Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

:D I am 32 year old woman and I have acne scarring EVERYWHERE...Fortunately my skin is pale so the scars are not that noticeable from a distance. But upclose I'm a mess... The scars have no pigment coloration anymore. Idealy I would like to have all the pigment "turned off" to have no real "color" on my face. I am going to an esthetician who works inside a dermatologist office tomorrow to get my first treatment of microdermabrasion. She will use 8% hydrquinen ( I know that was mispelled) Will this help lighten my helped pigmented skin? As well I want to know about laser resurfacing on acne scars...I do not have ice pick scars...these are just flat non pigmented skin...HELP please.

PS I had 2 blue peels in the past w/ very limited success.

Never had dermabrasion done - so I wish you well with that.

I've had two laser sessions - and they worked great - big difference to my skin.

I hope your derm can point you in the right direction - recommend whats best.

gush tomato.....does laser really effective improve scar.....can it at least make the scar less noticable by 70%? i wish to have laser but afraid it is wasting $. :D

Yes - the hydroquinin (spelling?) will definately help - it is used for discolouration and if you try and buy the stuff from a retailer, it is only 2% - so 8% should work fine for you. Good luck sweetie. X

gush tomato.....does laser really effective improve scar.....can it at least make the scar less noticable by 70%? i wish to have laser but afraid it is wasting $. :)

I don't know about 70% - I'd say mine are better by maybe 50% - but believe me, I'm delighted with the way my face looks now, so it has been worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

Thinking about it - yeah, maybe my face is better by 70% - I can now look in ANY mirror without recoiling in horror - the only thing that still beats me are dark windows.