Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Golden

Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO

Hi! How is everyone?

I just started Orth Tri-Cyclen LO for my moderate/severe acne. I wanted to know if anyone else was on it and if they have any results, if so, how long will it take? I just finished my first pack. I am also concerned about the week I am on the placebo pills- will the hormones still work or will my face get worse during that week- especially since I am only on it for 1 month so far. Should I start to see a difference immediately? I just don't want to waste any time if it is not working. I am wondering if I should take Spiro in addition to the BC until my face is starting to look clear- I just don't want to be on so many pills.

Thank you in advance! :D

Hi! How is everyone?

I just started Orth Tri-Cyclen LO for my moderate/severe acne. I wanted to know if anyone else was on it and if they have any results, if so, how long will it take? I just finished my first pack. I am also concerned about the week I am on the placebo pills- will the hormones still work or will my face get worse during that week- especially since I am only on it for 1 month so far. Should I start to see a difference immediately? I just don't want to waste any time if it is not working. I am wondering if I should take Spiro in addition to the BC until my face is starting to look clear- I just don't want to be on so many pills.

Interesting, I am doing research on almost the same thing. If I find anything I'll post back.

Hi Little Golden,

I took ortho lo for over a year and was pretty happy with it. I think you should see results within a month or two... that's how it was for me - but I've heard to give it up to three months. I would wait a while and see how you do on it - it you still aren't happy then you could add in spiro. Hope that helps and good luck

Hellooo

I have been on ortho tri cyclen lo for years.. about 5 years now. I went on it mostly for non skin related issues, but I've found it helps a bit. It never completely solved my acne problem but I am sure that it makes a difference because I went off the pill for about a week (ran out and had no insurance at the time... dumb!) and my face really erupted horribly. So even though I still have acne and seem to break out just before my cycle I will be staying on it!

hey,

ortho lo doesnt help with acne, only the regular orthotrycyclin (prob not the spelling)

or yaz is supposed to also. if you go to ortho lo website it tells you right there that it isnt used to prevent or help acne

good luck

I was on the regular ortho when I was 17 and I blame it for the last 10 years of acne. I believe it totally screwed up my hormones/face. I really don't remember how long I was on it an if my face eventually got better, but when I started it- my face was a MESS, before then, I didn't get a pimple. I don't remember when or why I went off it, but several- maybe 5 years later- I went on ortho lo for my acne and it cleared up. I went off it for about 2 years and my acne has come back so I am trying ortho lo again. I do hope it works again!

Anyone on regular Ortho- how long did it take to work?

I am getting frusterated, when will my skin clear up and stop breaking out?! Anyone on any form of ortho that can tell me, please?

I've started to clear up, but not to a point where I can go without make up.

I've used ortho tri cyclen since I was 9 (which was 10 years ago)

I had bad acne took a good 2 months to see results.

ex: I broke out everywhere and after solid use for 2months my body cleared up.

But, before menstrual cycles my hormones would go crazy and I would still break out here and there.

I stopped using this year since I couldn't handle how it made me yo-yo my weight and Headaches :/

So try it for 2 or more months since it takes awhile for your body to get used to adjust to all these new hormones.

Since like every med your body is having something new being introduced to it so it needs time to get comfy again.

I'm not to sure if I took ortho tri cyclen or ortho tri cyclen LO

I'll try to find a old perception to see for sure. But I hope my advise helped! >_<

i am currently on my 6th week of Ortho Tri-Cyclen (non-LO) the derm also prescribed 50 mg of sprio and 200 mg of doxy a day. I do not think the meds are working. The derm said to give it at least 3 months, so i guess thats what i'll do. But i really do not like the bc because, in addition to the weight gain and nausea, i feel like an emotional basket case and i live with my dad and two brothers. it is not fun. :-(

i could see a few obstacles to the effectiveness of my treatment. Because I've been so emotional, i have eaten a lot of crappy food, such as pints of chocolate chip ice cream and dozens of chocolate chip cookies. Before trying BC i was on the paleo diet. so i don't know if the sugar spike freaked out my body. Also, i don't know how much of a role ovulation time plays.

For example: Right now i have five cysts and a huge pimple on my neck. I am ovulating. Yesterday, I had an argument with my dad and proceeded to eat two bowls of ice cream and four cookies, following the tacos we had for dinner. Saturday was my cousin's party and i ate greasy chinese food plus cake and ice cream. My face is also irritated and dry. I think the dryness has more to do with the weather...

