Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ex - playa

How to tell the difference between Ice pick scars and scarred/enlarged pores?

How do I tell the difference between ice pick scars and enlarged/scarred pores? I am not sure what I have. I have had holes on my face for 4.5 years, and I've always thought they were enlarged pores.

I decided not to take pictures with my camera because, my camera isnt as good as this person's and wont be able to depict its severeness. but the holes in my face looks like this person's, except i do not have raised bumps as this peron's.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Sagging-pores-t264375.html.

Can someone please tell me what my face problem is?

What type of treatment do I need to fix it?

Much thanks on your insights.

How do I tell the difference between ice pick scars and enlarged/scarred pores? I am not sure what I have. I have had holes on my face for 4.5 years, and I've always thought they were enlarged pores.

I decided not to take pictures with my camera because, my camera isnt as good as this person's and wont be able to depict its severeness. but the holes in my face looks like this person's, except i do not have raised bumps as this peron's.

I believe that a scarred pore can still block up from sebum production. So it can still fill up as a blackhead/whitehead, and actually is prone to it because it is exposed to more outside pollutants, I think. The person in the pics looks like she has a couple of icepick scars. Those scars can be treated with excision/punch excision or TCA cross. I think scarred pores are much harder to treat. I've asked for advice on how to treat scarred pores a couple of times on this forum and haven't gotten a reply.

I believe that a scarred pore can still block up from sebum production. So it can still fill up as a blackhead/whitehead, and actually is prone to it because it is exposed to more outside pollutants, I think. The person in the pics looks like she has a couple of icepick scars. Those scars can be treated with excision/punch excision or TCA cross. I think scarred pores are much harder to treat. I've asked for advice on how to treat scarred pores a couple of times on this forum and haven't gotten a reply.

Thanks for your input. Does she seem to have mostly ice pick scars? does she have any scarred pores or enlarged pores? which ones are the ice pick scars?

are enlarged pores treatable with TCA cross?

Thanks for your input. Does she seem to have mostly ice pick scars? does she have any scarred pores or enlarged pores? which ones are the ice pick scars?

are enlarged pores treatable with TCA cross?

To be honest, her scarring is so minimal I really can't say. From her first pic, it looks like some scars MIGHT be larger than normal, but her skin looks close to perfect. The second pic looked like there was a very superficial icepick.

I don't know. I've been to dermatologists before and they don't have any advice other than to try laser treatments. But I've heard mixed reviews on lasers' effectiveness.

Scarred pores are very difficult to treat. I'm trying TCA on some now. You have to be careful because acids and aggressive treatments can sometimes make it worse. I've heard of dermatologists sewing the pore up, using TCA, using laser, etc. The problem is that at first, it can look like it's better but after a few months it looks like it goes back to normal. I'm guessing this is partly due to sebum production.

Sometimes I'd see improvement, but I'm still very much prone to blackheads on my nose. I've actually ended up damaging a couple again. Try to find a way to properly extract your blackheads to prevent further scarring, because the skin will be VERY delicate for a while after any treatment,, and you'll still be producing oil.