Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
accutaneuser78

Accutane and Hair Loss: A solution that worked for ME

Hi Everyone,

There are topics about accutane and hair loss around the Internet, but I wanted to start a new thread to discuss a possible solution to your problem. I hope you will read this story, as I believe it will help the people out there who are sick from Accutane.

I took Accutane in my teens and had severe side effects from the drug. I developed colitis and experienced severe hair shedding. I was on a dosage that was far too high for my weight (100mg/145 pounds; started at 40mg then 60, then 80, then 100). What's worse is that when I took Accutane my skin had a very unusual apperance, and I continued to get acne even though it wasn't as bad as pre-Accutane. While I was on Accutane, I was constantly sick, and this did not stop after ceasing Accutane; rather, my hair remained thin for several years and my bowels remained severely disrupted. I found that I could no longer take in Vitamin A, even from food, without causing hair shedding.

Following my Accutane course, I was in great distress due to my hair irregularities (shedding and thinning). I scoured the Internet and found people just like me who never found a solution to their problem. For several years I accepted the fact that Accutane had permanently damaged my body. Though I never went bald, my hair remained abnormally thin. I also could not take in any form of Vitamin A.

My acne eventually came back full force, and perhaps worse, a few years after my Accutane course. Since I knew I could not take Accutane again, I looked for natural methods of healing. I came across colon cleansing and tried a variety of products. THIS SAVED MY LIFE. What I didn't realize for all those years, was that I was sick BECAUSE Accutane was still lodged somewhere in my colon. That would explain the continued stomach problems and continued hair thinning - the Accutane was still present in my body even though I discontinued taking the drug.

Since doing a colon cleanse, I no longer have any adverse reaction to Vitamin A, whether it be from food or a multivitamin pill. My hair is no longer abnormally thin and has returned to the way it was pre-Accutane. However, my stomach still has problems, and I fear that will never return to 100%. Still, I have to let all the people out there who suffered similar symptoms as me, know that there is a possible solution for your problems. YOU HAVE TO GET THE ACCUTANE OUT OF YOUR COLON. If that doesn't work, I suggest possibly doing a liver cleanse from a trusted source.

I should give you a warning, though. When you do your colon cleanse, your acne may get worse, as mine did, but it will only be for the duration of the cleanse. However, I think it was completely worth it. I now have my life back and I no longer worry about my hair, and I can now eat vegetables like a normal person.

Thank you for reading and I hope those who have experienced something similar to me may benefit from this post.

P.S. I do NOT work for any kind of colon cleansing company. As you can see, I have not advertised any specific product. I advise you to do your own Internet search - there are many companies out there who create good colon cleansing products, but I will not list them here. Please be smart in not buying some cheap colon cleanser that won't work. Ex., Nature's Bounty colon cleanser likely isn't a good purchase and won't work.

Edited by accutaneuser78

To add to my previous post, please spread the word. I believe a lot of people are suffering unnecessarily from the Accutane that is still present in their body. There are a lot of posts scattered amongst different online forums, and if you are a member of another forum where Accutane sufferers are present, then please tell them.

Thanks.

Edited by accutaneuser78

Q: Tom, are you familar with cleansing programs? If so, what do you think of them? Is it true that when you lose weight from cleansing that you lose a lot of fat or is it just that you're losing water based on glycogen reduction because you're in a caloric deficit?

A: It's tough to address all "cleansing" programs in one short Q & A column because there are so many things that fall into this category and because the various programs, products and claims are often very different. Let me do my best though because I know this is a common question.

Just about everything that falls under the umbrella term of "cleansing" is pseudo science or scam, unless you consider increasing your fruit, vegetable and fiber intake from whole foods as "cleansing."

Q: Tom, are you familar with cleansing programs? If so, what do you think of them? Is it true that when you lose weight from cleansing that you lose a lot of fat or is it just that you're losing water based on glycogen reduction because you're in a caloric deficit?

A: It's tough to address all "cleansing" programs in one short Q & A column because there are so many things that fall into this category and because the various programs, products and claims are often very different. Let me do my best though because I know this is a common question.

Just about everything that falls under the umbrella term of "cleansing" is pseudo science or scam, unless you consider increasing your fruit, vegetable and fiber intake from whole foods as "cleansing."

Ah, the scientific elite, gotta love them. They discard anything they don't understand and that isn't created in a pharmaceutical lab. They also continue to disregard excessive sexual stimulation as a possible factor. They constantly tell you it isn't the cause, but anything that disrupts your hormonal balance can be a contributor. Don't insult me by posting about how a colon cleanse is a pseudo-science and no different than a fiber supplement. I take great offense by it.

