Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoveGreenSmoothies

Ladies (and men) on spiro!

Do NOT donate blood while on spiro! I am guessing -- could be wrong -- that maybe the recipient, if they got pregnant, could have a baby with birth defects since spiro causes them.

I'd follow the blood giving guidelines for accutane -- no blood donations until after 6 months.

Oooh, good point. I don't have to worry though. I'm much too faint to donate blood, even getting my K levels tested is hard...I have to lay down for bit before I can leave.

Oooh, good point. I don't have to worry though. I'm much too faint to donate blood, even getting my K levels tested is hard...I have to lay down for bit before I can leave.

What is 'K'?

And what alteration produces spiro in 'k'?

And for that it is not possible to donate blood?

K = Potassium. Spiro is a Potassium sparing drug, therefore it can raise Potassium levels.. You're advised to avoid Potassium rich foods such as Bananas, Oranges, Apricots, Avocados, Potatoes, Broccoli, Tuna, etc. while on this drug. I take Spiro 100 mg/twice a day.

K = Potassium. Spiro is a Potassium sparing drug, therefore it can raise Potassium levels.. You're advised to avoid Potassium rich foods such as Bananas, Oranges, Apricots, Avocados, Potatoes, Broccoli, Tuna, etc. while on this drug. I take Spiro 100 mg/twice a day.

Thanks