Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
accutaneuser78

Accutane and Hair Loss: A solution that worked for ME

I didn't say Tom Venuto was a scientist; I said he was well-respected and came to the same conclusions as me.

I never said you said Tom Venuto was a scientist. You just seem to take his word as though it's coming from a scientist. And the main point that you're missing is that I don't even put any faith in his "conclusions", and for that matter, yours.

I didn't bother posting any sources because you have already disregarded all of them.

And what sources exactly have I disregarded, pal? Except your muscle-building buddy.

I'll preface this by saying you are in no place to be posting on this thread. You have no idea what I, and some other post-Accutane sufferers, have gone through.

I didn't say Tom Venuto was a scientist; I said he was well-respected and came to the same conclusions as me.
Edited by accutaneuser78

I do not want to get in the middle of an argument here, but I would like to add my thoughts. As a LONG time post-Accutane hair-loss sufferer, I am absolutely delighted to hear that SOMETHING has worked for SOMEONE. I am a 34 year old female and my hair has been falling out by the handful for the last 3 years. It has completely ruined my life - in fact, it has gotten so bad that I have two wigs. I have probably spent at least $20,000 over the last 36 months trying to find anything that would help me get my life back. Pimpstick - as a sufferer, i do not appreciate you screaming at someone who has come back to this board to try and help others. Do not get involved here. There are many of us who are grateful for advice and helpful suggestions.

Take your 8 pack abs elsewhere....

To the post-Accutane sufferers, please post back here at some point. I won't be posting much anymore, but I'm going to stop by every so often to see how people are doing. It would be nice if you could share your input, good or bad, after doing the colon cleanse.

Thanks.

I do not want to get in the middle of an argument here, but I would like to add my thoughts. As a LONG time post-Accutane hair-loss sufferer, I am absolutely delighted to hear that SOMETHING has worked for SOMEONE. I am a 34 year old female and my hair has been falling out by the handful for the last 3 years. It has completely ruined my life - in fact, it has gotten so bad that I have two wigs. I have probably spent at least $20,000 over the last 36 months trying to find anything that would help me get my life back. Pimpstick - as a sufferer, i do not appreciate you screaming at someone who has come back to this board to try and help others. Do not get involved here. There are many of us who are grateful for advice and helpful suggestions.

Hey Gracie, if you don't want to get in the middle of an argument, don't pick sides. I didn't scream (how do you scream on the internet) at anyone, and if you actually read all the posts, I was staying pretty objective and sticking to my one point: don't post a categorical cure for something with nothing to back it up. The OP changed the title of his thread, so at least he listened to me in that regard.

Sucks that your hair is falling out, seriously. But my intent wasn't to harm people suffering with post-accutane symptoms, but rather to help them. What has that 20 grand got you? Do you think throwing away more money on "cleanses" or whatever else is going to help you? This is how scammers get rich, selling false promises to people who are in a desperate situation. I don't think I was out of line asking for some evidence beyond his own story when he said he had a cure for something many people are experiencing...

Hey Gracie, if you don't want to get in the middle of an argument, don't pick sides. I didn't scream (how do you scream on the internet) at anyone, and if you actually read all the posts, I was staying pretty objective and sticking to my one point: don't post a categorical cure for something with nothing to back it up. The OP changed the title of his thread, so at least he listened to me in that regard.

Sucks that your hair is falling out, seriously. But my intent wasn't to harm people suffering with post-accutane symptoms, but rather to help them. What has that 20 grand got you? Do you think throwing away more money on "cleanses" or whatever else is going to help you? This is how scammers get rich, selling false promises to people who are in a desperate situation. I don't think I was out of line asking for some evidence beyond his own story when he said he had a cure for something many people are experiencing...

I want to slap you silly, dunce. "Categorical cure"? Really? You are a dunce for thinking you somehow won because I changed the title. A categorical title would be "A solution for everyone". I said "a solution" which is correct because it was a solution for me. I changed it so that dunces like you wouldn't misread.

Throwing away money? A colon cleanser is extraordinarily cheap. I have not seen any possible solution posted by anyone on the Internet for solving post-Accutane side effects. If it worked for me, and there aren't any other alternatives as yet, shouldn't other post-Accutane sufferers try it? I think you are a dunce even more now, since you keep insinuating I am a scammer. :wall:

And this isn't something "many people are experiencing". We are a small number, dunce.

