Notifications
Clear all

what has cleared me 99% in one week!!!

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/20/2004 3:31 pm

ok everyone, i have stumbled upon something amazing recently, so bear with me, its kind of a long story. i think some of you have read my posts, im a 20 year old female whos been suffering with bad acne for almost 10 years. i have been on anti biotics for almost 10 years as well, which turned into a nightmare.. eventually i became immune to most anti biotics, as ive been on most all of them for acne, an each time i would attempt to go off the anti biotics the acne (that i should have genetically grown out of, as my brother an dad did) got majorly worse. what once was just huge white heads became horribly painful cystic welts under my skin, on top of the huge whiteheads that always scar on me. so basically, i have been on anti biotics for ages, and even on the anti biotics, my acne was so chronic it would never clear me totally. i have tried spiro, which worked beautifully, as my acne is very hormonal.. (my break outs are most severe on the mid/lower cheek areas) but due to hairloss issues, i had to stop spiro, and i cant take b5 or spiro or anything that blocks androgens, which is horrible.. because they worked so well. I have tried MANY things for my acne over the years, including most anti biotics(mino tetra erythra keflex bactrim). i have used ALL of the topicals, retinoids, etc, with best results coming from tazorac. Ok fast foward to now, about 2 weeks ago i read on this forum about 'red' who had used an awesome homeopathic pill for his acne/ oilyness. homeopathy is safe, so for some unknown reason, i decided to take a leap of faith and GO OFF my anti biotics for a week to try this stuff out, in hope to finally find a safe alternative to antis. Well needless to say, 4 days into the treatment, it didnt work for me (but i beleive in homeopathy).. an my face was horribly oily and the cysts were beginning to come up. So i stopped the homeopathy, and decided i would try my best to find a natural treatment for my acne. so i began taking lots of essential fatty acids.. in the form of evening prim rose oil an flaxseed oil... these are good for acne.. but cant handle scarring cysts/ whiteheads like i have.. so i also drastically changed my diet as well... and then *THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART* lol i remembered something i read late one night while doing research on my hair. I was reading a hair loss forum, specifically a thread about 'folliculitis' now i dont even have folliculitis, so i dont even know why the heck i was reading it. the thread was about natural ways to treat folliculitus, and what had helped people. (folliculitis is alot like acne, its inflamed pimples on the hair follicles, usually from hormones). So i read about this woman, who claimed she cleared hers 100%! (yea right i thought) she claimed that an old jewish woman told her TO NOT DRINK ANYTHING RIGHT BEFORE YOU EAT, AND NOT DRINK ANYTHING FOR A WHILE AFTER YOU EAT. she stated at the end of her post that it would help kids with acne.. so i laughed, thinking to myself how cruel she must be.. to lead people on with acne, because this was obviously WAY too easy. But at that point, i was getting 5-6 new cysts everyday, nothing was holding it back, so i thoguht 'what the hell? ill try it for a few days' i had found this information about 2 months ago.. an tried what she recommended in the post, she said to not drink anything 10 min before you eat, not drink anything during the meal, and not drink anything for an hour after you eat. i tried this for a day or 2, didnt notice a change.. so i never tried it again. Now, last thursday, i decided that i was going to try this, STRICTLY. When i woke up that morning, i ate something healthy, and did not drink anything for 2 HOURS after i ate, and i would make sure i had not drunk anything for 2 HOURS BEFORE i ate. Basically i put myself on a schedule. (ie: wake up at 8am and eat, drink loads of fresh water at 10 am, eat again at 12, drink loads of water at 2, eat again at 4, drink loads of water at 6, eat again at 8, loads of water at 10 ) the lady i read about said that you would notice results in 2 days.. SHE WAS RIGHT. by the end of the second day, i looked at my skin, an noticed i DID NOT GET ANY NEW PIMPLES ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! since then.. it has ONLY GOTTEN BETTER.. I HAVE GOTTEN NO NEW PIMPLES SINCE SATURDAY NIGHT.. the pimples i have are drying up, and NOTHING IS COMING BACK.. i follow the diet/ drinking schdule RELIGIOUSLY! an i am getting NO MORE ACNE. in about 3 or so days my face will be about 100% clear of acne.. this has been a MIRACLE !!!!!! PLEASE anyone with acne, TRY THIS,, i have NEVER seen anything like it.. i have GONE OFF ALL supplements, vitamins an medications !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL i do is follow my diet an drinking scedule, an honestly i dont think the diet has ANYTHING to do with it. its all about NOT DRINKING ANYTIME NEAR THE TIME YOU EAT.. my acne was almost SEVERE, and it leaves SCARS. and now it is almost completely GONE in 5 DAYS!!!!!!!! sorry for all the punctuation.. lol.. but this is a HUGE thing for me.. i use NO topicals. (except BP to continue healing the last few pimples i have left) please everyone.. give this a try, its UNBELIVABLE..i am going to email the woman that wrote the message soon.. and THANK HER for writing about this, how i stumbled across it i will never know, maybe god was looking over me that night smile.gif so please give this a shot folks, especially you girls who have hormonal acne!! i really hope this helps you guys, as it has me. if you have ANY questions.. please PM me anytime!!

