Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey all!

what do you say?? any normal makeup remover will be harmless for skin having acne or does there exist some special makeup wipes for people like us?

please do guide if you have any information at all.

thanks in advance

For most makeup, a gentle facial cleanser is all you need. I have never in my life used a separate makeup remover.

If, however, you wear one of those long-wearing types of foundations that require their own special remover (I affectionately refer to as paint thinner) then you may need to use the special remover (gently!) and follow with your usual facial cleanser.

Dan also says that jojoba oil may be useful as a makeup remover. Just follow with your facial cleanser.

Hope that helps.

I react badly to pretty much any kind of oil (even jojoba, etc). Of course, you might be just fine with them, but another option is petroleum jelly. My skin breaks out at every chance it gets, but this doesn't phase it. It sounds like the most comedogenic thing ever, as thick as it is, but it has a comedogenic level of 0. I take a dab, rub it between my hands, and then lightly massage it into my skin. Remove everything with a cotton round (or two) and wash as normal.

:]

I never knew petrolelum jelly removes makeup! That could be handy...makes sense I suppose!

I use Purpose cleanser and it's really effective at removing my foundation (Revlon ColorStay), which is pretty impressive. Baby oil also works very well but I have never used it regularly so I'm not sure how comedogenic or not it is

baby oil also sounds harmless as baby products seldom carry hard chemicals. SO i will better try that and very first thing i am going to try tonight is the Petroleum jelly. I never imagine it could be used for this purpose too :) its so inexpensive too

baby oil also sounds harmless as baby products seldom carry hard chemicals. SO i will better try that and very first thing i am going to try tonight is the Petroleum jelly. I never imagine it could be used for this purpose too :) its so inexpensive too

I use dermalogica special cleansing gel as my face wash which removes all traces of make-up too. Its very gentle.