Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyanon_girlx

I won't even bother, because this holds me back.

I'm pretty sure at points in your life, you all have felt reluctant to try to pursue the person that your heart is set on because of your acne.

Let's discuss how much we hate this.

You'd date that guy or girl in a heartbeat, but your acne holds you back and you just know they won't like you because of your acne. So, I'm wondering, why even bother? Why not just save myself the humiliation?

But I wish I could do it and go after them. If I had clear skin, I would so go for it.

And I know some of you will probably say things like... "Just go for it. If the person is worth it, they will like you for who you are, not your skin."

But I think it's just human instinct to also take someone's looks into account when considering them as a potential girlfriend/boyfriend. It's just cruel human instinct to judge someone or shun them because of their acne. So chances are, he will not be able to see past the acne scarring. The guy after that won't be able to either. And the guy after that. And the guy after that.

Guess we'll just have to wait until my skin is rid of acne scars to satisfy my heart's desires.

This pretty much blows.

Edited by heyanon_girlx

you have to take life's ups and downs, believe me when I say that in a relationship the persons face is the last of your problems. Its the mental problems that alot of people have that you should worry about.

My boyfriend started dating me when my chin was COVERED with nodular acne, and has stuck with me for two years while my face has become covered in dents. He's very intelligent and attractive too. I talk about how much my skin bothers me sometimes, but he says he has no idea what I'm talking about most of the time and doesn't notice my skin.

Pro tip: Go for nerdy boys. ;)

Hey, I hear you.

It is hard (and I can't take my own advice half the time), but you need to focus on what is great about you. I'm talking about the things that don't really change, like having insight, empathy, being a good listener, etc etc. Whatever it is that is cool about you. Some relationships might start with a physical attraction, but it is the other things you bring to the table that actually make a relationship work and hold it together. You need to let yourself believe that you have other more important things to give.

xo

How about dating people who have acne like you? Just because someone has acne, doesn't mean that they are unattractive. I knew a guy in high school who had really bad acne, but he had the most charming smile. Plenty of girls swooned over him. If you date someone else who has acne, you'll have common ground, and you can encourage and support one another.

i can never find anyone with acne lol, im only guy in my college :'( (except for other guys)

Acne is quite common, so I'm sure you'll eventually find someone. I'm dating someone with acne, and not to toot my own horn, but we are both attractive. =)

I understand completely and Ill be honest, im only admitting this here, and typing (Saying it only once) but my boyfriend and i have dated on and off for years... years... im now almost 30 and when we first started dating and when he first fell for me 10 years ago I had maybe one scar on my face from acne... now both cheeks are COVERED. and honestly, somedays, i feel like hes still in love with the old face... and quite potentially the girl i was then... happier, more outgoing because i wasnt embarrassed to wear a pony tail to the bar or go out without foundation on and just mascara ;) A little part of me wonders if I didnt have this scars on my face, that u see every time we do anything outside, etc. If he would have asked me by now to be together, forever... but I know, deep down, when those little demons stop talking the nonsense that thats completely not true.

Enough about me, what im tryin to say is, ive wasted about 6 years of my adult life, hell my 20s, worrying so so so much about things I can not control... We have no say in how we look, yes we can enhance things etc but what we can control is WHO WE ARE and what we have overcome to find that person. Love yourself, find that inner strength that carries you, that drive that pushes you, and that person you want the world to see behind the scars... those scars will dissappear if you allow them to... I am FINALLY taking my own advice, regretting I let YEARS OF MY LIFE slip away...we can not control what we look like, but we can control what we do... Go after that guy, make him fall for YOU, inside and out :)

And take one of the other readers advice - trust me, the nerdy guys, LOVE YOU... they respect and cherish you as an individual and find the good inside. Ive dated a lot, a lot of different types of guys and I found my way back to my boyfriend because he was that one... that one that loved me unconditionally and hes, handsome but hes also a nerd! a computer engineering, smart, makes good money, NERD! hehe

Good luck, find yourself, and throw away the negative thoughts!! :dance:

People get so obsessed with their own skin that they don't even think about other peoples!

Just dress smart, brush your teeth a lot, get a fancy hair style, wear nice aftershave and walk with a swagger and a huge grin on your face.