Heres what i Do

-Wake up an eat at 8 (grilled chicken an a veggie) drink NOTHING

-drink NOTHING until 10 am, drink as much as you can, preferabbly water!! (i usually drink 4 large glasses, and do NOT eat ANYTHING until 12!!!)

- i eat again at 12 (salmon with a salad) drink NOTHING (drink nothing again until 2!)

-at 2 i drink another 4 glasses of water (i got one of those PUR water filters on my kitchen faucets, its AWESOME) eat nothing until 4!

-at 4 eat something.. smoked turkey an a veggie or salad (again drink NOTHING until 6)

-at 6 drink another 4 glasses of water (again no eating anything til 8)

- at 8 you can eat again (when i say eat, it doesnt have to be a full meal, it can be a simple snack, JUST DONT DRINK NEAR THE TIME YOU EAT)

-at 10 drink another 4 glasses of water.. so basically thats what i do.. eat first thing.. drink 2 hours later, eat again, drink 2 hours later.

THIS HAS WORKED AMAZING FOR ME!!! but you have to be STRICT. i am a firm beleiver in a healthy diet, but honestly i dont think this has anything to do with diet, so continue eating what you want, just schedule when you are going to eat or drink, if you have to write it down, i do smile.gif now if you can.. try to drink water..it helps alot..

what im taking

- NOTHING!!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

what i use on my face

- wash with panoxyl bp soap once a day an dab BP on the few pimples i have left

thats all i do.. if you guys are very strict about this.. i think you should notice that you arent breaking out anymore by maximum 4-5 days. this treatment doesnt seem to make them go away faster, BUT IT KEEPS NEW ONES FROM COMING.. i have about 6 tiny pimples left, that are going away fast, i have had one new pimple since saturday. please try this everyone.!!!

good luck!!!

caroline

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 07/20/2004 3:43 pm

Good for you!

What makes you so sure it is not diet? You sound like you have the perfect diet!

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/20/2004 3:47 pm

because i started the diet only like 2 days before i did this water regimen as i call it. an ive gone on this same diet numerous times during my 10 years of acne.. an yes it helps.. but it never clears me like this...an even if diet is going to work, it usually takes a few weeks.. so im thinking it is this water thing im doing. im consulting with a naturalpath, an i told him all about this, an he said its because the water flushes out our 'digestive enzymes' an that if we dont drink near the time we eat.. all of our food can go where it needs to go smile.gif hope you are doing well emma! smile.gif

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 07/20/2004 3:52 pm

I am doing well, thank you.

I'm glad to hear you are so happy! biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@doopie)

Posted : 07/20/2004 3:56 pm

Yah.--drinking while eating only slows the digesting process down. It's really funny to read that, because I don't usually drink anything while I'm eating, anyway. But now I definitely know not to do it. Thanks, Caroline, smile.gif.

MemberMember
(@chloe646)

Posted : 07/20/2004 3:59 pm

fantastic that you found something that works for you, truly hope it continues! Hmmmmmm, i haven't noticed it affecting me much, I snack A LOT, but for me drinking more water has helped and adjusting diet....perhaps your digestive enzynmes, stomach acids are naturally low/weak or have gotten that way? and thta's why this is especially helpful to you...But now that i think of it, i rarely drink much liquid during or after a big meal anyway so this could be yetanother reason why my skin has been behavin'

great news for ya!

