Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guys, I take back my original post. Don't even bother talking to women with all of that acne spread across your face. You'll only end up getting rejected in the end anyway. Sorry!

Miserable lives for the win!

Edited by Baalzebub

With acne, acne scars, depression, insecurities, and all that denigrating bullshit set aside - way aside - a great personality, a sense of humor, and a nice smilehave a high probability of granting you success with the ladies. No, I'm not a ladies man (never have been nor will I ever) but damnit man you'd be surprised how far those simple qualities can take a man. I certainly was...

Good luck.

It is so hard to grasp a hold of this concept and i try and tell myself this everyday. I just always think well i can smile and carry on like nothings wrong but whats under that smile, BIG BREAKOUTS ON CHIN. He is smiling but that doesnt hide the nasty shit he got going on. I dont know this is what my mind keeps telling me and i battle with it daily. Its a sad disease i have inside and out. :(

With acne, acne scars, depression, insecurities, and all that denigrating bullshit set aside - way aside - a great personality, a sense of humor, and a nice smilehave a high probability of granting you success with the ladies. No, I'm not a ladies man (never have been nor will I ever) but damnit man you'd be surprised how far those simple qualities can take a man. I certainly was...

Good luck.

It is so hard to grasp a hold of this concept and i try and tell myself this everyday. I just always think well i can smile and carry on like nothings wrong but whats under that smile, BIG BREAKOUTS ON CHIN. He is smiling but that doesnt hide the nasty shit he got going on. I dont know this is what my mind keeps telling me and i battle with it daily. Its a sad disease i have inside and out. :(

I know what you mean man....mentally I'm more of a mess than physically

Good luck.

I know what you mean man....mentally I'm more of a mess than physically

I'm the same as you, I feel like my personality is destroyed. In fact I don't have much personality, so that on top of acne pretty much ruins my chances with the ladies big time.

I know you guys are torn up inside and I'm not saying it's going to be easy but you got to do what you got to do sometimes to get what you want. My father use to tell me, "if you have to shovel shit, do it with a smile" and I agree with him wholeheartedly. Yes, it's unfortunate that life dealt us a shitty hand while its dealing full houses to others, but we cannot allow that to affect us, and if it does, we cannot show it. Again, easier said than done, I know.

I am in no way the hottest guy in the world....HAHA.....but have you guys ever walked around and seen a hot ass girl with a not so attractive guy? Im sure we all have. Why is she with that guy. Some say its because hes rich and that very well may be but not 100% of the time. They are with that guy because that guy does exactly what Baazebub said.

Is it hard to do? Fuck yea. Prob the hardest thing in the world for someone with acne and shit all over their face. But hell man, what do you got to lose.

I see your point, i do tend to agree with it, but as i am i dont even know i can handle getting girlfriends and all that without the pressure of fearing how bad my skin looks sometimes. I would just be putting on a front if i did.

I am in no way the hottest guy in the world....HAHA.....but have you guys ever walked around and seen a hot ass girl with a not so attractive guy? Im sure we all have. Why is she with that guy. Some say its because hes rich and that very well may be but not 100% of the time. They are with that guy because that guy does exactly what Baazebub said.

I see your point, i do tend to agree with it, but as i am i dont even know i can handle getting girlfriends and all that without the pressure of fearing how bad my skin looks sometimes. I would just be putting on a front if i did.

Or maybe its an epic penis.

Dude, Im totally with you. It's hard to act that way and be real about it if your not really comfortable in your own skin. I feel ya.

But ya know what. I struggle with this acne bullshit for 10 years. And there were sometimes during that period where I did clear up and was able to be myself for the most part. And there were times when I borke out so bad I wanted to die like.

Wanna know the times when I was happiest? It was when I broke out. After breaking out for so long I got the "I dont give a fuck attitude" about shit. N when I have that attitude I am totally the person that Baazlebub describes. And I def say I got more attention from the girls.

Acne screwed with my self esteem so much its tough to get that confidence back. I wish I could just flip a switch and get it back. Acne has really changed who I am as a person.

Be confident, ah, why didn't I think of that.

But seriously, that's really hard to do. :confused:

It's even harder for me since I have never really been confident, and the diminutive amount confidence which I once had was long been destroyed by acne. And the quarter of the diminutive amount confidence I had is not gone again. Oh well, I'll just have to work on getting it back up again, one confidence brick at a time.

Good luck.

complete bullshit, no attractive girl, no matter how good your personallity is, will ever have any interest in someone with severe acne. i know this all too well from experience. to them, your just trash. a piece of trash with a disease all over your face.

Good luck.

complete bullshit, no attractive girl, no matter how good your personallity is, will ever have any interest in someone with severe acne. i know this all too well from experience. to them, your just trash. a piece of trash with a disease all over your face.

true. Everyone is judged by their looks. Even before you talk to a girl she probably has already put you into a category.

