Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jay326

Wheatgrass, Psyllium Husk, Liquid Chlorophyll?

I bought a jar of wheatgrass and psyllium husk from the vitamin shoppe.

I was wondering if anyone had any input on these? Good experiences, bad experiences, what it did in terms of your skin?

I've done the basic research from Google and whatnot but just looking for more information.

The wheatgrass smells horrible and from what I've read, also tastes horrible. Is there a certain juice you can mix it with to make the taste more bearable? Also I'm not really sure if I need the psyllium husk, it's only use is for fiber, right?

Also anyone who has something to say about liquid chlorophyll, I'm very interested.

Any input is much appreciated, thanks!

Edited by Jay326

Not sure if you read my thread, but yeah Iv'e been taking wheatgrass for the last month or so. I take it twice a day and yes it tasted horrible at first and I had to mix it with juice, but now I'm used to it and actually kind of like it. I'm not sure if its effected my skin, but Ive been in a good zone the last month so it could. Ive also been tanning, which i have to say has been great, Iv'e been getting a lot of comments about how healthy and different I look, by people that haven't seen me for a while. I know people say its bad fro redmarks in the long run, but the way I see it that is only if you stop tanning, which is something I don't see my self doing for the foreseeable future. Anyway thats a whole other subject, but yeah wheatgrass is good stuff.

Wheat grass is good stuff! But to get the most out of it, you should get a wheat grass juicer so you can extract all the nutrients. Be careful with it though, its potent stuff!!! I'd start off having 1 oz every other day for a couple weeks, then build up to everyday and go to 2oz and no more.

Psyllium isn't necessary at all. It acts as a bulking agent in your stomach and causes you to basically wanna crap all day. Lots of people think they are expelling toxins and doing their bowels good with the added fiber, but FAT is actually the BEST source of fiber. If your having trouble doing the deed, your better off adding in flax seed to your routine over psyllium. Also make sure you drink more water than normal because psyllium can constipate you badly if your dehydrated. This is because it sucks a lot of liquid out of your system once it passes through (hence the bulking agent).

Why are you using psyllium Jay? Are you constipated?

PANIC

Okay well thanks for all the advice so far =)

Am I constipated? Eh...lol. For many years now I've not been regular. I'm not sure why. I take a fiber supplement incase that was the problem but even with that I still don't go everyday, maybe once a week. I've gone up to 3-4 weeks without going...(I know, that's horrible).

Okay well thanks for all the advice so far =)

Am I constipated? Eh...lol. For many years now I've not been regular. I'm not sure why. I take a fiber supplement incase that was the problem but even with that I still don't go everyday, maybe once a week. I've gone up to 3-4 weeks without going...(I know, that's horrible).

Are you serious??!!!! Wow dude, you've got some MAJOR digestive issues if that's the case and that is DEFINITELY a major contributing source to your acne.

Lots of people think if you don't go once a day that means your constipated, which isn't true at all. Hmm off the top of my head I would think a parasite issue and digestive issue are at the root of your problem.

PANIC

you should look into doing ab work outs

move your gut around

it can help in many ways trust

What would you suggest I do, Panic?

I'd suggest going on a anti-inflammatory diet ASAP to help heal your gut. Also you need to strengthen your immune system with some good vitamins to boost up your body's ability to fight off infection.

Just out of curiosity, do you get colds or sick often? Are you super skinny and find it hard to gain weight? Unless your starving yourself you definitely might have a parasite issue.

If you answer yes to those questions I'd also buy some Garlic pills or if you can stomach eating raw cloves with your food and start cooking your food with virgin Coconut Oil and eating a few tbsps a day.

You'll most likely feel a little crappy for the first few days to week, but then you should feel a renewed sense of energy.

For diet recommendations I'd follow AlternaVista's hypo-allergenic diet or a anti-candida diet for best results. Just make sure you limit sugar intake as much as possible, preferably eliminate it.

The good news is you can definitely get better and your skin will clear up, I can guarantee that. But the tough news is its going to take time, at least a couple months. However if you religiously stick to this diet and take all the vitamins you will see results within a month.

PANIC

I don't get colds or sick often but I am super skinny and it's pretty much impossible for me to gain weight. As I said in the email, unfortunately I don't have the luxury of just buying anything and everything in hopes it helps my acne and right now I can't buy anything. So I guess I'm looking for natural things to help out.

I've tried an anti candida diet. I found it did help a little bit but not enough for me to stick with it. I got alot less inflamed red bumps but I still got whiteheads.

Your whats called an ectomorph, usually classified as a person who is naturally skinny and finds it very hard to gain any weight at all! im the same way, but since ive been going to the gym religiously for the past 3 months ive seen great improvments not only in my weight gain but in my health to! =) all the sweating involved in working out works as a great toxin reliever. then again i was on Muscle tech nitro tech whey protein for 2 months and that was great and now im creatine for abit and im pree sure this is what upped my weight haha =P anyways hope it owks good for ya

Anyone have thoughts on liquid chlorophyll? From what I'm reading online it seems amazing, especially for someone like me that hates to eat vegetables. It lists a bunch of things it does and it seems like it would be a really good thing to take for skin.

I drink liquid chlorophyll everyday

I dont know if it changed anything for me

maybe helps with red marks but i also drink aloe vera juice with it

Does it taste bad?

if you dont have a job by the time your 20 and live with your parents than yeah

And you just...drink it straight? Or put it in water or what?

no first you get a job than you get your own appartment ..than you drink it ..until than dont even bother