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/20/2004 4:05 pm

i think its very possible my digestive enzymes are low, due to all my anti biotic use.. so thats very probable.. smile.gif.. its so weird now.. iwake up every morning an run to the mirror, expecting to see new cysts.. sad.gif.. an now.. i get no new ones..its crazy.. but very welcomed smile.gif.. the other night i was feeding my horse.. an he stomped his foot to get a fly off of his leg, splashing muddy water all over me an my face.lol smile.gif... an the other day olive oil popped up on my face while cooking.. i got no new break outs from any of this smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

MemberMember
(@chloe646)

Posted : 07/20/2004 4:16 pm

I'd also taken antibiotics a long time ago (ony minocyline tho) pretty long term>for a year or two on and off)...but I do think the body can recover to a degree from it>it could also be that maybe inadvertantly you were used to drinking a lot of liquid right before and after you ate...i know i had a bad habit of constantly touching my face and drinking almost NO water the past few months (I mean NO water, like a glass would be rare, yes I can be a negligent dumb ass at times, haha) and changing that had really decreased the clogged pores and oiliness that I was having lately>I sometimes think those "old wives tales" and simple advice may just be the best advice out there at times!!!

MemberMember
(@24-hour-revenge-therapy)

Posted : 07/20/2004 4:21 pm

Caroline, that is awesome. I am really happy to see that not only have you cleared your skin, but found a ridiculously easy way to do it. Thanks for sharing this with everyone. I remember reading your other post when you were having really rough times. You did it! I knew you could.

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/20/2004 4:26 pm

thanks so much 24 hour, im a long way from getting well.. but this has been a HUGE jump in terms of my health.. smile.gif

MemberMember
(@nightkid)

Posted : 07/20/2004 5:40 pm

good for u caroline! it's great to see people finally finding their solution to acne!

now just one question about it: what if u eat soup as ur meal? do u suggest not eating soup anymore, cuz technically, u are drinking liquid.

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/20/2004 5:44 pm

night- thats a great question, an i forgot to talk about that.. that is tricky, because technically that is eating, yet it is like drinking something as well.. the same with things like yogurt an ice cream i think.. if theres anyway you can try an stay away from stuff like that.. i really think this will help alot of people.. because nothing helped me.. just try an stick to solid food types i think smile.gif the only thing about this ive noticed.. it didnt really help my oil much.. but im gonna try the oil tracy uses.. shes got a good point.. we do need to add in some oil.. hope that helped!- caroline

MemberMember
(@nightkid)

Posted : 07/20/2004 5:46 pm

night- thats a great question, an i forgot to talk about that.. that is tricky, because technically that is eating, yet it is like drinking something as well.. the same with things like yogurt an ice cream i think.. if theres anyway you can try an stay away from stuff like that.. i really think this will help alot of people.. because nothing helped me.. just try an stick to solid food types i think smile.gif the only thing about this ive noticed.. it didnt really help my oil much.. but im gonna try the oil tracy uses.. shes got a good point.. we do need to add in some oil.. hope that helped!- caroline
MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/20/2004 5:48 pm

ohh and.. i think that the time intervals im using (2 hours) will only be temporary. once i get to the 2 week marker for doing this.. if im still really clear im going to do what the lady said to do.. make sure u dont drink anything 10 min before you eat.. an dont eat for 1 hour after.. alot easier, but i think in the beginning, especially if your acne is bad like mine.. be very strict with it...ohh and you will get thirsty.. but honestly u get used to it.. an usually about 15-20 min after i eat the thirst subsides.. so its not a big deal -caroline

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/20/2004 5:51 pm

its just something she rubs on her face that helps oil.. ill have to find the link.. tracey if you out there maybe you can give some more info on it.. but basically the idea is.. if u have oily skin.. u actually need to moisturize, because when ur skin gets dry.. it spits out alot more oil trying to make up for the dry skin.. so if u use a non comedogenic oil or moisturizer on ur face.. it really helps.. i personally have had great results with cetaphil for dry sensitive skin.. on an for internal.. evening primrose oil an flaxseed oil are a good combination for acne

MemberMember
(@cynic)

Posted : 07/20/2004 5:57 pm

Hmm...

Glad to hear this has worked for you, Caroline.