And you still disregard my bit about how scientists don't know everything. You keep asking for scientific proof, but for such a small minority of post-Accutane sufferers there won't be any studies to point you to.

Here is a way to protect yourself if you think colon cleansers are a scam.

1. Get a full body check-up by your doctor

2. Get a colonoscopy with your gastroenterologist

3. Take the colon cleanser

4. If something goes wrong, go to your doctor to confirm, then sue.

you may want to look into he possiblity of vitamin d counteracting some of the toxic effects of vitamin a, they have some weired relationship like that or so i have read. also zinc has some relationship with vitamin a as well, but i dont suggest taking too much of that.

I suggest anyone who has problems with accutane to have Vit D levels checked esspecially if you have bone or joint problems. Helped me some. The relationship between the Vit A and D are significant.

Same as Vitamin D is also the most important partnership with Vit A and Omega's.

Retinoids, Vit A, Vit D, Thyroid hormones is in a group called the steroid family. This family is known for developing partnerships w/other hormones (such as growth hormones) They all bind to nuclear receptors, meaning they have acess to the nucleus, where they influence gene expression.

When you have either Vit A or Vit D it almost always does so in partnership with Vit A receptor, which binds vitamin A or the omega-3 fatty acid DHA. In the nucleus of the cell, it sits as judge and jury, deciding which genes are turned on and which are turned off. Vit D and its partners Vit A and DHA (omega 3) are conducting the orchestra.

(book written by James E. Dowd, M.D. from Mi Arthritis Institute)

Many suffers can't handle Zinc as it aids Vit A, Also many suffers have had issues with Flaxseed/Omega's since taking accutane. Seems to worsen the effects....

You be amazed at the legnths and things that suffers have done to help allevaite, diminish or just to get through the day...Only thoose who suffer can truly understand.....

Though a colon cleanse may not help every suffer, I am glad it worked for AccutaneUser78.

I know many people on raw vegan diets and they all say their skin improves after cleansing the colon. Some report dramatic improvement. Most go to colon therapists for this. But I also use an oxygen-based cleanser and am very happy with it as well.

I am not an accutane patient, my son is, but I absolutely plan to take this advice to have him undergo a full cleanse when he is done with the regime. Knowing the raw vegans and their situations personally helps with that decision.

As far as diet, I heard someone compare cleansing to taking a shower. Your food is the soap (and this person said raw vegetables and green juicing is best for cleansing, not grain fiber) and the water is the colon cleansing technique itself.

I have been off Accutane (or Ro-accutane, as it is called here in England) now for 4 years. And as some pretty nasty (and sometimes extremely depressing) side effects are still present - and getting in the way of what I want to be, and should be, doing - this page is like a ray of hope for me.

I appreciate the person who posted this in doing so, and have read through this topic. I don't believe you (Accutaneuser78) are a liar, and are doing this with a good heart and the intention of helping people in need, such as myself.

I'm only 19 - Actually 20 in a few days - and if this were to work, it would literally flip my life over.

I just ordered an oxygenated colon cleanser (for about £30 - No dollar sign!?!? England, remember), and will definitely spread the word like CRAZY (!!!) if it turns out to work. I feel like I have been suffering my whole life and would do anything to have things the way they were.

This, I hate to say, is my LAST hope.

*Prays for the first time*

I'll try and come back and let you know how it turns out.

Much love,

Indy :cool:

has anybody else given the colon cleanse a try yet? Im thinking about it but have tried everything under the sun and scared of getting hopes up again just to be let down...would you mind throwing up some pics accutaneuser78??(of the hair that is)

I actually find this comment very interesting, "They also continue to disregard excessive sexual stimulation as a possible factor. They constantly tell you it isn't the cause, but anything that disrupts your hormonal balance can be a contributor."

I have never heard that before, but it makes a lot of sense. Could you elaborate more?

Again, my target audience is people who have suffered post-Accutane side effects long after stopping the drug.