And to be honest no, I have never seen a hot girl with an unattractive guy...All the couples at my university seem to be of the same "rank" or "league"... Im not sure which is the right term...

Good luck.

Look buddy, as your name and post suggest, you're obviously in a very dark state of mind so I can understand your irrational response. Don't think for a moment I haven't thought the same way you're thinking now because believe me, me and anger go way back. I honestly believed I was damned to a life of loneliness and hatred, just like you, and I hated everything and everyone. I know many who can attest to that.

Now, I can definitely agree with you on one thing. Keeping up this angry, miserable attitude WILL -- I promise you -- WILL leave you in loneliness for a very long time, or if not, for the rest of your life. It's a bigger turn off when you're pissed off at the world than it is actually having acne. I had someone tell me that, too. I'm sorry to say, you cannot expect to meet anyone if you possess such a depressed and dark disposition. I'd get rid of it.

Edited by Baalzebub

Good luck.

Look buddy, as your name and post suggest, you're obviously in a very dark state of mind so I can understand your irrational response. Don't think for a moment I haven't thought the same way you're thinking now because believe me, me and anger go way back. I honestly believed I was damned to a life of loneliness and hatred, just like you, and I hated everything and everyone. I know many who can attest to that.

Now, I can definitely agree with you on one thing. Keeping up this angry, miserable attitude WILL -- I promise you -- WILL leave you in loneliness for a very long time, or if not, for the rest of your life. It's a bigger turn off when you're pissed off at the world than it is actually having acne. I had someone tell me that, too. I'm sorry to say, you cannot expect to meet anyone if you possess such a depressed and dark disposition. I'd get rid of it.

if personalltiy is so important then explain to me why before i had acne when i was very good looking with a good personallity i could get any girl i wanted with a blink of an eye, but as soon as i get severe acne no girl has any interest in me. not even the uglyest of the ugly. i still had the same good personallity but the looks were gone. now obviously i have a horrible personallity because i hate everyone and everything. but acne isnt the only thing that has done this to me, it is also people. its not only girls that treat me different now, its guys too. i used to be treated with respect, now im treated like a slave.

Heh, I felt every single word you just posted there as if I had written myself. I'm telling you I've been there. What you're feeling now was me approximately five years ago when acne decided to move into my life. It's a tough deal and there's no denying that. Yes, acne isn't exactly aesthetically appealing, but I'm telling you, you cannot lose your overall good looks because of it. Dude, if you were born good looking, you're going to be good looking regardless how shitty your skin is.

In my honest opinion, I sincerely believe that the root cause of these people's lack of respect for you is due to your attitude/confidence. When I broke out with acne, I was ripped to pieces emotionally. Yeah, I continued being a nice guy, but the confidence was completely destroyed, shattered and fucked, and people began treating me differently. I lost friends, girls weren't interested, etc. etc. It was absolutely horrible and I thought the same thing you're thinking right now, no joke! I thought the world, God, people, everything in existence had betrayed me and that's when I learned what hatred truly was. In the end, though, hatred just makes everything worse. People don't live long hating forever.

Dude, you're not alone man. You sound like you need some new friends because if those people were really friends, they wouldn't have treated you any different. If one of my friends had his face torn off, I'd fucking lend a hand, not kick him to the curb. Fuck that! I know acne is hard to deal with right now and I know its just sinking in, but try to think of it this way: if girls treat you like a "piece of trash" because of your acne, or if anyone else treats you that way, are they actually worth having a relationship with? I mean, seriously?

Edited by Baalzebub

I don't really give a shit what a guy's skin is like. I had a huge crush on a guy in highschool who had bad acne, but he was hilarious and had really sexy eyes and a nice smile and just did his own thing. So... his skin was the last thing I looked at.

But I've always been attracted to the weirdo's. Because I am one.

Heh, I felt every single word you just posted there as if I had written myself. I'm telling you I've been there. What you're feeling now was me approximately five years ago when acne decided to move into my life. It's a tough deal and there's no denying that. Yes, acne isn't exactly aesthetically appealing, but I'm telling you, you cannot lose your overall good looks because of it. Dude, if you were born good looking, you're going to be good looking regardless how shitty your skin is.

In my honest opinion, I sincerely believe that the root cause of these people's lack of respect for you is due to your attitude/confidence. When I broke out with acne, I was ripped to pieces emotionally. Yeah, I continued being a nice guy, but the confidence was completely destroyed, shattered and fucked, and people began treating me differently. I lost friends, girls weren't interested, etc. etc. It was absolutely horrible and I thought the same thing you're thinking right now, no joke! I thought the world, God, people, everything in existence had betrayed me and that's when I learned what hatred truly was. In the end, though, hatred just makes everything worse. People don't live long hating forever.

