Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Driftwood

Whats the best mascara

Hello

I recently lost make up bag and I'm now replacing everything but I cant seem to find a good mascara that I really like. I'm mostly looking for one that gives a lot of length. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Driftwood

For length, I really like Loreal's Lash Out, although even for drugstore pricing they can still easily be near $7 to $10 depending on where you get it. Does add a lot of length -- someone once even asked if I were wearing false lashes once when I had used it. (My natural lashes are quite long, so this made them look really extreme.)

Not sure what anyone else has tried, but I think the Lash Out is actually pretty similiar to the mascaras from Lancome and Dior. Hope that helps. smile.gif

If you are in Canada...I really really like

Marcelle Healthy Lash (grey Tube)

does not flake or smudge

try here for GREAT suggestions on ANY product out there!

you have to join...but it's free...and let me tell you...

every single product out there is reviewed and

picked apart from everyday people...

I have found some really great skin saving ideas there...as well

as recommendations for hair and makeup stuff too.

Makeup and Skin Reviews

If you want a natural clump free look then I highly recommend Neutrogena's Wax-Free Volumizing mascara. It darkens and thickens my lashes, not too dramatically, and it seriously is clump free! My lashes feel very light from it. I don't use it anymore because it didn't thicken my lashes enough for me, so instead I use mark.'s Scandalash mascara which does a great job of thickening.

Guest Tracy
For length, I really like Loreal's Lash Out, although even for drugstore pricing they can still easily be near $7 to $10 depending on where you get it.  Does add a lot of length -- someone once even asked if I were wearing false lashes once when I had used it.  (My natural lashes are quite long, so this made them look really extreme.)

Not sure what anyone else has tried, but I think the Lash Out is actually pretty similiar to the mascaras from Lancome and Dior.  Hope that helps.  smile.gif

Guest Tracy

It's not the best. It leaves black smudges under my eyes by noon. sad.gif

Lash Architect sucks - so don't use that. Voluminous was pretty dramatic and didn't seem to smudge.

Guest Tracy

Thanks, Frances!!

Any other suggestions? Anyone?

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Tip: To clean out those lumps in your eye lashes....just hold a toothpick horizontally and try to clean it gently, like blink your eyes so your eyelash would brush against the toothpick.

Ok i'm bored, I got the tip from the Glamour magazine (don't ask!)

Does mascara really make a big difference? I've never worn mascara, it scares me.

(Thanks for the tip Obi. :lol: )

I like mascara because it makes my eyes *POP*

It used to scare me because I couldnt get it to look right, Id use too much and itd clump a lot. But now that I can get it looking good, I love wearing it when i go out. smile.gif

For length, I really like Loreal's Lash Out, although even for drugstore pricing they can still easily be near $7 to $10 depending on where you get it.  Does add a lot of length -- someone once even asked if I were wearing false lashes once when I had used it.  (My natural lashes are quite long, so this made them look really extreme.)

Not sure what anyone else has tried, but I think the Lash Out is actually pretty similiar to the mascaras from Lancome and Dior.  Hope that helps.  smile.gif

Hey V, does it give you racoon eyes by the end of the day? I'm looking for a new mascara and I always seem to have this problem. I've been using Full N' Soft by Maybelline....which never gives me racoon eyes, and it's great for daytime use....but I'd like something a bit more dramatic for night time that won't leave black smudges under my eyes a few hours after I apply it.

What about that new mascara from Revlon (I think)?

It comes with a lash primer for length on one end, and the mascara on the other.

Has anyone tried that?

I agree that lash architect is not good at all.

I hear that MAC's prolash was great, but it smudged on me.

L'Oreal usually has pretty good mascara, but I am hooked on my Lancome Amplicils.

It is pretty spendy at $20, but it is such good stuff!

It curls, lengthens and thickens.

I don't have problems with clumping or racoon eyes from it.

L'Oreal owns Lancome though, so maybe one of theirs is the same product.

I think that good skin (the toughest to get!), mascara and lip gloss are all you really need.

So, I am willing to spend a little more on the mascara, becuase I almost never wear other eye products.

smile.gif

Um..double extend from Loreal is the best mascara ever! It makes your eyes look awesome!! i get compliments constantly about how long and full it is. In reality my eye lashes are not long nor full. I've tried every mascara out there because well I'm obsessed with makeup. If you want to get mouth dropping results get double extend. And no it will not make you look like you have turantula eyes.

Guest Tracy
Um..double extend from Loreal is the best mascara ever! It makes your eyes look awesome!! i get compliments constantly about how long and full it is. In reality my eye lashes are not long nor full. I've tried every mascara out there because well I'm obsessed with makeup. If you want to get mouth dropping results get double extend. And no it will not make you look like you have turantula eyes.

I usually put eyeliner with my mascara so I can't really say if it gives me racoon eyes. But in the heat, it stays on pretty good.

I have Very Oily skin..sooo..mascara used to give me raccoon eyes, too.

Until I tried RIMMEL (in Black)...it is the one that costs only $1.98 at Wal-mart.

I couldnt believe a mascara ...so cheap, would work so well..!! biggrin.gif

It is comfortable, doesnt clump , no flakys, doesnt bother my contact lenses,

no racooning and two coats build to Wonderful looking eyelashes...

What more can ya ask for...? LOL tongue.gif

For the price ...it would be worth a try. biggrin.gif

Guest Tracy

I have Very Oily skin..sooo..mascara used to give me raccoon eyes, too.

Until I tried RIMMEL (in Black)...it is the one that costs only $1.98 at Wal-mart.

I couldnt believe a mascara ...so cheap, would work so well..!!  biggrin.gif

It is comfortable, doesnt clump , no flakys, doesnt bother my contact lenses,

no racooning and two coats build to Wonderful looking eyelashes...

What more can ya ask for...? LOL  tongue.gif

For the price ...it would be worth a try. biggrin.gif

Guest Tracy

WOW!!!

I'm really loving this Rimmel mascara!!!! And I can't believe it was only $1.98!! It doesn't smudge at all!!! I am super impressed!! It's so much better than the Maybelline Full N Soft I've been using cause that mascara fades by the end of the day. This stuff is cheaper and soooo much better!! AND IT DOESN'T GIVE ME RACOON EYES!!!

Great recommendation!! Thanks, Brighteyes!!

I was hoping the Rimmel mascara would work out for you ...just like it did for me.... smile.gif

I am happy MY mascara search is finally over...LOL

Pretty nice...to find something Soooo....cheap that works Sooo....Well !! LOL tongue.gif

YOUR WELCOME ...and GLAD TO HELP! biggrin.gif