If you focus on all your negative aspects, you will neglect all the things about you that you can improve on.

So take a good hard look at yourself and see what you can improve on.

People aren't just attracted to good looking people... they are attracted to people who look the best they can look..... so just look the best you can!

Hello gentlemen. Acne does not matter in our lives. People will not be conscious of your looks. I am acne-free and nothing changed! Life's still the same as usual. Whether or not you have acne, life will be the same. Well, actually, you'll have more confidence and you no longer need to hide. As a result of all this, if you have acne don't be depressed. Move on! Just move on. :(

People say I am nice. To be honest, I am. :) I try! I think I would rather have acne than be me..

I am shy, so quiet, not outgoing... let's say that I am kind of a nerd. I want to fulfill my future dreams: To be become a nurse ( RN). I don't care about money. I just want to help people and learn something new virtually everyday from them. Pretty sure I will hear something different everyday from that particular job.

Good luck guys!!!! I am happy, even though I am a loner. :)

Edited by EddieE

Confidence is key.

Confidence will outshine your acne.

I have a girlfriend because I went for it, I really wanted to have her in my life and I just told her before I met her (We had been talking online.) that I had bad skin problems and she was like: So? Doesn't everyone get to that point in life?

And yeah, we've been together for 3 months. Not too long of a time, but that's more than I would have had if I let acne hold me back.

I give up on being the first to like someone.

I would probably wait for someone to express interest in me first before i get my hopes up and to only get that crashed in the end.

I give up on being the first to like someone.

I would probably wait for someone to express interest in me first before i get my hopes up and to only get that crashed in the end.

Forget dating, I dont even let myself get remotely close to the opposite sex. I do not feel at all comfertable in my own skin, so to speak. How could I ever give myself to some one else????? Just doesnt seem possible. I cant imagine anyone liking me on more than a superficial level, if it even got that far. Im 24 and Ive never even let myself hold hands with someone! Now thats sad.

I really have zero confidence. I dont want to be alone forever, but im sorta resigned to the fact that I most likely will be.

Yes, right, why waste your time "so going for it" only to get rejected, especially if you could just use that time staring at yourself in the mirror, crying and chanting, "Why me? Why me?" Over and over again until your face turns blue?

Forget dating, I dont even let myself get remotely close to the opposite sex. I do not feel at all comfertable in my own skin, so to speak. How could I ever give myself to some one else????? Just doesnt seem possible. I cant imagine anyone liking me on more than a superficial level, if it even got that far. Im 24 and Ive never even let myself hold hands with someone! Now thats sad.

I really have zero confidence. I dont want to be alone forever, but im sorta resigned to the fact that I most likely will be.

That is just not possible. I know things don't look that great now, they don't for me either if it helps. I get in this pattern of thinking too, but it doesn't feel comfortable and I try not to fall into that type of thinking. It will happen for you, one day everything's going to change. Just be patient.

I'm 24 as well and maybe I'm foolishly stubborn but just because right now I might not have the best skin that doesn't mean it's going to be like that forever. And I just cannot seem to convince myself that I'm never going to be legitimately in love.

I think my acne definetly holds me back

A couple of weeks ago a guy asked me out and he was an alright guy and we had fun but i just didnt feel comfortable with my acne AT ALL. I couldn'r get why he could like such a person with a disgusting face so i broke it off :/

now i just sit around and do nothing...

Well.

Huh.

Uh, this is embarrassing but I've never dated a guy.

I'm 19.

I mostly do NOT flirt/like anyone unless they open up to me.

Even then I don't think it could ever turn into a relationship.

Idk I'll prob be alone forever. I don't really let people get to know me.

I don't even like looking people in the eye sometimes.

Afraid they'll look at my face too long /:

I just feel too depressed sometimes to care.

Mostly I am a happy-go-lucky, crazy-weird kind of person.

Haha I'm a low self-esteemed optimist.

Ima freak.

I think I need to see a therapist or something xD

(:

PEOPLE JUDGE YOU. :|!!!

simple as that. Not just for acne.

But for big noses, big ears, small eyes, yellow teeth, braces, freckles, the list could go on forever.

Acne is just VERY visible on the face, so it makes people self-conscious.

So, yeah. Acne holds me back for sure.

I hate people that judge.