingliners" to make it worse lol.

Edited by JavaSmith

I'd love something simple like that too! The only BP Cleanser I've even seen is the one from Clean and Clear that's loaded with menthol and irritates the hell out of my skin. If it was just the same cream without the menthol I would probably love it though, because once the redness goes down my skin looks really nice and clear.

If you find one let me know!