There are two reasons why one would think I'm lying:

1. I could possibly work for these companies. But consider the fact that I have not once publicly endorsed any brands, and that even if I did, how much money do you think I would make off people like us? A truly outlandish claim would be to say "Do the colon cleanse, it will cure your acne!!!" But no, I have never made such a claim.

2. I want to harm people. After reading my posts, do you think that is really the case????

Please, do not listen to dunces like PimpStick. If you were like me and are suffering post-Accutane side effects, I hope you will give a colon cleanse the chance. If you are willing to take an extremely potent drug like Accutane, I don't think you should have any problem with taking a colon cleanser.

i really want to believe this, as im sure all accutane side effect sufferers do. but its really hard not to be skeptical w/ posts like this. why did you wait so long after you had been "cured" to post this?...and the whole reason of this thread isn't for "Do the colon cleanse, it will cure your acne!!!," its supposedly for people who have suffered side effects such as hair loss which is what you indirectly seem to target on...and continuously try to say how we're such a small statistic, which i dont believe is so, and i think you know this too. if you type in accutane in a search, before you can even hit enter "accutane hair loss" comes up all over the screen. I dont want to come at you like this if you're sincere, but you have to understand where im coming from if you really have been through what you say you have. I've tried everything and have become very skeptical of so called accutane cures. i also dont understand why you're so passionate in proving you dont work for a colon cleanse company? you defend youself so strongly which i dont understand, if i were in your position(wish i was!!) i'd say "if you dont wana believe it dont, idc, i came here to inform ppl of what worked for me," but you seem like youre bs'ing to me in some posts...dont get me wrong you're very well spoken(or type-in). i haven't even discarded this as fake as of yet! why dont you throw up some pics of you before the colon cleanse and after? surely you have some pics of yourself w/in that 4yr period, and you could take one of your present self. you told me i would have an intuitive feel for which product was right for me in a pm...which really seemed stupid weird to me?? i really hope this isn't all BS but its really hard not to be skeptical after4 yrs of suffering post accutane side effects(referring to myself here)...but i can't just let you scam people if this has no validity. i hope you understand this. not trying to attack you, just trying to make sure this isn't BS not only for my sake but for other ppl in my boat...and i really dont believe we're as small of a statistic as you think...i want to reiterate that this is not meant to be an attack and i hope you dont take it that way :))))

i really want to believe this, as im sure all accutane side effect sufferers do. but its really hard not to be skeptical w/ posts like this. why did you wait so long after you had been "cured" to post this?...and the whole reason of this thread isn't for "Do the colon cleanse, it will cure your acne!!!," its supposedly for people who have suffered side effects such as hair loss which is what you indirectly seem to target on...and continuously try to say how we're such a small statistic, which i dont believe is so, and i think you know this too. if you type in accutane in a search, before you can even hit enter "accutane hair loss" comes up all over the screen. I dont want to come at you like this if you're sincere, but you have to understand where im coming from if you really have been through what you say you have. I've tried everything and have become very skeptical of so called accutane cures. i also dont understand why you're so passionate in proving you dont work for a colon cleanse company? you defend youself so strongly which i dont understand, if i were in your position(wish i was!!) i'd say "if you dont wana believe it dont, idc, i came here to inform ppl of what worked for me," but you seem like youre bs'ing to me in some posts...dont get me wrong you're very well spoken(or type-in). i haven't even discarded this as fake as of yet! why dont you throw up some pics of you before the colon cleanse and after? surely you have some pics of yourself w/in that 4yr period, and you could take one of your present self. you told me i would have an intuitive feel for which product was right for me in a pm...which really seemed stupid weird to me?? i really hope this isn't all BS but its really hard not to be skeptical after4 yrs of suffering post accutane side effects(referring to myself here)...but i can't just let you scam people if this has no validity. i hope you understand this. not trying to attack you, just trying to make sure this isn't BS not only for my sake but for other ppl in my boat...and i really dont believe we're as small of a statistic as you think...i want to reiterate that this is not meant to be an attack and i hope you dont take it that way :))))

I gave you a vague response because I didn't want to tell you the brand. You seemed skeptical in your first PM, so I just told you to buy any oyxgen-based cleanser that is $25-30. Then you came back with another PM asking the exact brand I used again, so I told you. I've only told about 5 people what brand I used. I'm sure a moderator of this forum could verify this to be true.

