Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meheh

anyone else feel uglier WITH makeup on?

Every time I wear makeup, I just feel fake and ugly. Like people are staring at my eyeliner and weird eyeshadow instead of just looking at me. I even feel weird wearing mascara - I only wear it if I've slept two hours and my eyes are two sunken pebbles in my face.

Anyone else like this?

**raises hand*** This is exactly why I threw out the foundation. I look back at pictures and it confirms that I look better without than with. Luckily I have some honest people around me that confirm that.

just saying this from a guys perspective, I think women look like 50x better with little or no make up. All those models and girls who are always made up don't look any prettier than one without.

I found that I can't stand wearing a ton of makeup. First of all, it's better for your skin to go more natural. I still wear makeup, but this is what I do:

1) I NEVER use a brush to apply my makeup, just very well cleaned hands (wash for 60 seconds w/ antibacterial soap).

2) I apply mix my foundation (which is heavy coverage) with my moisturizer half and half, then conceal.

3) I make sure my application is extremely smooth but even with concealing, it never completely covers everything. Blemishes are 90% less visible (smaller ones not visible at all) but the natural differences in my skin tone (not from scars but that every human has) are still somewhat visible.

4) The rest of my makeup is pretty natural. Sometimes I like to wear heavy eyeliner, but never in black-always in brown. I never wear lip makeup (I wore chapstick to my prom) because I like to let the natural pink of my lips shine through. I also always wear blush, but I blend it in to make it appear as a natural flush. Blush also helps red marks on cheeks blend in better ;]

Honestly, most people don't spend a whole lot of time scrutinizing every imperfection on your face like we do to ourselves. The most important thing is to go as natural as possible, hold your head up, and smile biiiig.

:]

And about girls looking better without makeup-I totally agree. I'm not interested in girls like that, but I think most girls look amazing without any makeup on at all. That's why I don't wear clown makeup ever.

I always used to feel like that, but not with my eye makeup. Me and makeup had a love/hate relationship. When my face was really bad last year I wouldn't even attempt and when I went out without any on, people would look at me, but I just pretended it was because they thought I was really pretty hah :) It's all about the way you chose things to affect you.

But I love make up when I choose to wear it, not need to wear it.

Yeah makeup sucks balls. ^_^

I still wear it though and waste a ton of money on a new one like everyday, thinking that it won't break me out or look or feel gross. The problem for me is that it looks great when I put it on in the morning, but by the end of the day I look like a mess.

I don't wear lip stuff either, just clear chap stick. Sometimes eyeliner but usually not mascara, since it looks weird because I have light eyelashes.

I just wish I was brave enough to not wear anything :trooper:

My goal with makeup is not to look real or natural, it's to look how I want to look, natural or not. Hahaha. If I was trying to look natural I wouldn't be wearing hot pink eyeshadow right now, or for that matter, have hot pink hair to match. Haha. I don; mind it but I started out when I was about 10 and have gotten good at it, if I may say so myself, so it actually looks good on me now. Yeah in the beginning it looked bad because I didn't know what I was doing, ha.

Edited by postfetalphase

^Sort of how I feel, minus the pink eyeshadow, lol. I wear eye makeup because I want to, and enjoy applying it. I like the look of how my eyes look with it on. The only thing I don't like having to wear all of the time is foundation. The upkeep from the beginning of the day til the end of the day is tedious.

Not to offend anyone here, but make-up does have a factor of skill in it. I only feel comfortable saying this because as an art student whose spent years learning to paint, I still find painting on my face more difficult than creating a photorealistic portait.

Simply wearing it does not make one look better, especially if you don't know how. (again, I only say this because of all the mistakes I have made) If you wear the wrong shade of foundation, or a very unflattering colour, or just don't really know how to apply it and make it looks smooth, you can be sure it's not going to look good.

As well, not a lot is really required. You pick a feature you like and enhance it, while drawing attention away from flaws. It's the same way with clothes: pick ones that flatter your figure.

I certainly don't mean to say that make-up is necessary, or that one even needs to wear it. But with practice it can have its time and place like everything else.

Not to offend anyone here, but make-up does have a factor of skill in it. I only feel comfortable saying this because as an art student whose spent years learning to paint, I still find painting on my face more difficult than creating a photorealistic portait.

Simply wearing it does not make one look better, especially if you don't know how. (again, I only say this because of all the mistakes I have made) If you wear the wrong shade of foundation, or a very unflattering colour, or just don't really know how to apply it and make it looks smooth, you can be sure it's not going to look good.