Anyway, I still have another 6 weeks to go. So, please keep us updated with you progress and I'll let you know how I'm doing too.

Good luck! ;)

Edited by IrishGurl2009

Hi! I'm in the first week of my 2nd pack of ortho lo. I do see a change- I had a severe break out on my forhead and one side of my chin BUT is it just getting better because it's been so long and it's just starting to clear. I go through periods of break outs so sometimes I'm clear, but this last time it was major. It had not been like this for a few years. I have a few new small break outs and oddly- I feel like my skin mirrors itself- if I breakout on one side, as that clears, I then break out on the exact opposite side. So I don't know if it is the pill or just time, but people at work are STILL saying stuff "you have to do something" meanwhile it's so much better looking. I hope my face clears up w/in this 2nd month, but I've heard/read that it can take a good 3 months. Maybe I should do spiro now as well especially with summer here, to clear me up.

I'm on my second pack of otc lo i've been breaking out. It's hard to tell if the pills caused it but i haven't broken out this bad in a long time. I have eaten a lot of dairy lately, so maybe that's the cause,

I was on yasmin for a long time and i dont think it affected my skin one way or another. I'd kind of like to go back on it, but there are so many bad reviews and even lawsuits out on it.

Please keep us updated on how you are doing with it. i'm hoping the break outs are just an initial flare up.

Hi! How is everyone?

I'm so glad to hear someone else is on ortho lo!!!!! Someone today said my face looks WORSE, but I it's definitely better. I have a big concern so I don't know if I'll be staying on ortho- I have a gene that causes blood clots, and I've been have leg cramps the last 2 days. I'll be speaking to my hematologist Monday. I'm thinking I should go off the pill and start spiro, BUT I'm concerned I'll breakk out terribly from going off the pill! Ugh I can never win!

I seem to have a problem with Dairy as well and cereal WAS one of my favorite foods. My dermatologist said there is no link to dairy and acne but Ive read a lot of people mentioning it on here. I have been eating A LOT of yogurt which IS dairy and seem to be ok so far, maybe it's not the same as having milk, what do you think?

How were you with dairy when you were on the other pill, could you have dairy?

Your body is probably reacting to the change in pills and will take some time to adjust!

Why did you go off other bc?

I'm going to set up a derm appointment soon and ask their advice. I'm thinking about Sprio as well, i just need to read more on it. It seems like dairy always breaks me out no matter if it's milk, cheese or yogurt. Milk seems to be the worst. I read a lot of bad reviews on yasmin, so i decided to try another brand.

I'm so glad to hear someone else is on ortho lo!!!!! Someone today said my face looks WORSE, but I it's definitely better. I have a big concern so I don't know if I'll be staying on ortho- I have a gene that causes blood clots, and I've been have leg cramps the last 2 days. I'll be speaking to my hematologist Monday. I'm thinking I should go off the pill and start spiro, BUT I'm concerned I'll breakk out terribly from going off the pill! Ugh I can never win!

Hi! I am SO frusterated!! I am starting the last week in my second pack of ortho lo and I thought my face was starting to get better, but it's totally NOT. My chin totally broke out terribly. I've come to terms with my face being a mess as things could be worse, luckily I have my health, God willing! But it's just frusterating and just when you think it's getting better.....

I look at women and think they are so lucky to have clear skin.

I just wonder of I'm waiting time on ortho lo or if I should give it 3 months. Maybe I should have been on spiro instead. I think back to early February when my derm wanted me to start spiro, but I knew nothing about it.

Well, I just stopped taking otc lo. I was getting horrible breakouts on my chin as well. I know a lot of people say to keep taking it for at least 3 months, but i couldnt stand the breakouts anymore. I have a new prescription for yaz, and i'm starting that tomorrow. I read that taking yaz is like taking a mini dose of spiro.

So i'm hoping my skin gets better on it, and if it does, i may try to find a doctor to prescribe spiro. I've been reading about it, and it seems like it may work, but the side effects are scary.

Hi! I am SO frusterated!! I am starting the last week in my second pack of ortho lo and I thought my face was starting to get better, but it's totally NOT. My chin totally broke out terribly. I've come to terms with my face being a mess as things could be worse, luckily I have my health, God willing! But it's just frusterating and just when you think it's getting better.....

I look at women and think they are so lucky to have clear skin.

I just wonder of I'm waiting time on ortho lo or if I should give it 3 months. Maybe I should have been on spiro instead. I think back to early February when my derm wanted me to start spiro, but I knew nothing about it.