Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IndoleFive

Any suggestions?

Hey guys.

I've been battling acne for a couple of years now. I've tried ProActiv, Doxycycline, Blue light treatments, Retin-A, Epiduo, Acanya, just now starting Ziana, and some random topical solutions/suspensions containing erythromycin and clindamycin.

I had some great success with Doxycycline/Acanya/Epiduo + Blue light treatments, but the effects of the latter seemed to have worn off only 3-4 weeks after my last treatment, and here I am again with another breakout.

My CURRENT regimen consists of washing in the morning with Cerave, putting on my Acanya, waiting up to 15 mins depending upon how much time I have, and then applying Neutrogena's Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion (w/ titanium dioxide.) 2-3 hours later, if I will still be out in the sun, I cleanse again and reapply my sunblock. Continue as needed.

At night, I cleanse for the last time and then apply Ziana. Previously I had been using epiduo, but since my acne returned I was prescribed Ziana instead. I was also prescribed some medicated BP wipes to use when I wash my face.

I'm weening myself off of the Doxycycline now (breakout was before this), and fear that my acne will get even WORSE once I'm off of it. I just can't handle the issues it's causing anymore, though; I've been on the stuff for over 6 months now.

Anyway, enough history. I'm asking if you guys have any suggestions regarding my regimen or possibly an addition to the routine. I'm willing to do anything. I'm so tired of this crap, I just want it to end.

Obviously, because I had success with the blue light treatments, I'll be pursuing those again. However, I was thinking... are those hand-held blue light devices a worthwhile investment? If I could skip the visit every 2 weeks and just do it at home at my own convenience with similar efficacy, I think I might just die.

What ELSE could I do? Is it really advisable to be using two clindamycin suspensions per day? Should I try tea tree oil? Should I exfoliate in ADDITION to the retinoid? Different cleanser? I'd like to try Dan's regimen, but I fear that if all of these prescription drugs could not help, how could OTC meds possibly compare?

I think that's enough for now.

Thanks in advance for any help you provide me with! It's great to know that there are fellow sufferers out there that not only understand my issue, but are willing to look past it.

Edited by IndoleFive

I think you should give Dan's Regimen a try. I was skeptical at first, too, because I had also used a lot of different prescription medications for my skin, both topical and oral. I never got to the Accutane level, but let's just say I've spent more than enough money at the derm's office. The saddest part is, none of these prescriptions worked for me. At all. So when I came across Dan's Regimen I honestly thought it wouldn't work either. I was at the point where I was convinced that I was destined to have bad skin. But after trying the regimen and sticking with, my skin really started to improve. It's not perfect (whose is?) but it's so much better than it was six months ago. BP can be tough for your skin to get used to, but after a little while you won't know why you didn't try it sooner. I can honestly say that the Acne.org regimen is the best out there, and I wish I had found it when I was younger. So to sum it all up: give it a try. Do the regimen for at least 3 months, and I promise your skin will look better. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen eventually.