Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cotx44

Third Course of Accutane

Hey Everyone -

I am new to this site and decided it would be a great place to come to now that I am going to be starting my third course of accutane. I am a bit nervous to go at it again. My first course I do not really remember because it was back when I was in 8th grade. My second course was when I was a senior in high school and I remember the IB was horrible and seemed to last for months...Now, here I am at 24, tried everything to clear this stuff up. Just finished a month of Bactrim which I think works very well but it is only a temporary solution and isn't very good for you. Oil is out of control so this is the last straw so to speak. Derm made a good point. If acne hasn't stopped for the most part now that I am 24, I can pretty much count on it being around for quite a while longer if I don't just stick it out and deal with it now.

Has anyone had any luck in controlling the IB? Derm suggested that I can alternate 40mg then 80mg each day. Oh how I dread this again....

sorry to hear. its unfortunate that you havent had sustained success with anything, but it does sound like this is your best option. i tend to hopefully the third time is the charm.