Dude, you're not alone man. You sound like you need some new friends because if those people were really friends, they wouldn't have treated you any different. If one of my friends had his face torn off, I'd fucking lend a hand, not kick him to the curb. Fuck that! I know acne is hard to deal with right now and I know its just sinking in, but try to think of it this way: if girls treat you like a "piece of trash" because of your acne, or if anyone else treats you that way, are they actually worth having a relationship with? I mean, seriously?

think of it this way, if you were with two girls that looked exactly the same exept for one has severe acne, and one with clear skin, which girl are you going to be giving all your attention to and be interested in? really think about it, i dont want to hear the "right" or "good" answer, i want to hear the truth. your going to give the better looking girl more attention every time. to put it in these words it may sound wrong or cruel, but its true. its human nature. we all want an attractive partner. and trust me, im not good looking anymore, im disgusting. im not one of those people that complain about having 1 pimple a month, i have severe cystic acne all over my face and back. there is literally not one clear spot on my face whether its active acne, blackheads, or scars. i dont even recognize myself in the mirror anymore. even if that didnt matter to girls (which it does no matter how much they say it doesnt) i cant have confidence looking like this. i dont want confidence looking like this. you say this attitude of hate will leave me alone in the end; good its better that way. i read some of your previous topics from a long time ago so i know what you say is true about going through similar stuff as me, and im glad that you were able to overcome it, but i cant.

i guess it all depends on where your from and whos around. I hang out with like allll girls ( imma guy btw) and if sumone with really bad acne comes by they'll talk about how fucked his face is. Then again there all bitches so i can understand why they do that.. stuck up fucks now adays, gota love them...

think of it this way, if you were with two girls that looked exactly the same exept for one has severe acne, and one with clear skin, which girl are you going to be giving all your attention to and be interested in? really think about it, i dont want to hear the "right" or "good" answer, i want to hear the truth. your going to give the better looking girl more attention every time. to put it in these words it may sound wrong or cruel, but its true. its human nature. we all want an attractive partner. and trust me, im not good looking anymore, im disgusting. im not one of those people that complain about having 1 pimple a month, i have severe cystic acne all over my face and back. there is literally not one clear spot on my face whether its active acne, blackheads, or scars. i dont even recognize myself in the mirror anymore. even if that didnt matter to girls (which it does no matter how much they say it doesnt) i cant have confidence looking like this. i dont want confidence looking like this. you say this attitude of hate will leave me alone in the end; good its better that way. i read some of your previous topics from a long time ago so i know what you say is true about going through similar stuff as me, and im glad that you were able to overcome it, but i cant.

Excellent point. And to get it REAL, I'd go for the clear skinned girl... But as cheesy as it sounds, looks only go so far OR beauty is in the eye of the beholder or whatever they say. I met tons of hot girls that once they opened there mouths are complete idiots and have no personality. So if the acne girl was cool and we connected then I would look past that. If she was confiednt and funny and all the other shit Baalzebub siad then I'd go for her... Real Talk man

Lol wow, I'm a little offended tbh.

I have a crush on a guy who has severe acne. (had? I'm not sure, I haven't seen him in a while) He has a lot of scarring left over, I think it's cute.

Oh but what do I know, apparently I'm not pretty enough to matter. :lol:

well Im not sure. Many attraction masters say that looks dont matter that much and that if your personality or the confidence you portray is very good, then the girls forget about the looks.

like 20% is looks 20% is bodylanguage and 60% is innergame (personality and confidence).

I also dont know about this because I am ugly aswell but my personality is not bad and I do get good interactions with girls. I never get dates or girlfriends but maybe its because i never ask.

But I will agree on the point that if ur acne is super bad....like it hurts to look at it, then yea i dont think any attractive girl wud date you because they wud be afraid to be near ur face...as it looks scary..disease like. You can reduce acne or try to and then once ur skin is pretty clear...then u can get girls. My friend of mine has acne too on his face.. he used to be really good at getting girls , girls used to like him alot more than me n all. then when he got acne ...he still kept getting girls ! Infact he's recently been getting sooo many girls (unless he's lying) but hes persionality is so alpha that even im jelious about the way he talks. He also has good bonestructure tho soo dam... but still has acne and still gets girls so ya. maybe acne doesnt matter that much ...aslong as its not like bleeding acne pussing acne or severe.

Also my teacher has alot of acne scars...his face is like horrible with huge dents. But his confidence and the way he talks...hes an english teacher... its so attractive (no homo). He has such good speeaches and like so funny so confident its hard to explain but it shows that it can be done.

He claims to have a girlfriend...maybe he doesnt but i truly thnk he does.

hahahaha

i have a great personality and am funny. must explain why i'm single huh? no, its cuz my face is fucked up. if i put myself in the shoes of any decent looking female i wouldnt want me either.

all that personality crap is BS