I assure you that a colon cleanse is no scam. If you buy a quality colon cleanse, not some junk you can buy at CVS, it will cleanse your colon. I found something that is oxygen-based to be extremely effective.

The colon cleanse "saved my life". I know there are people out there who suffer the same problems as I once did. We are a small number, relative to the number of Accutane users. I can't tell you how long I spent on the Internet in the early years after Accutane, searching endlessly for a solution, until I heard so many sad stories that I just gave up. It wasn't until my Acne broke out really bad that I was forced to search for a natural solution. The colon cleanse didn't solve my acne problem, but it solved the hair shedding I was experiencing, and I can take in Vitamin A again without having an adverse reaction.

And again, I have nothing to gain from this except that I want to help people who I know are going through the same crap I went through. I have not, nor will I, recommend any specific colon cleansing product.

To add to my previous posts, I did the cleanse for 31 days, or a whole month. During and after the cleanse, I could feel that my body was different. The improvement in my health was almost instant. However, it did take about 3-4 months until I felt my body was pretty much back to normal. My hair just continued to rethicken gradually (but not instantly, of course).

If what you say is true, why do researchers say it takes 2-3 weeks for Accutane to leave your symptoms? Take me for example, how would a colon cleanse rid me of the excess Vitamin A? That is what's causing the hair loss right?

If what you say is true, why do researchers say it takes 2-3 weeks for Accutane to leave your symptoms? Take me for example, how would a colon cleanse rid me of the excess Vitamin A? That is what's causing the hair loss right?

Again with the researchers, the same researchers who can't explain people like me who experienced symptoms from Accutane long after stopping it. If you go to a doctor and tell them about your continued hair shedding or stomach/other problems, they'll either say they never heard of it happening, or if they have heard about it, they won't have any idea why. The reason is because all these doctors, not including surgeons, only know how to do one thing: prescribe more drugs. Since you appear to be part of the relatively small number of people who experience symptoms after stopping Accutane, you can hardly count yourself among the people for whom it takes "2-3 weeks for Accutane to leave your system".

Also, it's not really "ridding you of excess Vitamin A" per se, it's about getting out the Accutane residue in your colon.

What it boils down to is whether you believe me or not. It worked for me, and this is not a placebo. I actually did the colon cleanse 1.5 yrs ago. I think some people may be turned off by the fact that their skin may get worse while they do the cleanse. In my opinion, it has been completely worth it. I have my life back.

And I also believe liver cleanses are somewhat of a scam, but I offered it up as a last option. They won't cleanse your liver really, but they may help to strengthen it, similar to how a multivitamin is generally good for your body. For a colon cleanse, you know it's working by what you see in your toilet, to be perfectly blunt. Colon cleansing is a medically proven method (and you see this done professionally as well, except it's done with medical devices rather than ingesting something orally). I believe all the other non-colon cleansers may be scams, but they are an outgrowth of the success that the colon cleansing business has had, success that is well-deserved.

I must be part of the "scientific elite" lmao. Colon cleanses, liver cleanses, whatever don't do shit, sorry if me telling you that gets your panties in a ruffle. If you can't prove the mechanism of action and show documentation beyond "zomg it worked for me and all these people i know!!111" then anyone with half a brain should understand that there is no evidence to suggest that they work.

I must be part of the "scientific elite" lmao. Colon cleanses, liver cleanses, whatever don't do shit, sorry if me telling you that gets your panties in a ruffle. If you can't prove the mechanism of action and show documentation beyond "zomg it worked for me and all these people i know!!111" then anyone with half a brain should understand that there is no evidence to suggest that they work.

You can laugh all you want, but I strongly believe that people who share my similar experience will find a colon cleanse to be unusually and extraordinarily effective.

I'm doing people here a favor. For nearly 4 years, I found nobody who could offer up a possible solution. People would go to doctors, even ones at expensive University medical centers, and receive no useful feedback.

If you didn't know, you can get a colon cleanse done professionally. They spray water through your colon to clean it out. For me, I prefer taking something internally and letting my body get everything out naturally. It's unlikely that the professional way of colon cleansing will get out anything that is not obviously visible, and Accutane residue won't be visible.

