Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*B*

Long lasting foundation for a night out

Sorry i know this kinda question probably gets posted a lot. I have my MayBall (prom) in one week, and I'm looking for a new foundation that I can wear that night.

I have oily, acne-prone skin also prone to dry patches where blemishes have been. I'm currently using La Roche Posay fluid corrective foundation, its the best coverage i've ever got from a foundation but it is quite thick, it helps cover my scars and blemishes. But by the end of the day it's dry and very patchy, it just looks awful! I don't expect to get a full 10 hours wear out of it at all, because no foundation ive tried has ever looked very good by that time, but this one in particular kind of, separates on my face.. and just looks so dry. I don't mind wearing it in the day tho, for a few hours, because it covers up so well. It's just not good for a night out.

I live in the UK, does anyone have any recs on a new foundation i could try? One that hopefully wont break me out either, with medium+ coverage.

I've searched and searched on the internet but just get so confused and I'm so conscious about my skin, I have my ticket for the ball but keep thinking if i should go or not because I don't want my face to look like a complete mess. I know that sounds vain but it would be really nice to feel comfortable with my skin for once :shy:

I have Revlon Colourstay, which i really like, but noticed that i get blackheads on my cheeks whilst wearing it, which sucks.

I used to use MaxFactor Latsing Performance but since then my skin has got worse (scars and pimples) so it doesn't provide enough coverage for my liking anymore, although i really do love it :/

I've never used a powder, I prefer liquid foundation, especially with the dry patches on my face.

Primer helps foundation last longer right? Will it dry my skin out in the end though? I own Gosh Velvet Touch foundation primer.

Thanks in advance, x