I don't know what else to say to tell people that the colon cleanse worked for me, and therefore it isn't a scam when it comes to fixing post-Accutane side effects. I don't have any pictures. If you are one of those people with post-Accutane hair loss, you would know that Accutane induced hair problems are very hard to capture on camera. I said many times that I never had a receding hair line, but the hair shedding would occur every so often in the same fashion as alopecia. I couldn't take in Vitamin A either.

My defense of the colon cleanse working for post-Accutane sufferers is because of Pimpstick.

The number of post-Accutane sufferers like us is in fact small. These colon cleansing companies won't make all that much profit off people like us. Keep in mind that I have not even posted the exact products I have used on the public forum.

I lol'd when you said "I can't just let you scam people if this has no validity." Sounds like a threat. You can do the colon cleanse or not. I don't really care. I thought it was my duty to get the word out. I did wait a long time to post but at least I did it.

Seems genuine enough for me. I'm going to give it shot. Ive read reviews on the colon cleanse and it seems like you're supposed to take it every night for a week and the dosage seems to vary from person to person. How many were you taking a night and did you continue to use the same dosage daily after the 1st week? Or did you switch it to every other day for the rest of the month?

Thank you, and sorry for getting "PimpStick" on ya.

ps: and I completely understand the lol'ing at the comment. Wasn't supposed to be a threat I just really got really deep into that post haha. My apologies

I wanted to provide anyone who is reading this thread with an update. From earlier posts, you will notice that I have been suffering from post-Accutane hair loss for 3 years. I am a 34 year old female so you can imagine the devastation this lasting side effect has caused me. I decided to give the cleanse a try considering I do see the merits in cleansing. I started on May 7th - it actually took me a few days to get the right dosage so I was on it for a week straight, took a few days off, started it again for another week, and have taken another few days off. I will continue this for another 2 weeks or so. I'm not expecting any immediate miracles, but I did want to let the group know that my hair is still shedding - I'm not really surprised here - however, I do remain hopeful that within the next 3 months I might see some positive improvement. I do encourage others to try this because I have seen some other great benefits. First, if you can overlook the fact that you will be in the bathroom quite a bit, I actually just "feel" better. I can't really explain it, but I feel like I have more energy and I have lost almost 5 lbs (i'm sure this is also due to water weight). Since Accutane I really don't break out, but I now have a couple random pimples. I really attribute that to cleansing my body of things that shouldn't be in it to begin with....I think at the end of the day to truely make this even more effective, I should probably quit smoking and drinking - I highly doubt these horrible behaviors are helping my body detox. I think next week, I will also follow the food recs the cleanse has on their web-site.

All in all - nothing fantastic to report yet, but I"m glad that we got this recommendation from accutaneuser. I promise to check back in within the month.

Gracie

Gracie, please stop smoking. After getting the Accutane out, your body still does need to heal. Getting the Accutane out is just the first step, and then your body needs to go through a healing process to get you back to normal. Smoking severely damages your body's ability to heal. I think using some nicotine gum for a couple months to give your body a rest from smoking would be a good idea.

Good luck!

I wanted to provide anyone who is reading this thread with an update. From earlier posts, you will notice that I have been suffering from post-Accutane hair loss for 3 years. I am a 34 year old female so you can imagine the devastation this lasting side effect has caused me. I decided to give the cleanse a try considering I do see the merits in cleansing. I started on May 7th - it actually took me a few days to get the right dosage so I was on it for a week straight, took a few days off, started it again for another week, and have taken another few days off. I will continue this for another 2 weeks or so. I'm not expecting any immediate miracles, but I did want to let the group know that my hair is still shedding - I'm not really surprised here - however, I do remain hopeful that within the next 3 months I might see some positive improvement. I do encourage others to try this because I have seen some other great benefits. First, if you can overlook the fact that you will be in the bathroom quite a bit, I actually just "feel" better. I can't really explain it, but I feel like I have more energy and I have lost almost 5 lbs (i'm sure this is also due to water weight). Since Accutane I really don't break out, but I now have a couple random pimples. I really attribute that to cleansing my body of things that shouldn't be in it to begin with....I think at the end of the day to truely make this even more effective, I should probably quit smoking and drinking - I highly doubt these horrible behaviors are helping my body detox. I think next week, I will also follow the food recs the cleanse has on their web-site.