Edited by accutaneuser78

Come on, now. There's no reason to wish suffering on anybody here, especially not just because they disagree with you. I'm not saying that you're right or wrong about colon cleanses, but can you really blame people for being skeptical? You joined these boards touting the benefits of colon cleansing as a means of alleviating Accutane side-effects, but your posts are anecdotal. Maybe if you could find some studies that show that colon cleanses are an effective method of alleviating Accutane side-effects, people might take this more seriously.

Come on, now. There's no reason to wish suffering on anybody here, especially not just because they disagree with you. I'm not saying that you're right or wrong about colon cleanses, but can you really blame people for being skeptical? You joined these boards touting the benefits of colon cleansing as a means of alleviating Accutane side-effects, but your posts are anecdotal. Maybe if you could find some studies that show that colon cleanses are an effective method of alleviating Accutane side-effects, people might take this more seriously.

it's the haughty and condescending attitude he displayed that particularly puts me off. maybe I shouldn't be "wishing bad things on him", but I think he deserves it for acting the way he did in his post. I don't take being laughed at lightly. If someone doesn't believe me, there's no need to act that way. There IS a way to disagree with someone respectfully.

I am also emotional about this. I know what it was like going through the post-Accutane side effects, and finding no real solution after looking through post after post of bad experiences on the Internet where people kept shedding hair and were plain sick.

Also, there won't be any "studies" to show that the colon cleanse will alleviate post-Accutane side-effects. We're far too small of a group for a "study" to ever be carried out. Sorry.

Edited by accutaneuser78

Below is a private message I sent to someone (name of user not included). I hope it benefits others.

What type of cleansing did you do? Pill or enema?

Pill. I've stated in my posts that I thought an oxygen-based cleanser works the best. I've also tried a fiber-based cleanser but I thought it wasn't quite as effective. Another important point is that you can't just buy some cheap crap at CVS. Look for a cleanser that is at least $30, and do the cleanse for at least 1 month. Looking back I think I might have done it for 1.5 months, but hard to recall now.

How long did you suffer hair thinning? was it the form of hair loss where your hair grew and fell back out prematurely?

From the time I stopped Accutane to the time I did the cleanse, it was about 4 years. So for 4 years, my hair was unusually thin. I would go through periodic hair shocks, where my hair would just fall out profusely. I did have the exclamation point hairs, which is called alopecia, which occurs when your body just attacks the hair follicles. For a while I avoided taking in Vitamin A from food or any other source, and that seemed to help my hair a lot.

However, I need to be clear about one thing. My hairline never receded. It is possible, I think, in some cases for Accutane to trigger MPB, and the hair may not ever grow back in such cases. However, if you still have thin hair, it is very likely that the Accutane residue is still in your colon, and it would be very wise to get it out.

Also, has your hair fully recuperated and about how long after the cleansing did you recover your hair?

Immediately after the cleanse, my body felt better. Somehow when I started eating vegetables again, I could feel internally that the Vitamin A was okay for my body, and I noticed that Vitamin A no longer had any effect on my hair. My hair became thick gradually over the period of about a year. However, there WAS some immediate improvement. I no longer worry about my hair, and I can eat vegetables like a normal person now.

I did break out when I was doing the cleanse, but in hindsight, it was completely worth it. I do scar, too, so I'm not looking at the breakout through the eyes of someone who heals well. What I tell myself now is that one day stem cell research will most likely fix scar tissue. This comforts me, because the chances are very high. On the other hand, I have TCA cross to keep me occupied in the meantime, and I think TCA cross works very well (time in between crosses should really be at least 1-3 months, but some people on acne.org over-do it.)

If you do the cleanse, and you breakout, please don't panic and finish the cleanse. If your condition was anything like mine was, it is well worth it.

I wish you the best. I've been posting here on acne.org to do people a favor, because I remember how bad the experience was for me. I obsessed over my hair and all the bad things Accutane did to my body. The colon cleanse gave part of my life back, that's for sure.

I'd like to step on my soapbox and say a few more things. I know that colon cleansing does seem shady and that is not lost on me. but it is no scam. Beyond all the posts I've written that should indicate to any intelligent person that I'm no scam artist, I offer up another reason why you should believe I'm no scam artist.

My target audience has always been people who have suffered post-Accutane side effects, people like myself who experienced hair and other problems long after stopping the drug. Even if I did work for one of these colon cleansing companies, how much money do you think I would really make off of people like ourselves? Certainly not enough to live on. We who have experienced post-Accutane problems long after stopping the drug, are a relatively small group. Financially speaking, getting this group to buy a product would not be a very profitable venture. The money I would make would be peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

This will be my last "pitch". If you are a post-Accutane sufferer like I was, and your mind is closed to the idea of trying a colon cleanse, I hope you open up your mind and give the colon cleanse a chance. I want to help you.

