Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cool-n-confused

How bad are my scars and what treatments are best?

How bad are they? Im young do you think they will heal on their own?

I'v been on 6 months of Retin a and i think retin a has caused this but am not sure ....

what shud i do? can retin a reduce scar aappearance?

what scars do i have? (icepick?)

post-103720-1272407013_thumb.jpg

post-103720-1272407013_thumb.jpg

That is mild scarring. While it is noticeable, most people overlook such minor scarring. One's own imperfections always appear much worse to that one person. You could look into needling the small icepicks, else I'm not sure what treatments you could use. I'm considering using a TCA cross on icepicks I have but I have pale skin and am not sure if this would be recommended for your skin complexion. Maybe others with more knowledge of the other scar treatments can help. If you do decide to needle the scars, I recommend using lancets to needle the individual scars and not a dermaroller as that needles healthy skin, but it's up to you if you want to risk it.

Honestly, the best treatment is NO treatment. Treating scars is not fun, easy, or without risk. You have such amazing skin that I think most people on here would kill for. I had to reallly search for what youre talking about..get off this board and enjoy life :D

Honestly, the best treatment is NO treatment. Treating scars is not fun, easy, or without risk. You have such amazing skin that I think most people on here would kill for. I had to reallly search for what youre talking about..get off this board and enjoy life :D

I agree with `Lisa14, your scars looks mild though, just let time heal your skin, trust me in the next two years your scars wont be that noticeable.

Avoid putting harsh chemicals as it may cause you more break outs and scars. be gentle and love the skin you have now for you never know what will happen in the next few mos or years.

My boyfriend has never had a pimple in his life - No joke - (we've been together for 3 years and the closest thing to a pimple I have seen on his face was the minutest white head on his nose that actually went away in a couple of hours..i hate him)

And any way he has scarring almost identical to yours on his cheeks from various boy related injuries like skate boarding and basically just rough and tumble.

What Im saying is that your scarring is extremely minor, probably will heal up even more and I doubt anyone would really notice it.

Even better, you are acne free, have a lovely skin tone, and are a handsome dude. Smile!

thanks alot everyone for replying. I think its the camera angle so my scars doo look a little worse then this on the wrong lighting setup. Its so weird that I feel super bad about my skin even tho I know most people here have worse skin and would love to be in my skin.

I dont think I have the strength to build confidence if my skin gets worse....which is why im scared that i might be single 4 life. Maybe i got more scars because i used retin-a too harshly ... so now i will just use as tiny as possible.

Anyways thanks again for the ego boost n i seriously hope somone invents something to fix this all for us.

you got no scars dude. seriously.

i'm trying pretty hard to not call you names, troll and flame this thread right now.

but I'll def say this, if you have self-esteem issues, penis enlargement pills might help !

Edited by usacc

Your scarring is not bad at all. In fact, they don't even look like scars lol. I'm sure nobody notices them. Lucky you! But if they really bother you, I'm pretty sure they'll fade away on their own. You can exfoliate your face more to speed up the process. You're cute with or without scars.

, i must liook like an ogre to you i bet.

dont worry ablut it, it aint barely anything there, looking good

That are scars for you, ha that is nothing. You are a man, you don't need to be perfect .. unless. ...

:naughty:

Just take care of your skin so you don't have more scars.