All in all - nothing fantastic to report yet, but I"m glad that we got this recommendation from accutaneuser. I promise to check back in within the month.

Gracie

Accutaneuser78...

A week or so ago, I did a 7-day colon cleanse, using a product called Oxy-powder, which is meant to be a decent brand.

I ate only organic foods, lots of fruit and veg, and some soups.

I don't feel any different after doing it. I'm back to eating 'normal' again, with the mix of my usual healthy and unhealthy foods.

Maybe this will only be a solution that works for certain people i.e. you.

I know I'm not going to have had hair grow back within a week after doing it.

When could I expect results? And would a week of been long enough?

I was also mainly doing this for the hope that if your guessings that it worked for you by eliminating any 'residue' still in your body are true, other side effects I'm suffering from would reduce or disappear. Can't see that happening. Dry eyes for example is the worst for me, and I guess my oil glands have been well and truely destroyed.

:/

Accutaneuser78...

A week or so ago, I did a 7-day colon cleanse, using a product called Oxy-powder, which is meant to be a decent brand.

I don't feel any different after doing it. I'm back to eating 'normal' again, with the mix of my usual healthy and unhealthy foods.

I was also mainly doing this for the hope that if your guessings that it worked for you by eliminating any 'residue' still in your body are true, other side effects I'm suffering from would reduce or disappear. Can't see that happening. Dry eyes for example is the worst for me, and I guess my oil glands have been well and truely destroyed.

I don't think doing 7 days is enough. I did a cleanse lasting a whole month. I didn't take breaks but I recommend taking breaks for other people. Try repeating your 7 day cleanse 3 more times.

It has been a long time since I did the cleanse, but if I recall correctly there wasn't a huge change after doing the colon cleanse. It was more of a gradual process. I felt the color of my skin changed and was less bleached after doing the colon cleanse. I knew that something felt different and I decided to try eating more foods with vitamin A. This used to cause my hair to shed profusely but the shedding never happened. Over the course of about a year I came to realize that my body was about back to normal again. At some point I started using a retinoid topical (ex. Differin) and my response to it was just like it was before I ever took Accutane. This was iron-clad proof to me that the colon cleanse had done something good in restoring my body and my guess is that it got out whatever 'residue' was in the colon.

Good luck to all the post-Accutane sufferers. I hope over time you have the same success I had.

Accutaneuser78...

Another note to you and others: Stay away from Vitamin A while doing the cleanse. Gradually add in more natural sources of Vitamin A from fruits and vegetables after the colon cleanse.

i really dont believe its as easy as doing a colon cleanse... after 'poisoning' our bodies for months w. this harmful drug our DNA is actually tampered with. I'm pretty positive it is far more complicated than just 'residue' in our colons. But hey, guess this couldn't really hurt either...just possibly a lot of unnecessary time in the bathroom...glad it seemed to work for you though accutaneuser. You sides effects may not have been as bad as others.

To add on to a few others' statements. Taking colon cleanse won't really do anything for you except perhaps improve your gastrointestinal function for a few days/weeks. There is absolutely no way that Accutane could "become lodged" somewhere in your colon. That statement is completely false and is ignorant to basic physiological principles with regards to vitamin/drug intake. Side effects such as permanent hair loss and IBD occur because of Accutane's ability to make changes to DNA transcription factors.

To add on to a few others' statements. Taking colon cleanse won't really do anything for you except perhaps improve your gastrointestinal function for a few days/weeks. There is absolutely no way that Accutane could "become lodged" somewhere in your colon. That statement is completely false and is ignorant to basic physiological principles with regards to vitamin/drug intake. Side effects such as permanent hair loss and IBD occur because of Accutane's ability to make changes to DNA transcription factors.

this thread is intersting. i cant help but wonder why people are focusing on the colon, when accutane is stored within the liver. surely if you were to remove it from your body, you would start there.

there is a great looking product here in australia from a company called blackmores. their 10 day detox program flushes the intestines, colon and liver. it might be good, cause it flushes the whole system, rather than specific organs.

im really curious, have people found if they detox, they are able to get back to normal faster?