I'll be leaving the boards soon. I only came on here to get the word out. Good luck to everyone.

Edited by accutaneuser78

I underwent Accutane treatment in 1983. It helped my cystic acne and I had no noticeable side effects afterward. About 7 or 8 years ago, I started having problems with cysts again and started another course of Accutane treatments. Several months into the treatment, I noticed I was losing hair, so I stopped taking it. Although I didn't correlate it, at around the same time, I began to experience occasional unexplained episodes of diarhea, i.e. no fever and no obvious food-related cause.

These continued until two years ago when I had a colonoscopy. In preparation for the colonoscopy, I had to completely clean out my bowels by drinking about a gallon of some kind of laxative solution. I don't know whether the bowel problems were due to the Accutane or whether cleaning out my colon flushed out residual Accutane, but your post makes me wonder.

The hair loss seemed to stop when I stopped taking Accutane and I have tried various treatments to restore my hair in the last several years, so it would be difficult to attribute any hair regrowth to the bowel cleansing prior to the colonoscopy.

I underwent Accutane treatment in 1983. It helped my cystic acne and I had no noticeable side effects afterward. About 7 or 8 years ago, I started having problems with cysts again and started another course of Accutane treatments. Several months into the treatment, I noticed I was losing hair, so I stopped taking it. Although I didn't correlate it, at around the same time, I began to experience occasional unexplained episodes of diarhea, i.e. no fever and no obvious food-related cause.

These continued until two years ago when I had a colonoscopy. In preparation for the colonoscopy, I had to completely clean out my bowels by drinking about a gallon of some kind of laxative solution. I don't know whether the bowel problems were due to the Accutane or whether cleaning out my colon flushed out residual Accutane, but your post makes me wonder.

The hair loss seemed to stop when I stopped taking Accutane and I have tried various treatments to restore my hair in the last several years, so it would be difficult to attribute any hair regrowth to the bowel cleansing prior to the colonoscopy.

I did a colonoscopy after Accutane too (about 1.5 yrs after stopping the drug and about 2.5 years before doing a colon cleanse), and I had to take a laxative prior to the colonoscopy. I did notnotice any beneficial effects to my body after taking the laxative. I believe that a laxative works similarly to a professional colon cleanse where the doctors spray water through your colon - both processes get the large fecal matter out but I don't think things like drug residue can be eliminated via these processes.

Colon cleansers seem to help the body clean out waste on a much more micro-level and enable removal of things like drug residue. It sounds like a load of crap but it's the only explanation I can come up with for my success. The colon cleansers seemed to complement and enhance my body's own natural waste removal abilities, rather than using "brute-force" characteristic of a laxative.

Edited by accutaneuser78

I should repeat one last time that I tried both an oxygen-based cleanser and a fiber-based cleanser - these are the only two types of colon cleansers that are effective.

I think both helped me, but I felt the oxygen-based cleanser was more effective. If you try one type of cleanser and it doesn't work well enough, then try the other type. Only after trying both should you make a final determination about the efficacy of a colon cleanse.

I should also repeat that I didsee immediate improvement. My body felt different, in a good way, after the cleanse, but it took about a year until my body went back to full strength. The colon cleanse got the drug out, but I had 4 years of sickness to recuperate from.

I should repeat one last time that I tried both an oxygen-based cleanser and a fiber-based cleanser - these are the only two types of colon cleansers that are effective.

I think both helped me, but I felt the oxygen-based cleanser was more effective. If you try one type of cleanser and it doesn't work well enough, then try the other type. Only after trying both should you make a final determination about the efficacy of a colon cleanse.

I should also repeat that I didsee immediate improvement. My body felt different, in a good way, after the cleanse, but it took about a year until my body went back to full strength. The colon cleanse got the drug out, but I had 4 years of sickness to recuperate from.

I can't believe you pm'd me telling me to have "an open mind" about these cleanses; I'm shocked enough to make it public.

You're telling me to ignore the entire scientific community which has found colon cleanses to be useless and instead listen to you? That would not be "opening my mind", but rather closing it and taking a dumbass "don't confuse me with the facts" approach to my treatment. You are clearly not a doctor, and have posted no qualifications to back up your assertions or even one scientifically backed reason why it should work. Sorry but your PM really pisses me off and it's a shame that people think the way you do.