As well, not a lot is really required. You pick a feature you like and enhance it, while drawing attention away from flaws. It's the same way with clothes: pick ones that flatter your figure.

I certainly don't mean to say that make-up is necessary, or that one even needs to wear it. But with practice it can have its time and place like everything else.

It most certainly does make someone look better, i have seen the most ugliest girls, put on some makeup and look stunning, make up is truly amazing.

I feel disgusting with makeup on. It feels like I'm wearing a layer of crap on my face, but I wear it because my acne is just so bad. I dunno how to describe it. On the outside I look great with makeup on, but inside I feel gross because my face doesn't feel clean.

Not gonna lie - I'm pretty good with applying makeup and stuff (I'm a huge makeup junkie too) but I feel like applying makeup on bad skin is kind of gross - especially because I have so many scabs on my face.

Lately I've stopped wearing any makeup so that's that... but I'm starting to think about just wearing eye and lip makeup, and skipping any face related makeup (ie foundation, blush, powder...)

I admit that makeup makes me feel more attractive, but I HATE the feel of it on my face. Absolutely hate, and I take it off the second I get home.

It makes me feel caged. I like just washing my skin and letting it breathe. Damnit acne :(

I admit that makeup makes me feel more attractive, but I HATE the feel of it on my face. Absolutely hate, and I take it off the second I get home.

It makes me feel caged. I like just washing my skin and letting it breathe. Damnit acne :(

Ditto to that. I feel and look hell of a lot better without acne on my face too, but maintaining foundation, concealer, and powder is a pain and it feels gross :hand:

I wish I could go without make-up. Didn't wear make up for the first time in three months at my new job the other day and everyone kept saying I looked tired and did I have a huge night the night before. Erm.. thanks guys!!

I adore makeup.

To be completely honest, my skin feels WAAAAY cleaner when I DO have it on.

I use makeup that doesn't break me out, a foundation, and a loose mineral powder that mattifies my face and blends and covers better than anything in my opinion. The powder is key, it seals up the foundation so it doesn't run or shine, and I've had many people say how it looks like I'm not wearing makeup! :D It just has to be the right colour and blend well, that's why i love loose powders.

Then with my eyes, well, I just think it's fun to wear dark kohl and play up features and have fun sometimes. Most times I do a simple half outline of the outside of both top and bottom lashes. And mascara. It's simple, and looks great. Then I fill in my eyebrows a little with some eyeliner or eyeshadow.

I'm an artist myself, so I think of it in a way of foundation and powder preparing the canvas, then drawing in the features to complete the piece of art.

I wear makeup no matter where I'm going, it's a ten minute EVERY SINGLE DAY thing for me. Even when I'm sitting around home in sweatpants i wear makeup. It's just like putting on clothes or brushing hair or making my bed to me.

I enjoy wearing makeup when I go out. I just feel more put together and bright. At home I don't really care to put it on because I like to let my skin relax when I can. But I don't think makeup is such a bad thing! It certainly doesn't have to look clownish and women and men have been wearing it for thousands of years.

just saying this from a guys perspective, I think women look like 50x better with little or no make up. All those models and girls who are always made up don't look any prettier than one without.

yeah but sometimes you won't believe how some women look without makeup. they rely on it so often that the face underneath is rarely seen and then when she takes it off it's like. Whaaat? O_O

none of you guys and gals can deny this =P

---

but makeup is great. it makes women feel like women. what is not to love? hahaha

I think it makes sense that some people feel uglier with foundation and concealer on because in a way the act of applying it is a reaction to the way one already feels about their skin...the idea that it has to be covered up because it's ugly. If you're putting it on to cover what you think looks bad, then naturally you would feel worse when you wear it because it's a reflection of your mindset that there's something bad to cover. That might not make sense to anyone but what I'm getting at is that wearing coverup is correlated with feeling a need to cover which is correlated to feeling ugly. It can certainly be a choice though and as someone stated before, it's more fun when you choose to put it on, not when you feel that you have to. I don't think anyone should have to, but I think in the end we all make the choice that makes us feel best. If you truly thought you looked worse with it on, you wouldn't wear it.

I'm just referring to face makeup by the way, not eye, lip, etc. I personally only wear mascara because in my opinion I can only pull off a heavy eye when my skin is clear. Otherwise I think it clashes with the heavy coverage needed on blemishes. I think I look better without eye or lip makeup anyways. It's all really a matter of personal preference ;)