Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

biggrin.gif Hello! I'm new to the board. I'm 21 years old and I have acne. I think it's moderate. But my mom is always like no it ain't that bad. Well to me it is, I think she's just trying to make me feel better. Anyway it started when about about 15 I believe and really got bad aroudn 16. Then several months ago I thought I was finally out growing it or something and it's been breaking out pretty bad in a certain area. And then when it clears up and almost goes away, it does it again somewhere else on my face. This past Sunday I finally ordered Proactiv to try. I don't know how many times I was going to order it but never did. I can't wait to get it and try it. I hope it works for me. I've read stories about people saying it work, as well as I heard it didn't work. I've had people tell me that it may make my face worse before it gets better but it will only last about a week and then get cleared up and stay cleared up. I really hope it helps. There used to be this stuff I got from Walmart (it was the 3 piece system as well) called "Pro Acne" and it worked wonders for my face, I loved it and made sure I didn't run out. Well all the sudden it was gone. And they come out with this other stuff that was supposed to be the same (I dont' remember what it was called) But it wasn't! And it didn't work. Since then I've went back to trying random stuff and no luck at all! I was having good luck with Clean & Clear Products. Currently I'm using Nutrogena. To me it looks like something has just feasted on my face sad.gif I have literally tried about everything!! You name it... I've tried it! I haven't been to a dermatologist. I don't have any insurance and I don't see what they would do. My sister had some pads from a dermatologist that helped on her. She let me try them and they did NOT work. Well.... any advice for me ANYONE???

Browse the messageboards.

You will find good info from people.

You may want to check out forums on active acne more than this one on scarring.

Good luck with your struggle everyone here understands.

smile.gif

If you go to school, you can visit the school doctor and she can prescribe you some type of acne medication, perhaps doxlcycline or accutane if needed.

I wash with 2% salicyclic acid and use 10% benzyl peroxide on impending breakouts (just starting up). Hopefully you don't have scars, which would make life more miserable.

btw, i wished i visted my school doctor much sooner. They don't have an ulterior interest in having you come back again and again, so you won't get crap advice that only marginally improves your acne.

It just depends on your skin. I started using Proactiv when I was 14 to 16 and I realized I was still getting my breakouts every month. So, I started using Mint Mask Queen Helene and wash my face with Biore and my breakouts are not as bad. I use the mask morning and night, leave on for 15 mins, rinse then wash my face with the biore soap, and my face feels so clean every time. Just know that price does not matter or how popular the product is, what matters is what works on your face.