I'm sceptical though, I have to say. It seems 2 hours (!) after you eat is a really long time, I'm always thirsty - could never manage that, I don't think. You reckon 10 minutes before/10 minutes after might help?

It sounds like a strange 'cure', but hey, if it works, it works.

MemberMember
(@sjo)

Posted : 07/20/2004 6:25 pm

It sounds just too ridicululously simple....

Like you, I've had acne for about 10 years and, like you, I have scarring from it. I've tried just about every goddam method there is, from antibiotics to Roaccutane to naturopathic remedies. the only thing that worked was Roaccutane but, guess what?Liver damage.

I've been on this cream callled Differin now for about 5 months. It dries the hell out of my skin like Roaccutane, *seems* to be kind of effective, but I still get new pimples. And they're big buggers too.

I suppose my question is, can I still use Differin and this freaky water cure too?

Second question - what about alcohol intake?Do you reckon you have to avoid beer etc. too? Because I think I am that desperate!

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/20/2004 6:56 pm

cynic.. yes 2 hours is a REALLY long time, but this time frame was not what is recommended.. its just what i think you should do until you acne gets under control, THEN do what was recommended, which means just simply dont drink anything 10 min before eating, an wait 1 hour after eating- i wouldnt drink any sooner than that.. because the food has to be fully digested.. so give it the hour. and to Sjo- you can use ANYTHING on your skin youwant.. you can take whatever supplements you want.. just follow the water interval regimen strictly for a few weeks.. then i think its safe to ease into the 10 min- 1 hour method i mentioned above.. my mentioning of no topicals was basically to point out that because of this, i no longer need them.. an on the beer.. i think you should lay off it for 2 weeks while giving this a shot, its definitely worth it.. an try to drink water if you can.. but i think eventually it will definitely be ok to drink beer etc.. smile.gif

MemberMember
(@scotty_g)

Posted : 07/20/2004 10:03 pm

That's pretty good caroline. I don't think the not drinking is helping the most though. It's also the diet whether you believe it or not. You diet list looked pretty good to me. I've known about the not drinking "rule" for awhile now. I follow it pretty much all the time. I guess it helps lol. I'm doing so many things though.

MemberMember
(@lumas)

Posted : 07/20/2004 10:57 pm

Ive been following this rule since i was like 14 because my mom told me not to eat and drink at the same time. I wait about an hour as thats how long it takes for food to be digested. It hasnt done anything for me. Ive seen many people on raw food forums who have acne and follow this rule too. It definately wont cure acne.

MemberMember
(@24-hour-revenge-therapy)

Posted : 07/21/2004 6:43 am

Didn't it just cure someone on this forum?

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/21/2004 8:47 am

i agree 24 hour.. i mean i know it souds way to easy, but at this point im easily 98-99% cured, with no signs of anything coming back.. i dont know why in the world this is working for me, i just hope it can help some others as well. And scotty_g- i beleive diet is good as well, but u have to understand i started the diet the day before i began doing the water thing. ive been on the diet like 6 days now..lol.. an i do think a good diet works, but it'd take a miracle for any diet to clear cystic acne in 6 days.. tongue.gif

MemberMember
(@lumas)

Posted : 07/21/2004 9:42 am

It would take a mircale for this so called "cure" to get rid of acne in the two days as you stated. I just really dont like when people start screaming cure when they dont have acne for a week or two. Ive seen so many people on other forums say ive been cured by taking glucoman and zinc and every other pill, but then 3 weeks later they say they are getting the same acne and looking for a new regimen. If you dont get pimples for two months while doing this, then maybe you can say you found your "cure".

MemberMember
(@denise2)

Posted : 07/21/2004 10:40 am

I hate to say this, but I agree with Lumas. Not trying to detract from your happiness, but I havn't drank with my meals for about 12 years, and it didn't do anything for my acne (though I believe it DOES help digestion).

MemberMember
(@ritzvin)

Posted : 07/21/2004 2:27 pm

It would take a mircale for this so called "cure" to get rid of acne in the two days as you stated.AA I just really dont like when people start screaming cure when they dont have acne for a week or two.AA Ive seen so many people on other forums say ive been cured by taking glucoman and zinc and every other pill, but then 3 weeks later they say they are getting the same acne and looking for a new regimen.AA If you dont get pimples for two months while doing this, then maybe you can say you found your "cure".