Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can anyone recommend me a good moisturizer with spf 15 or greater that doesn't contain avobenzone? Here is a little history on my skin. I have mild acne and very oily skin, and right now I am using Dan's regimen. I have been using it for about 3 or 4 weeks, kinda lost count. It has worked very well for me so far. The only problem is, I hate the moisturizer. Even though I have really oily skin, I also have somewhat sensitive skin, and I find that after putting on the moisturizer it leaves me with very red/tan looking skin and a very burning sensation. It even makes my pores look bigger around the red areas. And it lasts all day. For now, I had to switch to Aveeno's moisturizer with spf 15 which reduces redness. So far that has worked but it has avobenzone and I am starting to notice a little breakout. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. And also, I am thinking about getting AHA but I would like to know when you apply it during the regimen and what store I can get one.

I would recommend Eucerin Hydro Protect with SPF15, its a thick cream and takes a while to absorb, but hydrates brilliantly and is non comeogenic. Not certain but I think you can get it in North America.

I would recommend buying Dan's AHA online. You can use it as a moisturiser or as a spot treatment. However, I would wait until your skin has calmed down before starting to use it - have a look at the info on AHA on the FAQs before using : http://www.acne.org/faq.html

Thanks! You said I could use the AHA as a moisturizer. Is it ok if I put the AHA on 1st, and then add a moisturizer with spf after applying AHA, when I want to go out?

I really like the TARGET brand UP & UP.

In the OLAY section of face lotions they'll have Target brands next to them.

One - It's cheap like 5.50

Two - It's supposed to be the knock off for Olay Complete SPF 15 Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin, but it contains ZINC OXIDE instead :)

It's super light, non greasy, absorbs quickly and doesn't clog pores. Contains all the same ingredients of the Olay brand. expect the sunscreen is better.