Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so I have a simple question. For my fellow brothers and sisters that have gotten cysts before and im talking about those huge cysts that look like a marble and they are bright red or purple in some cases. I noticed that WAY before they get to that horrible stage I can sense when a bump on my face will become a cyst. Its something I learned over time and I can even tell when the cyst is really small and not even noticeable. BUT YOU KNOW ITS COMING NEXT WEEK OR THE NEXT. SLOWLY BUT SURELY. I have many pitted scars cause of these pimples and I promised myself i would do everything in my power from ever letting those pimples get to that horrendous final stage ever again and leaving a permanent mark on my face. Then i heard about cortisone shots. Apperently they are very effective for cysts and I was just wondering. If i get that cortisone shot when the cyst is not even big yet, but like I said I already recognize a cyst even when they are super tiny and just forming.... Can i get a cortisone shot in that stage and prevent any type of scarring all together and preventing it from getting any worse? I am talking about way before it actually looks like a big pimple. It might sound like a stupid question but It would help just to get a opinion from someone that knows. Or does it actually have to be a little big before i get the cortisone shot?

maybe. you need to talk to a dermatologist about this because they are usually the doctors that do this procedure. i found that if i mess with the cyst AT ALL, the cyst goes away completely. its when i keep on touching it and rubbing it that it comes to the surface.

I know the feeling. I get super anxiety when I can feel it coming and feel like there is nothing I can do to stop it. BUT recently I discovered something, on an adult acne message board. Try taking Advil or Aleve at the first hint of the swelling. I have only tried this once, and I had to take it for about 3 or 4 days but it stopped the growth before it became too inflamed and then just disappeared.

I guess you could do that, but injecting a full blown cyst with cortisone at its most inflamed stage can help prevent scarring too. Ive had some terrible cysts and right when I saw them I called the derm to get a shot..goes down in 12 hours...no scar. Hurts though. especially when theyre inflammed and sore.