Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trebb

Problems - Need advice.

So I'm on my second round of accutane. I'm 19 now, and took it from my sophomore into junior year of high school. It kind of worked for a bit, but it started getting to the point again where the pimples were annoying and hurting my self confidence.

I've had moderate acne for a while, but never anything too bad. I was just tired of it. I'm about a month and a half into my second treatment, and it was mainly for my back - my face would go from clear to the occasional breakout, but nothing bad.

On Tuesday I started noticing some new pimples forming on my face. No big deal, right? I figured it was just the initial breakout still being a pain in the butt. Wednesday morning I woke up and there were spots ALL over my face. Some were even just red lines. I freaked out and got really upset...I didn't go to class at all and only left my dorm for food.

I thought it was from shaving, because I shaved (with an electric razor) three days in a row, when I usually only do every three days. The spots were all where I get facial hair, so I figured it was from that. I stopped shaving all week and although it looked a little better, it never got to the point where I wanted to leave my room.

I shaved again yesterday, but even before that, I was still getting these bumps. Sometimes the 'head' of them is really tiny, but the red spots around them are HUGE. And they itch! These are really weird pimples. I've dealt with acne for a while and never seen pimples like this. They scab really weird and all that.

I'm thinking it might be everything I'm taking - I take a multivitamin, Zyrtec D, accutane, and sometimes at night I take melatonin pills to help me sleep. I'm going to stop taking everything but accutane and eat really healthy and not pick at my face and drink a ton of water and see what happens.. but I can't deal with this. I sat in my room and cried all Friday night. I'm so tired of acne.

Like I said, before I started this treatment the problem wasn't my face. It was my back, which I can hide.

Attached are a picture from about a month ago, and then two pictures I took last night..

Like I said, this is really frustrating. I don't want to leave my room but I can't skip class forever. Someone please help. :(

post-127830-1272262118_thumb.jpg

post-127830-1272262131_thumb.jpg

post-127830-1272262145_thumb.jpg

post-127830-1272262118_thumb.jpg

post-127830-1272262131_thumb.jpg

post-127830-1272262145_thumb.jpg

Edited by trebb

I can't. I'm at school, 2 and a half hours away from home. I had my mom call him, but he said he can't do anything without seeing me first.

Edited by trebb

Possibly an infection of the hair follicles?

Look into folliculitis. I'm saying this because you said you are breaking out where you have facial hair.