Edited by Pimpstick

I can't believe you pm'd me telling me to have "an open mind" about these cleanses; I'm shocked enough to make it public.

Goodness, you are an insufferable dunce. Is it supposed to matter that I PM'd you to have an open mind? I've posted that exact phrase several times on the public forums.

I'm actually quite nice, but you are a fool, and your confrontational attitude from the very beginning is just not necessary.

You're telling me to ignore the entire scientific community which has found colon cleanses to be useless and instead listen to you?

Links, please? Are you referring to scientists like Tom the muscleman?: http://www.burnthefat.com/colon_cleansing_scam.html

If you aren't poor, I invite you to try a colon cleanser priced around $30. If you have the money, why not give it a shot? I think you will find that "increasing your fiber intake" as dear Tom suggests is nowhere near the equivalent of taking a reliable colon cleanser.

Edited by accutaneuser78

Again, my target audience is people who have suffered post-Accutane side effects long after stopping the drug.

There are two reasons why one would think I'm lying:

1. I could possibly work for these companies. But consider the fact that I have not once publicly endorsed any brands, and that even if I did, how much money do you think I would make off people like us? A truly outlandish claim would be to say "Do the colon cleanse, it will cure your acne!!!" But no, I have never made such a claim.

2. I want to harm people. After reading my posts, do you think that is really the case????

Please, do not listen to dunces like PimpStick. If you were like me and are suffering post-Accutane side effects, I hope you will give a colon cleanse the chance. If you are willing to take an extremely potent drug like Accutane, I don't think you should have any problem with taking a colon cleanser.

Just to clarify: The solution that I drank before the colonoscopy was not an ordinary laxative to force a bowel movement. It did that, of course. However, it cleaned my digestive system out completely as far as I could tell. After drinking a gallon of the stuff over a 6-hour period, all that was coming out was a clear (yellowish actually) liquid.

To repeat: I am just making an observation, not a conclusion.

Just to clarify: The solution that I drank before the colonoscopy was not an ordinary laxative to force a bowel movement. It did that, of course. However, it cleaned my digestive system out completely as far as I could tell. After drinking a gallon of the stuff over a 6-hour period, all that was coming out was a clear (yellowish actually) liquid.

To repeat: I am just making an observation, not a conclusion.

Was your laxative medical grade? I recall that when I did the colonoscopy the doctor told me to just pick something up from CVS, but I can't remember the brand. It did give me diarrhea-like symptoms, but it was nothing like doing a colon cleanse. It is possible that a medical-grade laxative could do the trick.

Tom Venuto is pretty well respected and would be one of many people who have looked at the research and concluded the same thing as me. The fact that you have to resort to name calling, insinuating that I'm poor, and telling me I deserve a physical condition is pathetic and is further proof of how dead wrong you are. I'm sure the remarks will be deleted, but that doesn't change the fact that you need a serious attitude adjustment.

Not that it matters, but I made 55k last year and just cut to 190 pounds to get my 8 pack back so I can compete. 3 months of accutane has made my skin darn close to clear without any real side effects. Lol @ telling me I'm poor and have a bad physical condition.

Edited by Pimpstick

Tom Venuto is pretty well respected and would be one of many people who have looked at the research and concluded the same thing as me. The fact that you have to resort to name calling, insinuating that I'm poor, and telling me I deserve a physical condition is pathetic and is further proof of how dead wrong you are. I'm sure the remarks will be deleted, but that doesn't change the fact that you need a serious attitude adjustment.

Not that it matters, but I made 55k last year and just cut to 190 pounds to get my 8 pack back so I can compete. 3 months of accutane has made my skin darn close to clear without any real side effects. Lol @ telling me I'm poor and have a bad physical condition.

Goodness, where do I start with this gem.

Tom Venuto is pretty well respected

He's a body builder. I hardly think he can even remotely be called a scientific authority that one can listen to.

The fact that you have to resort to name calling, insinuating that I'm poor, and telling me I deserve a physical condition is pathetic

I never insinuated you were poor. I said if you aren't, then you should give the colon cleanse a try. That's hardly saying you are poor. Don't forget that you started with the insinuations, implying I'm dumb for thinking that a colon cleanse can help post-Accutane sufferers. Friend, I am living proof that it does help, because it worked for me.

and is further proof of how dead wrong you are.

Do you need to take a class on logic. Calling you a dunce doesn't prove I'm "dead wrong". Friend, A and B just don't connect!

