Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Time_traveler

Accutane log ( well Claravis :P ) - DONE!!!!!

So I'm pretty much new here, so first I wanna say Hi to everyone who reads this !

Breif background : So I'm 23 currently in college studying computer programming. I started to have acne around 15 or 16 back then it was mild acne on face ( Mostly chin ) white heads only and also on my back as I got older my acne got worse, especially on back. My parents never did anything cause they believed it was just puberty at its max ( well I did too ). However I started to see more and more acne on my back not so much on my face because I was using medicated products like B. Peroxide and salicylic acid. But for some reason I never did anything to help my back, well now at 23 my acne has gotten worse both on my face and back. Previous treatments have helped my face a little but not my back so about 1 week ago I was prescribed Accutane. I hope that this drug will help me in clearing up my acne and build my self-esteem and confidence to what it once was.

I will post pics of my current state ( although I feel embarrassed to do so :redface: )

post-127889-1272338272_thumb.jpg

post-127889-1272338324_thumb.jpg

post-127889-1272338272_thumb.jpg

post-127889-1272338324_thumb.jpg

Edited by Time_traveler

Good luck, man! :D Definitely post some pictures, because there is no shame on here. Plus, you'll want to go back and see your progress when you're a couple months in.

Love your username, by the way.

Good luck!

Thanks ! :dance:

Good luck, man! :D Definitely post some pictures, because there is no shame on here. Plus, you'll want to go back and see your progress when you're a couple months in.

Love your username, by the way.

I guess I will post them since I know I'm not alone :)

Day 1 for me too man! My derm actually suggested I take the pills with milk, so you should be good.

I don't think it's bad to take it with milk but I'm pretty sure the Claravis directions say to take it with a full glass of water and a meal but I'd have to double check that. I would suggest this anyway because you want to make sure you drink lots of water. By day 5 or 6 you'll probably be real thirsty all the time anyway so it shouldn't be too hard. I'm on day 15 myself, so I'm not too far ahead of you. When I drink my water just chug a full glass rather than doing the water bottle thing just to get it over with, quick and painless. Maybe invest in like a water pitcher w/filter, I have one and I use it all the time because I hate the taste of tap water and don't want to buy water all the time. Good luck!

Edited by callmeamack

Day 1 for me too man! My derm actually suggested I take the pills with milk, so you should be good.

Thanks for the info :) and good luck!

I don't think it's bad to take it with milk but I'm pretty sure the Claravis directions say to take it with a full glass of water and a meal but I'd have to double check that. I would suggest this anyway because you want to make sure you drink lots of water. By day 5 or 6 you'll probably be real thirsty all the time anyway so it shouldn't be too hard. I'm on day 15 myself, so I'm not too far ahead of you. When I drink my water just chug a full glass rather than doing the water bottle thing just to get it over with, quick and painless. Maybe invest in like a water pitcher w/filter, I have one and I use it all the time because I hate the taste of tap water and don't want to buy water all the time. Good luck!

My friend told me I should drink a ton of water, guess I'll be going to the bathroom alot in the coming weeks :lol:

Good luck! I am on my third week of accutane. This is my second time on the medication and already i am noticing that my face is less red (along with the usual dryness and other minimal side effects). My acne is not so bad but my derma wanted to put me on the medication again because my seborrheic dermatitis improved so much during the first treatment. The downfall is that my condition is chronic so it eventually returns. im always going to have the redness and flaky skin, regardless of getting rid of my acne. Anyway, the reason why im saying this is because this medication is awesome. Youre going to love what it will do to your skin. Dont be ashamed because were all in this together. Keep your chin up and again, good luck :D

Kind words thanks ! I was kinda afraid of this medication at first but after going through almost a universe of logs I see that medicine really works wonders , I just hope I dont get the nasty side effects :naughty:

Also, clever username lol :whistle:

I'm not sure about the PanOxyl question (don't know what that is...) BUT with the headaches you might be dehydrated. I suffered from headaches for a whole week thinking it was the accutane (well it kind of is) but then i just drank alot of water, and soup (broth) and i instantly felt alot better - headaches went away! So its worth a shot! Keep yourself very hydrated and hopefully headaches will be gooone :dance:

I'm not sure about the PanOxyl question (don't know what that is...) BUT with the headaches you might be dehydrated. I suffered from headaches for a whole week thinking it was the accutane (well it kind of is) but then i just drank alot of water, and soup (broth) and i instantly felt alot better - headaches went away! So its worth a shot! Keep yourself very hydrated and hopefully headaches will be gooone :dance:

Been chuggin a whole lotta water :)

PanOxyl is a medicated soap to help with body acne its has 10% Benzoyl P. , I'm just wondering since I'm on accutane I should stop using it now. :ninja:

Day 3 - Woke up and no headache ! :) I have this cyst that is much smaller than yesterday maybe thats the medicine beginning to work. Also my skin has gotten much more oily than usual :ninja:

Day 5 - My lips are dry now :( , and I guess I'm going through the IB as well, hope it doesnt last long.

Btw is Cetaphil a good moisturizer ?

Edited by Time_traveler

Wow!! I'm glad to see you are already getting symptoms!! I am only on day 2 but I am definitely already noticing dry lips. Thank you Burt's Bees. I have been drinking ungodly amounts of water too. No headaches yet though :) I hope everything goes well for you and don't ever be ashamed to put up pictures!!! In 4 months you'll be able to look at those pics and say that WAS me... take that acne!!

Wow!! I'm glad to see you are already getting symptoms!! I am only on day 2 but I am definitely already noticing dry lips. Thank you Burt's Bees. I have been drinking ungodly amounts of water too. No headaches yet though :) I hope everything goes well for you and don't ever be ashamed to put up pictures!!! In 4 months you'll be able to look at those pics and say that WAS me... take that acne!!

In 4 months thats what I'm hopin for :D!

Keep us informed bro good luck man. hows your back btw?

Thanks. We'll there are some spots where I'm beginning to see some progress.

Day 5 - My lips are dry now :( , and I guess I'm going through the IB as well, hope it doesnt last long.

Btw is Cetaphil a good moisturizer ?

Cetaphil is a good moisturizer, I actually have two that I use right now. I have one with SPF 15 which I use during the day and on the nights when I am going out somewhere, because it has more of a matte finish. I also have Cetaphil Advanced Hydrating which is a newer product which is very hydrating but makes you look a little shiny but I use that at night. The advanced hydrating one comes in the big bottle like the cleanser but the SPF one I only found in 8oz which kind of small, don't know how long it's going to last.

Edited by callmeamack

I'm on Clavaris too. (:

I started April 23rd. So it'll be interesting to follow your log and see how progress goes~

I'm only on 20's right now.

Cetaphil is a good moisturizer, I actually have two that I use right now. I have one with SPF 15 which I use during the day and on the nights when I am going out somewhere, because it has more of a matte finish. I also have Cetaphil Advanced Hydrating which is a newer product which is very hydrating but makes you look a little shiny but I use that at night. The advanced hydrating one comes in the big bottle like the cleanser but the SPF one I only found in 8oz which kind of small, don't know how long it's going to last.

Thanks for the info. !

I'm on Clavaris too. (:

I started April 23rd. So it'll be interesting to follow your log and see how progress goes~

I'm only on 20's right now.

cool were not that far apart in terms of when we started :)