Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tgr

"Are you wearing makeup?!"

i'm male and i sometimes use a concealer and i sometimes use the regimen so it's happened to me. Has anyone ever asked you if your wearing make-up or foundation or anything to cover your acne/marks/scars? if so, what did you say?

Tgr

"If you are going through hell, keep going"

Guest fatman_uk

When i used to use concealer i got asked a few times an jus sed it was tinted moisturiser, lol.

Or even, jus say that the acne medication has burnt ur face a bit. No1 made a big deal outta it when i mentioned an acne med, it aint as if u can hide the fact u've got it so maybe it relieves some tension between ppl if they admit their problems while remainin cool, like it doesn't bother them. :D

-Gaz

i have used concealer many times to cover red marks in the past. Only time i ever got asked was by a girl on a date, she just said hey it looks like u got a bit of makeup on. She didnt make fun or nothing and then she said my skin was really looking clear now so i thought who cares lol

Apart from that no one has ever made a comment, i don't think using just a bit to cover marks or whatever it 2 noticable anyway.

Adam

The only close comment was when I was buying a concealer at WalMart and an old lady working there said aloud "Is this for you?" haha I shrugged off and said "No" and she looked at me and shook her head -meaning yes it is for you . Haha..I felt so stupid. Plus the concealer wasnt registering in the scan so she was waving it back n forth and I was hoping the ppl next to me wouldnt see it. But no no one has commented and Im always scared someone can see the concealer. Im always checking in different shades and lights how it looks :oops: God help me find a real concealer ! :D

bobo,

just noticed you said you wanted to find a "real concealer"

You should try Christian Dior Smoothing Anti-fatigue Concealer. Its the best I've tried, and believe me, I've tried everything. It even conceals my dark under-eye circles, and trust me, those bad boys are dark! You have to get it at Sephora or Nordstrom ,etc, but you can also order it off sephora.com... this way you wont have to deal with those annoying WallMart ladies :D

bobo,

just noticed you said you wanted to find a "real concealer"  

You should try Christian Dior Smoothing Anti-fatigue Concealer. Its the best I've tried, and believe me, I've tried everything. It even conceals my dark under-eye circles, and trust me, those bad boys are dark! You have to get it at Sephora or Nordstrom ,etc, but you can also order it off sephora.com... this way you wont have to deal with those annoying WallMart ladies  :D

Thank you so much Daisy...I do hope your right...I will have faith in you and check it out 8)

i one time wore concealer to school to try it out. then after lacrosse practice my face was sweaty and it was all coming off and people were like "you were wearing make up haha pussy" and i was like chill yo. the acne med discolors my skin.

but now i use a tinted moisturizer and it looks very real and doesn't get cakey, it's called Nivea Visage Tinted Moisturizer. i put it on over my actual moisturizer and rub it all in.

a friend asked me if I was wearing makeup and I gave him this dirty look and said "thats a wierd question to ask a guy.." and he didn't say anything after that. :roll:

i just said "...no..." lol but it was only on the days when i put too much on. if i just use a little bit, it looks real.

the trick is to remember that if you put so much on that your skin looks perfect to YOU when you look in the mirror, its gonna look fake to everyone else. lol but if you put an amount on that let's YOU see a few blemishes or whatever, other people most likely won't notice them.