You made 55k last year, oh wow, good for you. Did you do that by taking off your shirt and posing for the camera while flexing your 8 pack abs? By physical condition, I meant your general health, not your abs...I mean, really?

If you have no side effects, why are you even posting on this topic? This topic is for post-Accutane sufferers. You aren't qualified to be posting here, because you don't understand AT ALL what I and people like myself have gone through.

Additionally I don't know why you lashed out at me in the first place. I gave a detailed account of my experience and what worked for me. I didn't do what is commonly done on this forum, which is create a post with a regimen that contains a long list of products and say that " wow it's a cure!", or claim that taking some vitamins and putting on some jojoba oil will clear your skin.

My experience is real. If you don't believe it, then fine, you shouldn't have lashed out in the first place. You shouldn't put too much faith in doctors, either. Since you haven't had a bad experience with Accutane or perhaps any drug, I can understand why you would be so trusting. People like myself have been harmed by medication and poor medical advice, so our disposition is far different from yours. Bear in mind too that doctors commonly point to "studies" that excessive sex/masturbation has no effect on acne. For a long time, doctors even said stress has no effect. For a long time, Roche even said that all hair loss is temporary, but they eventually changed that, didn't they? Now, they say that hair loss can persist and they don't even know why. Clearly, the doctors you love so much don't know everything. And based on my experience, gastroenterologists or muscle builders (lol) who say colon cleansers are a scam don't know what they are talking about.

Let me clarify that I don't think a colon cleanser can clear anyone's acne. I also don't think a colon cleanser can improve your health, unless you are sick from Accutane. The colon cleanser got out the Accutane residue that was somewhere in the tissue of my colon, and the ancillary effect is that my health has improved dramatically. Now, if I had never taken Accutane, I would not be posting on here suggesting that you do a colon cleanse to improve your skin or hair or anything else. I am promoting the colon cleanser only for post-Accutane sufferers.

Edited by accutaneuser78

I didn't say Tom Venuto was a scientist; I said he was well-respected and came to the same conclusions as me. I didn't bother posting any sources because you have already disregarded all of them.

I didn't make my money as a model, though in the past I have. Sorry after you called me an idiot and told me I deserved acne, it didn't seem like too much of a stretch to think you were insinuating I was poor as well when you said "If you aren't poor, but it".

"Additionally I don't know why you lashed out at me in the first place. I gave a detailed account of my experience and what worked for me. I didn't do what is commonly done on this forum, which is create a post with a regimen that contains a long list of products and say that " wow it's a cure!", or claim that taking some vitamins and putting on some jojoba oil will clear your skin."

I didn't lash out. Look at the title of the thread. You have made the assertion in the title that you have found a solution to hair loss caused by accutane. You precisely came on here and said "wow a cure" and then personally attacked every person who disagreed with you. While personally attacking someone doesn't change your position (make you more wrong as I said), it makes you look stupid for not being able to support your opinion rationally. There is also no fundamental difference between what you are telling people to do and others saying "take some vitamins and some jojoba oil". Both aren't proven treatment methods and rely solely on anecdotal evidence.

I don't have some kind of deep seeded trust with doctors, hell I didn't even go to a doctor to get my accutane. But I have much more appreciation for the scientific method and the testing that goes into medications than your opinion. Nothing in the world is certain and no amount of medical testing will make a drug 100% safe. Sorry you had a bad experience, but whoring out some treatment you think might have helped you as fact just isn't the right thing to do.

You summed up your entire point right here:

"Colon cleansers seem to help the body clean out waste on a much more micro-level and enable removal of things like drug residue. It sounds like a load of crap but it's the only explanation I can come up with for my success. The colon cleansers seemed to complement and enhance my body's own natural waste removal abilities, rather than using "brute-force" characteristic of a laxative."

That's your evidence. You admit it sounds like crap. You admit to your knowledge it has worked only for you. So what happens when people listen to you and then end up fucked up from the colon cleanse a couple years down the road? Are you going to take responsibility if that happens? That is why I responded to your post.

You don't think this is lashing out? Do you think I can't sense the tone of the post above? Saying my "panties in a ruffle" and greatly exaggerating my argument by saying ""zomg it worked for me and all these people i know!!111"

On top of that you said "anyone with half a brain...". Don't tell me I'm stupid, fool. I know it worked for me. If you don't believe me, that's your business. But don't insinuate I'm stupid.

I think you're just trying to be argumentative.